Retreat lounge Summit

sdnich

Looking at Celebrity website it’s hard to tell what the actual celebrity summit retreat lounge looks like. If anyone has any pictures that would be great but curious if it’s an enclosed outdoor deck or Open air.I’ve been on the equinox retreat lounge that was open but the pictures we were just looking at looks like it’s a enclose atrium???

thank you

11 hours ago, sdnich said:

Looking at Celebrity website it’s hard to tell what the actual celebrity summit retreat lounge looks like. If anyone has any pictures that would be great but curious if it’s an enclosed outdoor deck or Open air.I’ve been on the equinox retreat lounge that was open but the pictures we were just looking at looks like it’s a enclose atrium???

thank you

The Retreat Sundeck located on deck 12 forward is not enclosed. 

We enjoyed both the retreat lounge and the Sundeck.   The lounge was very nice for a pre dinner drink and to socialize, bartender was friendly and the overall atmosphere excellent.   We also used the Sundeck on Sea days however it is difficult to find shade and that going forward is I believe a real problem.   I am a melanoma patient so this is important to us.  We were able to find it on the Starboard side in one of the big lounges.   Hot Tub has no shade whatsoever.   We had a very nice lunch which basically came from Luminae menu and drinks with waiter service.   

I really enjoyed Michaels club better because the room seemed to be filled with nice wood furnishings and walls.   Retreat is more modern, just my preference. 

Important Point:    First day we went there I had a problem with the stairs because of medical conditions.   Second day we found the elevator, it is sort of hidden from the deck below.    If you go past the stairs about 20 feet or so the elevator is right in front of you.  We only found it because it was obvious from the Sundeck itself, right next to the stair.   It is the slowest elevator I think I have ever been on and watch the weight limit.   It was warning us we had too much weight, when my son and I got on it at the same time.   Then again, he's a big boy.   

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 2

Thank you for that input we just upgraded our room on the summit Boston to Canada from Aqua to a sky suite . We did equinox in 2019 but it wasn’t fully refurbished and the retreat sundeck was OK but the pictures of the summit looks much more inviting. Getting up and down the stairs was a problem for me and my knee so thank you for the elevator tip now I look forward to that sundeck even more!! We enjoy Michael’s lounge for before and after drink some evenings!! And and we love Luminae !! looking forward to some amazing meals! 
Now  we’ll just have to wait a year and eight months to get back on a cruise ship !☹️ since we just canceled Vancouver Canada Sept. 2021!!