Cunard 2023 World Cruise Announcement?

Cruise NH

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement of itineraries, aren't they announced by now?  I saw that HAL has theirs out this week unofficially, I thought Cunard usually beat them to the punch.

I know some folks have good sources for this sort of thing, has anyone heard anything?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Cruise NH said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement of itineraries, aren't they announced by now?  I saw that HAL has theirs out this week unofficially, I thought Cunard usually beat them to the punch.

I know some folks have good sources for this sort of thing, has anyone heard anything?

Thanks.

Heard possibly June this year...... looking forward to doing the chop up Math.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Windsurfboy said:

Anyone know if QM2 is returning via Suez or Capetown.  Fingers  crossed for Capetown. 

Hello

I too have been very curious about 2023.  The main thing is I hope the the QM2 does an actual world cruise circumnavigating the globe.  Recently Cunard QM2 world voyages have done a lot of back tracking such as will be the case of  the 2022 route.  I have no interest in doing one of those.  

Deck Chair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deck chair said:

Hello

I too have been very curious about 2023.  The main thing is I hope the the QM2 does an actual world cruise circumnavigating the globe.  Recently Cunard QM2 world voyages have done a lot of back tracking such as will be the case of  the 2022 route.  I have no interest in doing one of those.  

Deck Chair.

In recent years the "real" world cruises are mostly on QV, or sometimes QE.

QM2 so-called world cruises recently spent too much time in Asia and visited the same port twice, probably because they want to make more shorter segments (or even a roundtrip) to attract Asian passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Heard possibly June this year...... looking forward to doing the chop up Math.

Please explain “chop up math”.   Does thst mean combining different length segments of the World to find the best price? I’m curious.   Thanks! 

5 hours ago, jeno said:

Please explain “chop up math”.   Does thst mean combining different length segments of the World to find the best price? I’m curious.   Thanks! 

Correct.  
But take into calculations the application of FCDs OBC, Cunard Fare OBC, plus Shareholder Benefit OBC.  Then there is the addition of multiple Diamond Member Benefits which one can either put a value on or ignore. 

Has only worked two out of five WC, and remember to have your Cunard PCS to hold your selected stateroom for the duration of the WC while you do the Math.

Book on release period to gain the 5% discount.

• Thanks 1

Know you’ve possibly already considered this...   Self Calculating Spreadsheet..    

Price.
Less 5%

etc etc

One chop WC was about £120.00 each more, but seven sets of D benefits made it a no brainer.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, 57eric said:

HAL, Princess, MSC, Seabourn, Oceania, Crystal and Regent have all announced.  Anyone I missed?

Princess: Island Princess

HAL: Zaandam

MSC: MSC Poesia

Crystal: Crystal Serenity

Regent: Seven Seas Mariner

Oceania: Insignia

Seabourn: Seabourn Sojourn

Viking: Viking Neptune

Silversea: Silver Shadow

Still waiting for Cunard and P&O UK.

On 2/17/2021 at 12:24 PM, Windsurfboy said:

Will keep an eye out in March,  I doubt our 2022 Capetown to UK will go ahead, so hope to do it in 2023

In similar situation, having lost the last two WC will book 2023 with some confidence. If 2022 also gets pulled then a tidal wave of transfers to 2023 will possibly cause substantive price increases.

Agree our final legs of the QV 2022 WC may not happen, because one can not see the whole of Asia and South Africa being totally vaccinated by the end of this year at a level to satisfy the ship’s Insurers and bean counters.  Believe 2021 Europe and the Caribbean will also be cancelled as their respective countries mass vaccination programs have only just commenced, albeit sloth pace at best.

25 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Definitely looking to book WC for 2023 we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary, any advice or tips on how to get the best value or cabins much appreciated 

Best advice?
As this cruise will have a big demand, this could result in rapid price increases.

One’s opinion is to book on the release period dates to gain the 5% discount on Cunard fare.

Or, if having a budget, book a Early Saver Fare in the Grade of Stateroom you prefer.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Definitely looking to book WC for 2023 we will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary, any advice or tips on how to get the best value or cabins much appreciated 

Sit and wait.....when the lines do comeback ,there will most likely be a free for all price war trying to woo back the dollars . 

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks  for your advice we will be booking ASAP for this length of voyage I think we will be booking balcony cabins and we don’t really mind the location so possibly look at the saver fare. 

Look at booking a BD grade Early Saver Fare, then if you get an upgrade it will not be to a stateroom at the bow or to a metal front balcony.  A BD upgrade usually will be to midships with a glass front balcony

Edited by PORT ROYAL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Look at booking a BD grade Early Saver Fare, then if you get an upgrade it will not be to a stateroom at the bow or to a metal front balcony.  A BD upgrade usually will be to midships with a glass front balcony

Additional 

As you said WC, one thought for a special occasion it had to be a complete circumnavigation on the QV, and.one’s suggestions were based on the QV (Panamax)

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Panamax