why cant i book the radiance for nov 21' sailings out of florida

We have a cruise scheduled for nov 12th 2021  on the radiance. W have friends who want to join us, but we cant find this sailing available on any website.. This cruise for us used to be on the explorer, but rccl in their infinite wisdom switched the ships and itineraries so that we would now miss the abc's...Their only comment was that the cruise was similar...I did not even know about the change from rccl and had to find about the switch here on cruise critic...I know that we have a few TA's that surf these waters and anyone that has an idea if this cruise is actually happening, please help me out...If the sailing is not being marketed by rccl, i am wondering what is going on ....thanks so much for any help....stay safe all.

31 minutes ago, retired dude said:

We have a cruise scheduled for nov 12th 2021  on the radiance. W have friends who want to join us, but we cant find this sailing available on any website.. This cruise for us used to be on the explorer, but rccl in their infinite wisdom switched the ships and itineraries so that we would now miss the abc's...Their only comment was that the cruise was similar...I did not even know about the change from rccl and had to find about the switch here on cruise critic...I know that we have a few TA's that surf these waters and anyone that has an idea if this cruise is actually happening, please help me out...If the sailing is not being marketed by rccl, i am wondering what is going on ....thanks so much for any help....stay safe all.

It is completely gone from the TA website which is odd.  Usually they just close the categories.  It’s after Nov 1 so the length isn’t an issue. Even cruises that have been chartered still show up on the site but categories are closed. 

I highly doubt that even calling will get you a correct answer.  I would just keep watching. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

thank you for the responses, i thought that they might have closed the sailing for some time to switch folks from their cabins that were originally on the explorer to the radiance. They did give us a cabin on the same floor and category on the radiance, but that was three months ago and it would not take that long to switch cabins...I am perplexed and after sailing with rccl for over 20 years, i am not sure that i still have that warm fuzzy feeling about them right now...I know that times are tough, but as a customer one expects a little better customer service than is currently offered...thanks again

My May 5th Serenade Honolulu to Vancouver 11 night cruise has been off the website for weeks.  Was the one coming back up from Sydney, of which were all cancelled through spring.  Of course I know that won't go...but RCI not announcing it is cancelled...which means....

Yeah, insult to injury...got an email reminder to pay my final payment on 2/5.  😡  

I will be cancelling on final payment day, taking $900 deposit as FCC...though it isn't what I want...I want full cash refund of deposit.  Which of course I cannot get when RCI refuses to cancel it officially.  Announcement from them will probably happen the next day, I am sure.   🤬

December 10/21 is showing up available for 9 night southern caribbean abc island.  The rest are all mostly 5 days with exception of 9 days Nov. 26 but not the abc islands.  

Edited by leyla

We have a Freedom 9 nighter Canada/NE Oct 14, 2021 that's been off the website since late Oct/early Nov. However I'm weekly getting cruise planner sales for this cruise.

I have doubts that it will actually sail with Canada restrictions and am assuming at some point it will be cancelled.

If RCI decides to just change itinerary/length will I have the option to receive my NRD back as cash or transfer the deposit to another booked cruise? 

I'm actually hoping they just cancel before final due date at this point that will make it easier especially if they offer the 125% or are they even doing that any longer?

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

If RCI decides to just change itinerary/length will I have the option to receive my NRD back as cash or transfer the deposit to another booked cruise? 

Unknown.  You will have the option to get a 100% FCC but beyond that it is unknown and hard to even guess as this situation has not come up....yet.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unknown.  You will have the option to get a 100% FCC but beyond that it is unknown and hard to even guess as this situation has not come up....yet.

Thanks..I have a feeling this situation will be coming up and will be interested how it'll be handled.

2 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Perhaps the ship already has greater that 50% capacity booked, and they are not sure if they will be able to sail at greater than 50% by November

Eddie

thanks this is one of the few answers to my question that was actually pertinent to the question that i asked. With us being from cincy, i should have known that your response would be spot on. thanks b&b in florida

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks..I have a feeling this situation will be coming up and will be interested how it'll be handled.

I am also wondering about the summer 8-night Independence cruises to Aruba. They have been off the website for several weeks. I wouldn’t mind a 7-night cruise if the cruise price gets pro rated. However, my husband was ok with this itinerary because he wants to go back to Aruba, so would like Aruba to stay as part of the itinerary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, retired dude said:

thanks this is one of the few answers to my question that was actually pertinent to the question that i asked. With us being from cincy, i should have known that your response would be spot on. thanks b&b in florida

Unfortunately that response wasn’t spot on. 

Royal hasn’t stopped sales of any cruises due to 50% occupancy as we have no idea what if any restrictions will be on occupancy especially in November after even existing CDC orders have expired.   Royal will continue to take deposits from as many people as they can without regard to any hypothetical occupancy requirements and then if they do gave to refund people the6 will take their time in doing so.  

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately that response wasn’t spot on. 

Royal hasn’t stopped sales of any cruises due to 50% occupancy as we have no idea what if any restrictions will be on occupancy especially in November after even existing CDC orders have expired.   Royal will continue to take deposits from as many people as they can without regard to any hypothetical occupancy requirements and then if they do gave to refund people the6 will take their time in doing so.  

my apology to you, i was referring to the other responders, not you, but i get tired of posting questions on this site and getting answers that have nothing to do with the posting....once again my apology. I was a TA back in the stone ages and am not one that is usually rude, but this was an exception. 

12 minutes ago, retired dude said:

my apology to you, i was referring to the other responders, not you, but i get tired of posting questions on this site and getting answers that have nothing to do with the posting....once again my apology. I was a TA back in the stone ages and am not one that is usually rude, but this was an exception. 

I didn’t take any offence to your post and no apologies are necessary.  Mine was only referring back to the person that suggested that it was because the ship had possibly reached the 50% occupancy level.

just give this thread time and people will be posting about how long it’s taking to get their vaccine.😂

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I didn’t take any offence to your post and no apologies are necessary.  Mine was only referring back to the person that suggested that it was because the ship had possibly reached the 50% occupancy level.

just give this thread time and people will be posting about how long it’s taking to get their vaccine.😂

No offense taken by me either, as this medium is a mostly friendly exchanging of ideas and thoughts over the internet amongst friends.  (Of course, some  responses are an exchanging of ideas and thoughts over the internet).  I tend to believe the former, not the latter, as I live in the land of love....known as Loveland.

My response started with the reservation .....Perhaps.... because I thought it could be a legit reason.  To be honest, I did not know they accepted higher numbers of bookings over the general belief initial sailing will have a passenger cap. 

As a matter of fact, if RCL is routinely accepting greater than 50% occupancy for bookings, I think they are setting themselves up for tremendous backlash from presently loyal patrons when the rubber hits the road (or should I say when the CDC anchor weighs).  What a mess that could be, albeit, self inflicted.  Heck I have seen airline patrons nearly wanting to fight service reps because they get bumped, and that is generally a person or two on a couple of flights.  If they have hundreds of bumped on each and every sailing.....might get more than a little backlash.

Eddie

PS....speaking of vaccines......just a joke......sorry

• Like 1

sent this question to my TA who works out of one of the top five in the country and after five days, still no reply on whether the sailing is a go or what.......All i got back was that i had been reassigned another cabin on the radiance and that in another couple of weeks i would get written comfirmation with the new itinerary and updated OBC amounts.....but no reassurance that the cruise was actually still a go or why cabins on that sailing are not on the market......i guess that patience is a virtue, and i have to think that rccl is hoping that .........be safe everyone.

just got the answer to my ? on this cruise.......The cruise is sold out!!!!! Took awhile for the answer from rccl and my TA, but the info just got here...I presume that going from the explorer to the radiance and and having 600 less passengers, i guess that i understand......Anyway, thanks again for your info ...

2 hours ago, retired dude said:

just got the answer to my ? on this cruise.......The cruise is sold out!!!!! Took awhile for the answer from rccl and my TA, but the info just got here...I presume that going from the explorer to the radiance and and having 600 less passengers, i guess that i understand......Anyway, thanks again for your info ...

I know that is the answer that you received however I have heard many different answers from many different reps at Royal that will tell you or your TA anything that they think makes sense as they know that you don't know.

I have seen many sold out cruises on Royals TA website but I have never seen one that has been completely removed and not visable.  I can also tell you that none of the cruises around it including the other 9 day one are anywhere near being sold out.

Again, be patient and wait for the real truth.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I have no idea when I'll be getting vaccinated. 😞