Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! 30% Promo Ends Soon!

Envelope21

this  "amazing promo"  has been going on since mid-nov. i wouldnt worry about ending tonight.

also, if you've beenpaying attention, (and i'll be the st to adnit i'm anal about watching the ncl cruise prices), you would have noticed that they jacked up the prices before the 30% sale, so there is really no appreciable savings, im hoping this sale finally ends, and uou'll see the cabin prices are much more reasonable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

And.....it's extended for 5 more days🤨

much to no one's surprise.  we have a cruise booked this july, and oct 2022, and the fares were cheaper before this fantastic sale. while we get certain perks for sailing with ncl, i dont like the way they do business

in addition to this wondrous 30% off sale, if you are a latitudes member, and check the offer of the month, you will also notice that the extra point per night has been going on as long as this sale, mid-nov.  you would think ncl could offer something different after 3 months.

but bless ncl, as ive ofetn quoted in these threads, "ncl dont give away ice cubes in winter"

p.s. please forgive the sarcasm, its part of me

On 1/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, shof515 said:

its not really 30% off. they raised the prices by 30% and then reduce it by 30% giving you the illusion it is a cruise deal

On 1/23/2021 at 3:12 AM, BirdTravels said:

Do you have some substantiation for this claim?

On 1/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, HuliHuli said:

I do.  A cruise I booked before the 30% off craze started is now about 40% higher base price, which after the "discount" is still higher than the price I locked-in some time ago. 

On 1/23/2021 at 7:02 PM, ray98 said:

Which doesn't hold water because there no 'set price' for a cruise.  It is not a can of beans that is priced $.99 year round.  It will fluctuate at times daily based on supply and demand.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, HuliHuli said:

I don't think I said there was a set price; where did you dream that up?.  I simply stated the facts regarded 'relative' pricing at two points in time.  Facts are facts.

On 1/24/2021 at 3:51 AM, ray98 said:

....and the point is the price is influence by numerous things between those "two points in time".  

And one of those "things" very well could be NCL's decision to offer the 30% sale.  But the bottom line is, the price for cruises now is at least 30% higher than before the sale and that's OK because as your said numerous things influence the price and prices fluctuate all the time.  

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

And one of those "things" very well could be NCL's decision to offer the 30% sale.  But the bottom line is, the price for cruises now is at least 30% higher than before the sale and that's OK because as your said numerous things influence the price and prices fluctuate all the time.  

regardless, dont you think there is something inherently wrong with jacking up a price, then claiming there is a great sale, and the prices are still higher than before the 30% off.

i'm sorry, but I still think it's a lousy way to do business at best, and a complete fraud on the public at the very worst.

my wife even nags at me for watching t he ncl prices as often as I do, and i am anal about them since i tend to book a haven if possible.  the prices have skyrocketed since the 30% sale went into effect and are much higher than what we've paid.

last year i posted a question "is this really a sale" the same alleged 30%

people that follow the prices know what i'm talking about. the only thing that influences these so called sales, is the greed of ncl.

i understand if they want to raise prices, and for the last year their bottom line has been decimated, but at least own up to the fact they need the money, not dump some b.s.  sale on the public

2 minutes ago, complawyer said:

regardless, dont you think there is something inherently wrong with jacking up a price, then claiming there is a great sale, and the prices are still higher than before the 30% off.

i'm sorry, but I still think it's a lousy way to do business at best, and a complete fraud on the public at the very worst.

my wife even nags at me for watching t he ncl prices as often as I do, and i am anal about them since i tend to book a haven if possible.  the prices have skyrocketed since the 30% sale went into effect and are much higher than what we've paid.

people that follow the prices know what i'm talking about. the only thing that influences these so called sales, is the greed of ncl.

i understand if they want to raise prices, and for the last year their bottom line has been decimated, but at least own up to the fact they need the money, not dump some b.s.  sale on the public

These sales are nothing new.  They have been going on forever and not just with NCL but other cruise lines.  Heck, there are many industries that use "creative" marketing and advertising on a daily basis.

Caveat Emptor.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, complawyer said:

I absolutely think there is something wrong with it - I don't like it one bit.   

I don't even look at the NCL e-mail anymore because I know it's all BS. 

NCL's disclaimer at the bottom of the "PICK YOUR STATEROOM TYPE" page (pasted below) makes it clear that the base price doesn't mean much with regard to an actual "30%" discount off current prices.

As in buying cars, bottom line is all that matters: all the dealer ins-and-outs above the line don't mean much to me. 

Since the start of the current promotion, the '30% discount' price for a cruise I was watching has increased nearly 25% (same category), which is to be expected based on their disclaimer: the base price  keeps changing "....based on many factors...."  

Original rate prices quoted are offering prices and may not have resulted in, and savings shown from original prices may not be based on, actual sales. From time to time, we may use original to mean the price offered during a previous seasonal time period, and therefore such prices may not have been in effect during the past 90 days. Quoted cruise prices are subject to promotions, discounts, and sales based on many factors including but not limited to seasonality, timing, range or mix of offers at a particular time, demand, availability, and capacity management.

Speaking of percents-off discounts, this came up in one of the other threads I'm on, and I was wondering if anyone on here knows the answer:

So, if NCL cancels one of my cruises, their practice has been to offer me 10% off a future cruise. Question: If NCL cancels another one of my cruises, can I "stack" the second 10%-off discount on top of my first discount for 20% off a future cruise? #askingforafriend

1 hour ago, alikaalex said:

Speaking of percents-off discounts, this came up in one of the other threads I'm on, and I was wondering if anyone on here knows the answer:

So, if NCL cancels one of my cruises, their practice has been to offer me 10% off a future cruise. Question: If NCL cancels another one of my cruises, can I "stack" the second 10%-off discount on top of my first discount for 20% off a future cruise? #askingforafriend

No.  I spent quite a bit of time on an online chat and couldn't even get person to understand that I should have 2 certificates because I had 2 cruises cancelled.  And I wasn't trying to stack them but I think that is what she thought I was trying to do.

5 hours ago, alikaalex said:

No you can't. Each new booking can only apply one 10% off coupon, no matter how many 10% off coupons you have received in the previous cancellations.

• Thanks 1

not to mention, labor day sale, fall extravaganza sale, halloween special, thanksgiving, and christmas deluxe sale,

'it seems that this "amazing sale" will never, ever go away, and if not, will we ever see normal, reasonable pricing again.

what i'd like to see, is some type of change to the latitudes insider specials, the 1 extra point has been going on as long as this 30day sale.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:12 AM, BirdTravels said:

Do you have some substantiation for this claim?

Anecdotal.  I have booked the same  cruise three times now in three different years.  Magically, the second booking is within a few hundred dollars of the first cruise plus 25% FCC for the cancellation.  Magically, the third booking year is within a few hundred dollars of the second cruise plus FCC for the two cancellations.  Plus in year three, two days are cut off the itinerary and its a smaller ship. 

The "Free" excursion line item is really false.  It is $50 credit per room per port.  $25 per person for a room with 2 will not cover any excursion and for most will be a drop in the bucket.  I am not complaining, just saying it is totally false. 

3 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

The "Free" excursion line item is really false.  It is $50 credit per room per port.  $25 per person for a room with 2 will not cover any excursion and for most will be a drop in the bucket.  I am not complaining, just saying it is totally false. 

The "free kids" is also not entirely true, since it's only on some sailings...most folks who travel with with kids travel during peak holiday times and I'm yet to find any of those with "free kids:. Also, not complaining, just saying....

FWIW I don't find the pricing too horrendous compared to Princess/Celebrity/RCI sailings I have also been pricing out IF I were to sail in a non-Haven. Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to do that and Haven pricing is off the charts right now. Sigh. First World problems...

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, HuliHuli said:

If you tracked the pricing of cruises closely, you wouldn't have had to ask.

The person who called you out is an NCL shill that does so when anyone here questions one of NCL's dubious practices.

• 2 weeks later...

After a long stint on Cranival, just before COVID we booked again on NCL so I’ve been paying more attention to their marketing. Wow. They are always on sale, yet more expensive. I must get more mail from NCL (not email, actual paid printed mail) than my high school daughter gets from all colleges combined. I get emails consistently reminding me to use my cruise credit (I’ve already done so, am booked for 12/26 can the system not actually tell that?) - I’d love an inside look at their ROI on some of those efforts!

I’ve been monitoring prices lately with the constant bombardment of emails as well. Atleast after reading this I’m not alone in thinking prices are more expensive. For what I quoted its more than any cruise we’ve ever taken. We have to book soon though as our cruisenext cert will expire.