Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

There are only 5 of us following this thread, but for those of you posting I have a story for you. My 3 year old grandson climbed up into my lap a few minutes ago and we looked through a couple of pages. He was mesmerized “oooo so dark”, “ooo fire,” “look, it’s a river.”. Thanks to all for giving us a fun and learning opportunity. He says he wants to go on a ship!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, techteach said:

There are only 5 of us following this thread, but for those of you posting I have a story for you. My 3 year old grandson climbed up into my lap a few minutes ago and we looked through a couple of pages. He was mesmerized “oooo so dark”, “ooo fire,” “look, it’s a river.”. Thanks to all for giving us a fun and learning opportunity. He says he wants to go on a ship!

Not just any ship, I hope. 😀😀

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Yes well, I must confess it led to showing him the great new post of QM2 with her new paint glistening at night, and then a review of the Queens Grill Suite. “Very Big!”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, techteach said:

Yes well, I must confess it led to showing him the great new post of QM2 with her new paint glistening at night, and then a review of the Queens Grill Suite. “Very Big!”

That's the way to do it. I had a jigsaw of the first Queen Mary as a child, and it seems to have inspired a lifelong devotion to Cunard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

That's the way to do it. I had a jigsaw of the first Queen Mary as a child, and it seems to have inspired a lifelong devotion to Cunard.

There are beautiful prints of sailing ships all over our home. And, we live 1 mile from the cruise terminal in Seattle. So we see, and hear, the ships almost daily. I so wish Cunard would cruise here in addition to Victoria, B.C. One of these days I’ll get up early and take a sunrise picture of the cruise ships in port here in Seattle.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, techteach said:

There are beautiful prints of sailing ships all over our home. And, we live 1 mile from the cruise terminal in Seattle. So we see, and hear, the ships almost daily. I so wish Cunard would cruise here in addition to Victoria, B.C. One of these days I’ll get up early and take a sunrise picture of the cruise ships in port here in Seattle.

While I would be happy to see Seattle as a port call I would not be interested in a cruise embarking there.  When I cruise to Alaska I want to disembark in Alaska and spend time there.  In my many cruises to Alaska the only time I have not done that was on a Crystal Symphony trans=pacific from Tokyo to Vancouver that stopped in a couple of Alaska ports.

Roy

20 hours ago, techteach said:

20 hours ago, exlondoner said:

19 hours ago, techteach said:

I think Cunard is seriously under-represented in my photos.  I think the "Problem" is that QM2 is so big, powerful, and stable that she can just go where she wants without having to search for the good weather.

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2012 short cruise out of  Montreal on the Crystal Symphony.  On October we were scheduled to visit St. Pierre but were unable to tender in and it became a sea day.

dawn1004.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

oday's sunrise comes from a 2012 trip which was intended to be a circle out of New York, Blount's Grande Caribe through the Erie Canal to Montreal, and a return on the Crystal Symphony.  Due to Hurricane Irene causing a break in the canal, that was not quite to be.  Fortunately, the Grand Caribe was then on the Atlantic and the Grande Mariner was in the Great Lakes, and both ships were doing the canal.  My group cruised out of New York while the Grande Mariner started in Montreal and the 2 ships swapped passengers October 6, 2012 with a bus bridge and a day in Cooperstown while both ships were prepared for a new load of passengers.  This is the sun coming up before I disembarked the Grande Caribe:

surnrislk7.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Sunrise Last Night By The VZ Bridge, New York Harbor....

An evening sunrise???  Very nice photo. 

My photo today is another sunset.  It was taken on the 2011 Blount-Crystal Montreal Circle from New York to Montreal through the Erie Canal and back on the ocean.  On October 9 the sun set as we passed through the St. Lawrence Seaway approaching Montreal.

sunset9.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

7 hours ago, techteach said:

The 3 year old said, “wow, dat’s a weally big sun!”

Hi Techteach,

Thank you.....Many say I have an exceptional eye for photos.

Also at this time of year in my area, we have outstanding Sunsets in the Autumn & Fall..

Hope you continue to enjoy them.