LET'S TALK ALLURA CLASS

KatieBelle

17 hours ago, rbtan said:

You'll be able to book cruises starting in Sept. I just hope the prices don't skyrocket simply because it's a new ship.

I suspect that there will be a premium to book on that ship.  As there should be.  

16 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

I suspect that there will be a premium to book on that ship.  As there should be.  

Maybe, maybe not. You seem to forget that a percentage of us book for the itinerary not the ship. Therefore, when O is running two classes of ships to the same region at the same time, it’s hard for them to differentiate prices on R ships vs O. Probably the only way to charge a premium per diem is to put the ship on a not competing itinerary. However, some of those non competitive itineraries aren’t overly popular, and why the smaller R ships are more appropriate for them.

I don’t see O being able to charge much of a differential between an A ship and an O ship on the same itinerary. Maybe cruisers will pay more, while most travelers won’t.

4 hours ago, KS&JW said:

I would be willing to pay a little more for the new ships.  I am sure they will be great.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RJB said:

I would be willing to pay a little more for the new ships.  I am sure they will be great.

If they won’t have Jacques that would be a bad start for me - not a deal breaker but a disappointment 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

If they won’t have Jacques that would be a bad start for me - not a deal breaker but a disappointment 

Since we have no clue as to what that new French restaurant/bistro will be, or it’s menu, hard for me to make such a statement. I’ve been in numerous French restaurants far better than Jacques. Nothing detrimental to Jacques, but it’s not the be all of French restaurants. I’ll wait and see before I pass judgment. Might be wonderfully delightful.

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I’ve been in numerous French restaurants far better than Jacques

On a cruise? Which ship was it?

Let’s not compare Jacques with some fine restaurants in Paris or Lyon.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

On a cruise? Which ship was it?

Let’s not compare Jacques with some fine restaurants in Paris or Lyon.

You missed my point. I believe that Oceania has the capacity to create a new restaurant, in this case French themed, as good as, if not better than, Jacques if and when it so desires.

I likewise believe they have the same capacity in replacing the Polo Grill with a differently themed steak/chop house.

Tastes and preparation methods change. Those menus have had a long run. If one isn’t happy with any changes, the O &R ships are still there for you.

We’ll know in a couple of years  how successful any changes are.

FWIW, in 2023 I’ll be in my early 70s. I highly doubt these new ships are being designed with luring my age group in mind. New ships after the next upcoming cadre of cruisers. We always have the O ships if we want same ole same ole.

I asked my  family,  early 40s, what it would take for them to cruise, and the reply was 'Overnights. 

They want to have dinner in town, visit a pub and hang out, listen to local music. 

They're not interested in having to be back at the ship by 5.  Very late departures would also work for them.

They have cruised Alaska with Celebrity and Hawaii with POA so they're not against cruising.

Edited by cbb
  • Like 2