The Daily for Friday Jan 8, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes!  I love it too!!

C7773855-488F-4F69-B34A-1A2A74BC1A97.thumb.jpeg.17c53c375a65391f0d00e1b31629997e.jpeg

And my magnets won’t work on the front but I kind of like it this way. 

Mine is the same, but without the extra drawer. I LOVE the door- in- door feature. I was showing that feature to a visitor once (remember when we used to be able to let people into our homes?). I said this is where you keep things you need frequently or in a hurry. I flung the door open, and the main door shelf had four bottles of wine in it. She and DH laughed so hard I thought they’d fall over.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes!  I love it too!!

C7773855-488F-4F69-B34A-1A2A74BC1A97.thumb.jpeg.17c53c375a65391f0d00e1b31629997e.jpeg

And my magnets won’t work on the front but I kind of like it this way. 

This is interesting - looks like you have a wall separating your fridge.  We have a wall on one side of ours which has prevented me from getting this style of fridge but yours looks like it comes out far enough to be able to open the doors.

You said it’s an LG, right?  I must do some looking down the road.  If this comes out far enough, it would be perfect. 🙂 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dfish said:

I, too, prefer the Pinot Grigio to Riesling.  I'm not big on sweets and really don't care for sweet wines.  

Debbie & Jacqui, there are some amazing dry (relatively) Rieslings out there. I never knew it until a wine tasting on the Eurodam. Still not my “go to”, but I no longer avoid it like the plague. Or should I say virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Sharon in AZ, @Horizon chaser 1957 and 

anyone who has or is contemplating getting an LG French door fridge - if the model comes with an ice/water dispenser, beware of the button pictured below. Sorry it is hazy, but.....  

The button is at the top right of the dispenser. It is intended to provide a continuous water flow, useful if filling a carafe.  Mine sticks! I even tried a cutip with WD-40, but it did not help. I will not tell you how I discovered this. Brings back a bit too much stress, even after almost 5 years.

774B51CA-FC26-4949-829C-11170972072F.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Debbie & Jacqui, there are some amazing dry (relatively) Rieslings out there. I never knew it until a wine tasting on the Eurodam. Still not my “go to”, but I no longer avoid it like the plague. Or should I say virus.

I'll keep that in mind and look for dryer Rieslings.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kazu said:

This is interesting - looks like you have a wall separating your fridge.  We have a wall on one side of ours which has prevented me from getting this style of fridge but yours looks like it comes out far enough to be able to open the doors.

You said it’s an LG, right?  I must do some looking down the road.  If this comes out far enough, it would be perfect. 🙂 

The wall is a “half” wall, I’m not sure if it is for support or just looks. The other side is what I call “half cabinets”, or half depth cabinets, so the fridge fits really well. Even our older smaller fridges came out far enough to open. I will take a picture later (right now I’m cozy with the dog).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

The button is at the top right of the dispenser. It is intended to provide a continuous water flow, useful if filling a carafe.  Mine sticks! I even tried a cutip with WD-40, but it did not help. I will not tell you how I discovered this. Brings back a bit too much stress, even after almost 5 years.

They must have taken that off the newer models because I don’t have that feature and don’t remember seeing it on any I was looking at. Maybe they could hear you crying.  😢

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

They must have taken that off the newer models because I don’t have that feature and don’t remember seeing it on any I was looking at. Maybe they could hear you crying.  😢

They could probably hear me doing something. Don’t think it was crying. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

The wall is a “half” wall, I’m not sure if it is for support or just looks. The other side is what I call “half cabinets”, or half depth cabinets, so the fridge fits really well. Even our older smaller fridges came out far enough to open. I will take a picture later (right now I’m cozy with the dog).

Thanks.  I know my “half” wall is a support wall.  Traditionally I have gotten a fridge that opens on the other side and not had issues but I’d love one like yours.  Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Yes, I’ve lucked into a couple of the dry ones and they aren’t too bad.  I usually find most are too sweet for me.  I’ve learned to ask if the description doesn’t tell me what I need to know.  Thanks 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

The Washington state ones are too sweet for me,  I used to know all the German names but the Auslese and beerenausleese are very sweet, like a late harvest almost dessert wine.   I need to do a refresher!   I think Trocken is dry? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu our fridge is built in on both sides. It’s counter depth so doesn’t stick as far out but still opens fine,  unless you happen to have the cupboards open....

Thanks 😄. I’m going to get more adventuresome with good measurements in the future I think.

Mine is fine so far but I know DH wants me to change it.  I usually resist changing appliances unless I have to 😉 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Sorry photo here

image.jpg

Wow!  Thanks.  I guess I am used to having to open the door all the way from having the one door fridge.  Much appreciated 🙂 

• Like 1