Be Careful Booking.

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Nor me, zilch booked. We must the only sensible ones, lol.

That may change if I'm watching a Sydney TV newsreader with Circular Quay as a backdrop and there's a cruise ship berthed there.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:50 AM, possum52 said:

I really doubt our cruise to PNG in late November will go ahead. The number of cases in the rest of the world will have to be brought under control before our government would even consider opening our borders. I wonder even if PNG will allow cruise ships to visit. Perhaps from Australia/NZ, but will it be safe for us to visit? Will their number cases be under control? Are we helping them with providing the vaccine to their people?

Many questions to be answered yet.

Leigh

I found this statement by the Australian High Commissioner in PNG issued on 26 Jan 21 though it says nothing of when the vaccines may start to rollout. PNG has 69 active cases out of a total of 867. IMO I doubt this cruise will go ahead  as to whether they change to a Qld coastal cruise or cancel is yet another unknown that we are now used to in this COVID universe.

Australia will help procure and deliver safe and effective #COVID19 vaccines to Papua New Guinea and other countries in our region to protect the health of our neighbours and help economies reopen and recover.

We’re investing PGK 1.3 billion ($500 million) to set up a three-year Regional Vaccine Access and Health Security Initiative – Australia’s commitment to working with governments in the Pacific and Southeast Asia to plan for, access and roll out safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines.
Through this initiative, Australia will provide $144 million (PGK 374 million) to PNG for COVID-19 vaccination over three years. This is in addition to Australia’s ongoing development assistance to PNG. It also complements Australia’s funding to support global efforts for our region to access vaccines through the COVAX Facility Advance Market Commitment (AMC).

Australia is supporting PNG in its vaccine rollout to give all Papua New Guineas the opportunity to be vaccinated against COVID-19.

A timely, safe and effective vaccine rollout is the first step in working towards more normal travel, tourism and trade. It will allow more families and friends to reunite and help bring back international training, employment, sporting and cultural exchange opportunities.
For more on the Regional Vaccine Access and Health Security Initiative:
  • Like 1

Whats new, PNG live off us Aussie tax payers. So much corruption there, foreign aid lining pockets. 144 million dollars for png covid vaccine? I shakes my head. 🤐

Why do we do it when we still have people down here living in tents and caravans after the bushfires and some of us self funded retirees still have to pay full freight for medications?

Jacquie Lambie for PM, 2073150271_th(5).jpg.b9a917336ccee1eded33c841b0f21b33.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, NSWP said:

Why do we do it when we still have people down here living in tents and caravans after the bushfires and some of us self funded retirees still have to pay full freight for medications?

Because the virus doesn't care😉 it just wants warm bodies and we can't afford to leave it a place to breed and potentially evolve into something our vaccines will no longer work for. When it comes to a world health crisis you need to leave politics at the door. Imagine with small pox if we left a country unvaccinated? It would be like the measles always popping up in localised epidemics filling up hospitals and shutting down borders😳. That would cost us more in the long run.