Lift and Shift Beyond April 2022??

We have an 8 night cruise on Indy which leaves Miami on May 8, 2021. We booked this cruise last June at a great rate on Brilliance.  RC moved it to Indy which was fine with us. I doubt if this cruise will go so I started looking at L&S options. I soon discovered that since L&S ends on April 30, 2022 my only cruise options all  leave in April 2022 which I can't make because of work. There is a cruise in May on Explorer that is the same as the offering in April. Has anyone tried to call and see if they will allow a L&S into the second month since the cruise is eligible for a partial  L&S? I know it's probably a no but the May cruise is actually cheaper than the one in April so it would be a better move for RC as well.

If RC cancels this cruise I assume my option would be 125% FCC to be applied to a totally different cruise?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

We have an 8 night cruise on Indy which leaves Miami on May 8, 2021. We booked this cruise last June at a great rate on Brilliance.  RC moved it to Indy which was fine with us. I doubt if this cruise will go so I started looking at L&S options. I soon discovered that since L&S ends on April 30, 2022 my only cruise options all  leave in April 2022 which I can't make because of work. There is a cruise in May on Explorer that is the same as the offering in April. Has anyone tried to call and see if they will allow a L&S into the second month since the cruise is eligible for a partial  L&S? I know it's probably a no but the May cruise is actually cheaper than the one in April so it would be a better move for RC as well.

If RC cancels this cruise I assume my option would be 125% FCC to be applied to a totally different cruise?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Royal will not allow anything beyond April 30, 2022. 

Your options are;

- shift to April

- Cancel and get your deposit back as FCC or cash if you had a refundable deposit

- make final and hope Royal cancels to get a refund or 125% FCC

- make final and if it sails then sail or cancel 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and get a 100% FCC

or...make final and hope that Royal extends the lift and shift option and if they don’t then use one of the above options. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jcol5786 said:

Thanks Ken very much for your clear summary of the current options available. We have some planning to do. 

I'm booked april 25th 2021 and facing the same thing. I have a b2b coming back early april 2022. I'm still hoping they extend the date allowed to lift and shift to. ..I too would rather shift into may not april.

I guess otherwise I'll sit on my hands and let them cancel me. Lots of alaska folks also want it extended lol. 

I heard some from the UK today saying the lockdown might never end. Seriously?  He said because there is no proof a vaccinated person cant transit it. .. made me worry for crusing future that someone would say lockdowns should stay in place even if cases drop. 

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I heard some from the UK today saying the lockdown might never end. Seriously?  He said because there is no proof a vaccinated person cant transit it. .. made me worry for cruising future that someone would say lockdowns should stay in place even if cases drop. 

I don't believe that. Once enough people are immunized, even if they can still transmit it, there should not be the overwhelming health care system issues that there are now.

55 minutes ago, zdcatc12 said:

I don't believe that. Once enough people are immunized, even if they can still transmit it, there should not be the overwhelming health care system issues that there are now.

I dont believe it either, but seems some think shut downs are the way to go. Seems wrong thinking to me too. .. yet look at us, how many shut down even more when they know its spread at home. Clearly there are extremes on both sides, and I worry the cdc is on the shut down side as long as they can. I dont hear much intelligence of what science says, just opinions on both sides of shutting down. Cdc does worry me. 

• Like 1

I don't think lockdowns are necessary either. I don't agree with their vaccination rollout. Or necessarily with the cruise ban. We are not sheep, but we are also not the ones who make the rules. There isn't much we can do about any of it, just wait until things improve. And follow the rules until then. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

As an update my wife phoned RC today to ask about Lifting our May 8'th cruise on Indy to the April 30 cruise on Explorer in 2022. I decided that I can make that date even though it will be close. The RC agent indicated that this cruise wasn't eligible for a Lift because it had already been Lifted once?? He would not do anything else even though we told him that our account showed that the cruise is eligible for a Lift to that date in April. We ended the call and did the Lift ourselves and now are waiting for the confirmation email which can take up to 72 hrs. Thinking about it after I remembered that when we originally booked this cruise it was on Brilliance and then RC moved it to Indy. Perhaps the agent saw that change and thought it had been Lifted. If RC rejects our request I guess I'll be phone them again but hopefully we'll get the Lift approved.

Just now, Jcol5786 said:

As an update my wife phoned RC today to ask about Lifting our May 8'th cruise on Indy to the April 30 cruise on Explorer in 2022. I decided that I can make that date even though it will be close. The RC agent indicated that this cruise wasn't eligible for a Lift because it had already been Lifted once?? He would not do anything else even though we told him that our account showed that the cruise is eligible for a Lift to that date in April. We ended the call and did the Lift ourselves and now are waiting for the confirmation email which can take up to 72 hrs. Thinking about it after I remembered that when we originally booked this cruise it was on Brilliance and then RC moved it to Indy. Perhaps the agent saw that change and thought it had been Lifted. If RC rejects our request I guess I'll be phone them again but hopefully we'll get the Lift approved.

What you described sounds like what happened.  I have found that if it truly had been shifted then the on line portal will not allow a second lift and shift. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

If you lift and shift, does that new booking become non-refundable?

If the booking was refundable it remains as refundable.

That being said if you shift a refundable booking that is after final payment and is in the penalty phase those penalties follow through to the new booking and if you cancel that booking the penalties will apply

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

The lifted cruise now appears in our cruise planner however we haven't received the confirmation email from RC yet but I'm assuming the shift has been approved.

You can call their regular number 866.662.7625 and there are prompts on their automated system to send yourself an e mailed copy of the guest booking invoice. 

On 1/6/2021 at 7:20 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

You can call their regular number 866.662.7625 and there are prompts on their automated system to send yourself an e mailed copy of the guest booking invoice. 

Did this yesterday and got our guest booking invoice. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

What if you booked through TA?

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Never tried.  @molly361might know.

I'm pretty sure that your TA has to request it for you.  Try the automated system Ken gave aboe and see what happens.  First prompt press 4 then it will ask if you booked thru a TA or direct

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm pretty sure that your TA has to request it for you.  Try the automated system Ken gave aboe and see what happens.  First prompt press 4 then it will ask if you booked thru a TA or direct

OK thank you. Will try now & let you know. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No luck. Office closed, call back regular business hours. Please note Telephone # is 866-562-7625 not 662

• Like 1