B2b cruise

alanasgpa

If you go to the post on this page Operations Now Paused To may 14th and go towards the bottom of page 2 there is a link to VP of sales John Chernesky webcast on Facebook where he discusses B2B cruises.  The discussion on b2b is about 2/3 into the webcast.

The answer he gives is NO. You can book them but one will be cancelled as soon as Princess software is updated to check.  That is for US sailings only.  

1 hour ago, alanasgpa said:

Has anybody booked a b2b cruise

1 hour ago, alanasgpa said:

Looking to book b2b 7day in October of 2021

Beginning in post #36 of this other thread it discusses B2B cruises which based on yesterday’s webinar with their VP of Sales will not be allowed during the current CDC 7-day cruise length limit through at least 10/31/21 for cruises with US ports.

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

The B2B question is at about 36 minutes & you can quickly get there by dragging the indicator to that point.

We don't have a B2B, we have a 15 day cruise, but Thank you. 🙂 I suspect B2B would be allowed if cruises longer than 7 days are allowed, but who knows. 

1 minute ago, jennybenny said:

We don't have a B2B, we have a 15 day cruise, but Thank you. 🙂 I suspect B2B would be allowed if cruises longer than 7 days are allowed, but who knows. 

The CDC 7-day limit on US cruises currently ends on 11/1/21 so unless it’s extended your cruise would sail. 🤞

Based on his statements tests will be required at the beginning & end of cruises with a self quarantine after disembarkion. Obviously it’s an evolving situation & no guarantees on what we’ll experience.

• Like 1

We booked the 5 night Cabo and 15 night Hawaii for December 2021.  Being Canadian testing may be an issue and self quarantining definitely will be if its for more than a few days.  If they cancel the Hawaii portion we will postpone our trip.

I guess I was just a tad optimistic when I booked. 

Webinar is no longer available, is there another link to it?

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Edited by Sprocket

44 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Webinar is no longer available, is there another link to it?

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

I just clicked on that FB page & it opened the webinar.

Here’s another link to their VP of Sales FB page & maybe that’ll work for you. 🤞

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1937949749686380&id=607462672735101&__tn__=*s*s-R

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I just clicked on that FB page & it opened the webinar.

Here’s another link to their VP of Sales FB page & maybe that’ll work for you. 🤞

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1937949749686380&id=607462672735101&__tn__=*s*s-R

Love your work Astro Flyer....

Edited by Fletch1

I talked to a Princess agent yesterday.   She confirmed that B2B bookings before November 1 will be reversed.  I have two cruises 4 days apart and she told me that I would be fine as there are no rules in regards to the gap between the cruises other than it can not be the same day.

While I feel good to hear that, I am not convinced this may change....

4 hours ago, tert333 said:

I talked to a Princess agent yesterday.   She confirmed that B2B bookings before November 1 will be reversed.  I have two cruises 4 days apart and she told me that I would be fine as there are no rules in regards to the gap between the cruises other than it can not be the same day.

While I feel good to hear that, I am not convinced this may change....

Their VP of Sales said during their 1/7 webinar that in addition to pre-cruise & before embarkation testing that passengers will be required to have a post-cruise quarantine. That’s expected to be a few days (2-3?) which would work for your 4 day break will be allowed.

He had just attended a Princess meeting with management indicating they’re expecting a post-cruise quarantine requirement but nothing definitive yet.

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

that passengers will be required to have a post-cruise quarantine. That’s expected to be a few days (2-3?) which would work for your 4 day break will be allowed.

He had just attended a Princess meeting with management indicating they’re expecting a post-cruise quarantine requirement

total bs deal breaker for us ... or is that just for potential b2b cruises ?

Edited by voljeep

46 minutes ago, voljeep said:

total bs deal breaker for us ... or is that just for potential b2b cruises ?

You can listen to the webinar to decide what he was saying but he was responding to the question about whether B2B cruises will be allowed during the CDC’s current 7 day cruise limit to which he emphatically said NO!

He didn’t address whether a post-cruise quarantine would be required for all disembarking passengers or not.

22 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

We were able to book on for Nov. 30th 2021.  It took a while and had to get a supervisor to over ride it but we were able to book.  At first we were told no and then agent was able to get her supervisor to override.

22 hours ago, alanasgpa said:

15 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We were able to book on for Nov. 30th 2021.  It took a while and had to get a supervisor to over ride it but we were able to book.  At first we were told no and then agent was able to get her supervisor to override.

Glad that you were able to book your cruises however your date is after the CDC’s 7-day limit currently ending on 11/1/21 but the OP’s October B2B cruises they’re considering won’t be allowed.

Myself & others have previously booked B2B 7-day cruises but due to the current CDC rule Princess said B2B cruises won’t be allowed for cruises before 11/1/21.

• Thanks 1

@Astro Flyer

Glad that you were able to book your cruises however your date is after the CDC’s 7-day limit currently ending on 11/1/21 

Does this automatically mean that the 16 Day cruise (available as two 8 Day cruises) (Fort Lauderdale-FL-FL Two Caribbean cruises) on the Discovery Princess starting Dec 21st will not be possible.

What about the 50 day cruise immediately following those cruises also on the Discovery Princess (Fort Lauderdale-Los Angeles)?

Thanks

Mike

On 1/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, alanasgpa said:

On 1/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, alanasgpa said:

Yes, I have:

On 12/30/2020 I booked directly online on Princess.com a 4-5-4 day B2B2B, total 13 days; the first 2 legs are in October 2021 and the 3rd leg is in November 2021.

I am aware that one leg of 2-leg B2Bs before 10/31/2021 may need to be cancelled; if this happens I'll possibly cancel the first leg if my November 2021 segment is still allowed, or perhaps cancel the middle leg (to be replaced with a short visit to 🎰Vegas).

Usually soon after I book on Princess.com, I transfer the booking to my TA; this time I'm first waiting a bit, just in case Princess contacts me to change the B2B.

38 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Astro Flyer

Glad that you were able to book your cruises however your date is after the CDC’s 7-day limit currently ending on 11/1/21 

Does this automatically mean that the 16 Day cruise (available as two 8 Day cruises) (Fort Lauderdale-FL-FL Two Caribbean cruises) on the Discovery Princess starting Dec 21st will not be possible.

What about the 50 day cruise immediately following those cruises also on the Discovery Princess (Fort Lauderdale-Los Angeles)?

Thanks

Mike

My apologies Mike for creating any confusion. My quote you posted was for a passenger who was booked on 11/30/21 which is currently allowed.

The CDC’s current 7-day cruise limit has resulted in no Princess B2B cruises until 11/1/21. If that requirement isn’t extended past that date your December cruises would be permitted as would the 50 day FL to LA cruise.

No one including the CDC knows whether the 7-day limit will be extended but hopefully your cruises will sail as planned. 🤞

Edited by Astro Flyer

22 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Astro Flyer

Thanks

Mike

Not that I can see as both cruises long are after the CDC's order expires.

@Astro Flyer and @beg3yrs

Thank you.   That was what I was hoping.   We are also thinking of putting a Brisbane-Brisbane cruise and a Fort Lauderdale- Fort Lauderdale cruise before the ones I mentioned in my post.   My reading is that these would also be allowed as they would be after the 1st November and one outside the USA.

I don't like your date system 11/1/2021 rather than 1/11/2021 which is why I use 1st November above.

We arrived at the ferry port in Seattle to go to Victoria BC a number of years ago and found we didn't have a booking for the date we wanted; they found we were a no show a month earlier!!!!!!  9/8 and 8/9!!!