LET'S TALK ALLURA CLASS

KatieBelle

35 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

Yes, I got the email. Finally some word on the new Allura class ship. I am so anxious to book this and happy to know there will be some news on Marh 16. The subject of the email is NEW SHIP ANNOUNCEMENT, and in the body of the email it states: 

Great Adventures 
Are Just Over the Horizon. 

On March 16th, 
We'll Change Your View 
of the World.

Yes. We got that one, too. I just hope the prices don't jump too much simply because it's a new ship.

On 1/30/2021 at 11:54 AM, WESTEAST said:

FYI, the OC Ambassador on our February 2020 Regatta cruise, told us that the name of the first Allura class ship was to be 'Vista' . She also indicated that the new Allura ship's schedule was to be available January 2021 which of course with the COVID-10 pandemic never happened :classic_sad: Time will tell what the official name and timing will be.

I think "Vista" (or "Oceania Vista") is the correct answer. Just found that Prestige Cruise Holdings (i.e. Oceania's parent company) has already filed the trademark registration for this word.

image.thumb.png.d0c572c3ef04583a46606b5dd2ea9aa5.png

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Got the email. 

Doubt it’s sailing until mid 2023. A lot of water to pass under the bridge before then. Hope it’s put on the Australia circumnavigation for December 23! I didn’t book the Regatta for 22 so to wait and see what they do. Didn’t really want 35 days on a R ship. The new A Class is a different story.

In NCLH's recently (Feb. 26) filed 10K, the Allura class ships are on order for delivery in 2023 and 2025 so your assumption about mid 2023 looks very reasonable.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

In NCLH's recently (Feb. 26) filed 10K, the Allura class ships are on order for delivery in 2023 and 2025 so your assumption about mid 2023 looks very reasonable.

yup we got it also.  By 2023 things should be back to normal or there will be no cruise industry left. 

Just saw the teaser video from Oceania... and they probably didn't notice that the ship's name "Vista" is already shown in the video file name...

Anyway the official announcement should be on March 16th US time. This video is for Asia Pacific so the date is March 17th.

And I heard that they will open for bookings in around September 2021.

173404830_Screenshot_20210311-211156_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6e88a35c7d13a7febd425f8c979deecd.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Perhaps there will be some details about its facilities, suites, design, etc... but not the itineraries yet.

I hope so! One of the OCA on our cruise a couple years back gave several hints about some of the changes/ new features. Be interesting to see how many pan out.

• Like 1

Per Cruise Industry News:

Oceania Unveils 2023 Newbuild, Oceania Vista

March 16, 2021

Oceania Vista

Oceania Cruises has introduced its Vista, naming the first of two new 1,200-guest Allura Class ships that are being constructed by Fincantieri.

The new ship will debut in 2023 followed by a sister ship in 2025.

“Oceania Cruises is an innovative and ever-evolving brand. We are always looking over the horizon, and Vista represents our view to the future,” stated Bob Binder, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises.

According to Oceania, the ship has been named to reflect the dawn of a new age in travel; Vista will exemplify all the hallmarks of the Oceania Cruises experience that guests have come to expect.

Grand Dining Room

The company stated: "A marvel in the making, Vista will deliver The Finest Cuisine at Sea, exceptionally personalized service with two staff members for every three guests, a warm and welcoming ambiance as a result of the ship’s captivating residential furnishings, and introduce several unique firsts for the brand in the realms of dining and guest experience."

Consumers and travel advisors can expect to be "wowed by the dramatic and glamorous" public spaces such as The Grand Dining Room, which soars almost two decks in height and pays homage to the “beautiful age” of early 20th-century Parisian society through its contemporary interpretation of Belle Époque.

Vista’s nine additional culinary experiences, luxurious public spaces, and spacious, residentially inspired suites and staterooms will be revealed starting in May 2021, with her inaugural voyages opening for sale in September 2021.

Our officers and crew are always bringing great new ideas to the forefront and then implementing them. More than any other part of the Oceania Cruises organization, we owe our success to our onboard teams. They are the ones who made Vista possible, and it is a credit to them, these true visionaries of the seven seas, that we name the ship for them, in their honor,” added Binder.

Currently under construction by Fincantieri S.p.A. in Italy, Vista will sail her first commercial voyage in early 2023. The 67,000-ton ship will accommodate 1,200 guests and be staffed by 800 officers and crew.

The computer rendering of the external looks very similar (but not identical) to the existing O Class. The rendering of the Grand Dining Room is impressive. Equally impressive is the inclusion of nine restaurants. More info coming in May; bookings available in September per the above.

Here is a link to the ship's page on Oceania's website; not sure if this was posted before: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista

Edited by cdcummings
added link to Oceania website

16 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Vista teaser looks great!  Is there any way to find the itinerary?  DH and I are fully vaccinated and ready to pack our bags.

Vista’s nine additional culinary experiences, luxurious signature public spaces and spacious, residentially inspired suites and staterooms will be revealed starting in May, with inaugural voyages opening for sale in September.

3 hours ago, cdcummings said:

The computer rendering of the external looks very similar (but not identical) to the existing O Class. The rendering of the Grand Dining Room is impressive. Equally impressive is the inclusion of nine restaurants. More info coming in May; bookings available in September per the above.

Here is a link to the ship's page on Oceania's website; not sure if this was posted before: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista

Hi CD, thanks for posting this. Welcome to Cruise Critic. Do you work for Oceania or NCL? Perhaps Cruise Industry news? Haven't seen you around these parts before. 

3 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Vista’s nine additional culinary experiences, luxurious signature public spaces and spacious, residentially inspired suites and staterooms will be revealed starting in May, with inaugural voyages opening for sale in September.

I was thinking about those additional culinary experiences. 

Let's see'

1. The Terrace

2. Waves

3. Polo

4. Toscana

5. Jacques

6. La Reserve

7. Privee

8. Barristas, (I know, a stretch)

9. Maybe something new here. 

As has been commented on before by several of us, Oceania had become very lax about enforcement of its dress codes in the GDR and Specialties over the past couple of years. After seeing all the glitz and glamour shown on the video it’s hard to imagine them doing that while continuing on the more casual trend. Hopeful sign for us that they may be moving back toward a more elegant country club casual than just casual.

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Let's see'

1. The Terrace

2. Waves

3. Polo

4. Toscana

5. Jacques

6. La Reserve

7. Privee

Noticed you omitted Red Ginger.  Was that intentional, or just an oversight?

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Let's see'

1. The Terrace

2. Waves

3. Polo

4. Toscana

5. Jacques

6. La Reserve

7. Privee

As to the above list and the comments made by the OCA.

3. The ship will have a differently themed steak/chophouse. It won’t be the Polo Grill.

5.  The ship will have newly themed French restaurant/bistro. It won’t be Jacques.

8. Baristas will be significantly expanded, even more than on Riveria, and become more like a French cafe with table clothes and some food service. Maybe even inside and outside seating. Afternoon Tea will be moved from Horizons to this new location.

Horizons will have improved acoustics and redesigned to be a more “ high energy “ atmosphere, especially for Happy Hour(s).

23 minutes ago, ORV said:

Hi CD, thanks for posting this. Welcome to Cruise Critic. Do you work for Oceania or NCL? Perhaps Cruise Industry news? Haven't seen you around these parts before. 

Hi ORV, no, I don't work in in the industry; travel is merely my hobby. I am 28 and take holidays with my mother, often, though not exclusively, on Oceania. I have lurked on CC for many years and only recently made an account to ask a question in the Atlas Ocean Voyages Q&A.

5 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

As to the above list and the comments made by the OCA.

3. The ship will have a differently themed steak/chophouse. It won’t be the Polo Grill.

5.  The ship will have newly themed French restaurant/bistro. It won’t be Jacques.

8. Baristas will be significantly expanded, even more than on Riveria, and become more like a French cafe with table clothes and some food service. Maybe even inside and outside seating. Afternoon Tea will be moved from Horizons to this new location.

Horizons will have improved acoustics and redesigned to be a more “ high energy “ atmosphere, especially for Happy Hour(s).

This is interesting analysis; we love the ambiance of Polo Grill. I am hopeful that they don't eschew the traditional setting in favor of something too "modern." Do you think they will adopt the Prime 7 "brand" from Regent? Or something more exotic?

The prospect of inside/outside seating for afternoon tea is very appealing! I am hopeful they do not adopt the very heavy and dark decor of the Observation Lounge on RSSC Explorer; would prefer they go in the direction of the wintergarden similar to Viking Ocean.

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

Noticed you omitted Red Ginger.  Was that intentional, or just an oversight?

It was an oversight, there I've got my nine, or we could replace Barristas on the list, but apparently from what Pinot says we shouldn't. 

As far as scuttlebutt from OCA's, CD's, GM's etc. I don't put too much stock in what they say until it happens. Especially now that they've been shut down for a year. 

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

For whom, the younger crowd migrating from Celebrity that are in their 50's-70s? From what I've seen from many passengers on O is that they are OK with low energy, and if they heard a rock song it would scare them. Not all, but a lot of them. 

Having said that I couldn't believe the music that was being played over the canned system on deck 12 when I was on the Riviera in Dec of 19. I like rock n roll (50's-today) and much of it was a bit on the heavy side for me.