Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! 30% Promo Ends Soon!

Envelope21

2 hours ago, catinhat said:

Prices went up since I checked on a cruise a couple of weeks ago.   When to click the button..........

I often put cruises on courtesy hold (they usually stay on the books way longer than the stated due date) if I see something I like.  If I decide to book, I use a cruise next certificate so no new money.  Sadly, I have a number of certificates to play with, since I had planned several 2020 cruises.

If prices go down, I can always rebook.  All of my current bookings include airfare since that is a big variable at this time.

People get so mad at marketing.  Look at the final price, if it is worth it to you then book and if it isn't move on.

Arguing about how much of a discount something is, free isn't really free and all the other absurd complaints are pointless when dealing with a product that is based of supply and demand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Do you have some substantiation for this claim?

I do.  A cruise I booked before the 30% off craze started is now about 40% higher base price, which after the "discount" is still higher than the price I locked-in some time ago.  If you tracked the pricing of cruises closely, you wouldn't have had to ask.

I keep an eye on a caribbean cruise for more than a year now. during all the promos and deals that NCL offered the final price i have to pay was almost the same all the time(sometimes 200 Euros lower,sometimes 200 Euros higher). So meanwhile i onbly check the final price and if it sounds Ok for me then i make the booking.

But living in germany i do have the very big advantage(in this case) that we don`t have the chance to rebook at a cheaper price, get some extra perks worth the difference or anything like that. If we book then everything is fixed. Of course i can cancel and rebook but during normal times there is a fee of roughly 20% of the cruise fare when cancelling no matter how long in advance. SO for us germans(and most other europeans) it does not make sense to recheck the current price for the cruise we booked cause we have no chance to benefit from any price reduction afterwards.

13 hours ago, alikaalex said:

Am I crazy or did the "30% off" deal remain while the kids sail free offer was ceased?

I thought it was just me, but I noticed this too! I've been watching a few the last couple of months and they all had the "free" kids symbol. Now that seems to have disappeared, not only on the ones I've been watching, but on all sailings - yet it is still listed as one of the perks on the current promo. So, I did a mock booking and, even though it no longer shows as being available....it does still apply as $0 for guest 3 and 4. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

I do.  A cruise I booked before the 30% off craze started is now about 40% higher base price, which after the "discount" is still higher than the price I locked-in some time ago.  If you tracked the pricing of cruises closely, you wouldn't have had to ask.

Which doesn't hold water because there no 'set price' for a cruise.  It is not a can of beans that is priced $.99 year round.  It will fluctuate at times daily based on supply and demand.

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you are wondering what promo is next...here it is (lol)

Norwegian's Super Sale

February 1, 2021 - February 11, 2021

Current Promotions

Norwegian's Super Sale
February 1, 2021 - February 11, 2021

Partners First Facebook

19018_Wave_Promotion_Campaign_Domestic_Pulse_6_Layout.jpg

LOL right! Give me a NEW sale! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ray98 said:

Which doesn't hold water because there no 'set price' for a cruise.  It is not a can of beans that is priced $.99 year round.  It will fluctuate at times daily based on supply and demand.

I don't think I said there was a set price; where did you dream that up?.  I simply stated the facts regarded 'relative' pricing at two points in time.  Facts are facts.

5 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

I don't think I said there was a set price; where did you dream that up?.  I simply stated the facts regarded 'relative' pricing at two points in time.  Facts are facts.

.....and the point is the price is influence by numerous things between those "two points in time".  

1 hour ago, WhoDatNan said:

I booked my first NCL cruise with this discount/5 freebie thing last week.  Should my reservation on the NCL site say something about the 5 freebies?  It only shows the amount paid.

After you log in, click on the tab that says Summary. It should show you your itinerary and then when you scroll past that, it should show you your perks.

• Like 1