Deposits?

39august

26 minutes ago, 39august said:

I have only booked cruises while on board so I get a reduced deposit and OBC.  So what is the deposit required for a sky suite, please? And an aqua class cabin? Refundable of course. 

With my TA if they have group space the deposit is $900 refundable.  If they do not have group space the same $900 but "non refundable".

The deposit differs by length of the cruise.  I think the break is at  around 10 days, we have AQ booked for 7 night & 8 night  with $500 for each.   Our 10 N  & 11 N AQ have a $900.      Every suite except  1 the SS to RS the deposit has been $900.  The 1 and only time we booked a Suite with a CVP they said the Suite was deposit was $1000.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I just did a quick reservation for a 7 night Alaska cruise in a sky suite the deposit was $500. Last Nov I booked a 9 night cruise and the deposit was $900. I think it depends on how many nights the cruise is for. I have not seen a sky suite deposit higher than $900.

When I'm on Celebrity's website it is the cost of the cruise that changes depending on refundable vers nonrefundable.

• Like 1

Group pricing always requires full deposit so if you book onboard with a reduced deposit then transfer to a TA with a group you always have to increase the deposit to the full amount.

The deposit is $250 pp up to 8 days.  9 and higher is $450 pp.

Technically CS and higher suites are supposed to be double deposit but I find the person taking the deposit rarely knows or remembers this.  I've only been charged the 2x deposit once.

Here is the text from the invoice.

"North American bookings will require a 200% deposit of standard deposit amount for deluxe suite categories. This amount is not reflected in the total deposit requirement listed above."

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

North American bookings will require a 200% deposit of standard deposit amount for deluxe suite categories. This amount is not reflected in the total deposit requirement listed above."

Different T&C in the UK. We have always paid £150 p.p deposit.
They have ALWAYS been non refundable.

In recent years ( after many years of complaints) we have been allowed to move the deposit ONCE for free, if Elite.

Otherwise, there is an administrative charge of £75 p.p.

Hi

Our deposit was $900 per person.  We booked Royal Suites.

It was the same for the one we booked from home as well as one we booked onboard, we did not get a reduced deposit.  They were 11 or 12 nights.

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

46 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes premium suites (CS and above) don't get reduced deposit for onboard booking.   Just be thankful that they didn't charge you $1800 like they should have.

image.thumb.png.23a9b49ce8f04f6c8f068ccdd4a5da86.png

Hi

We did pay $1,800 deposits for our sailings ($900 per person).

Right now it’s a bit annoying since who knows if we will get to sail, but otherwise it doesn’t bother me since we would have to pay it all at some point anyway.

Noreen

51 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes premium suites (CS and above) don't get reduced deposit for onboard booking.   Just be thankful that they didn't charge you $1800 like they should have.

If I remember right Sky Suites are not considered Premium Suites. I just move a booked onboard Sky Suite to a TP Sky Suite for April 2023 with a $200 deposit. We have $1100 Non refundable credit from Celebrity.

22 hours ago, 39august said:

I have only booked cruises while on board so I get a reduced deposit and OBC.  So what is the deposit required for a sky suite, please? And an aqua class cabin? Refundable of course. 

Sorry - can't resist noting that "only booked cruises while on board" cannot be entirely true since you could not have booked your 1st cruise on board 🙄

Happy cruising - eventually

23 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Here's a wrinkle - booked on board in 2019 for a 4 Night cruise for May 2021 in a Celebrity Suite and it was $200 per person.... 

1 hour ago, JasYHZ said:

Here's a wrinkle - booked on board in 2019 for a 4 Night cruise for May 2021 in a Celebrity Suite and it was $200 per person.... 

Most likely the person doing your booking wasn’t familiar with the fact that the tge reduced deposit doesn’t included CS and above. 

• Like 2