Table for 2?

glutenhab

1 hour ago, glutenhab said:

Is it possible to request a table for two for the assigned dinner sitting when staying in a balcony cabin on QE2?

This would be on the 118 day sailing on Jan 3/2022.

Indeed, you can request any size of table and your choice of first or second dinner sitting at the time of booking - or even later.  I have always got the size of table requested, whether it be a table for two or larger.

9 hours ago, glutenhab said:

Is it possible to request a table for two for the assigned dinner sitting when staying in a balcony cabin on QE2?

This would be on the 118 day sailing on Jan 3/2022.

No problem, request on booking and check it has been inserted by accessing your CP (booking).

I hope you mean QE and not QE2. You can request a table for 2 when booking but it is never guaranteed or confirmed and you wont know until you get onboard and your table assignment will be on a card in your stateroom. Then go down to restaurant to see where table is situated and if not see if you can change it but again that is not always guaranteed.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I hope you mean QE and not QE2. You can request a table for 2 when booking but it is never guaranteed or confirmed and you wont know until you get onboard and your table assignment will be on a card in your stateroom. Then go down to restaurant to see where table is situated and if not see if you can change it but again that is not always guaranteed.

Sorry, this would be Queen Mary 2. Hope that all the previous replies (thanks all) still apply & that we will be able to avail of a table for 2 whenever we wish to do so.

2 hours ago, glutenhab said:

Sorry, this would be Queen Mary 2. Hope that all the previous replies (thanks all) still apply & that we will be able to avail of a table for 2 whenever we wish to do so.

Doesnt matter what Cunard ship the system is the same in Britannia restaurant and whichever sitting you are assigned early or late and size of table will be the same for every night of the cruise.

4 minutes ago, glutenhab said:

Thanks. 2 more questions:

1) Are exercise classes (Spin/Body Flow etc.) and/or specialty coffees (Latte/Espresso etc.) included?

2) How does Cunard compare to Holland America?

Don't know about exercise classes 

Specialty coffees in Sir Samual's are extra cost. I recall Mrs Bear ordering after dinner Latte in Britannia at no extra charge.

6 hours ago, glutenhab said:

Thanks. 2 more questions:

1) Are exercise classes (Spin/Body Flow etc.) and/or specialty coffees (Latte/Espresso etc.) included?

2) How does Cunard compare to Holland America?

I was on the QE last year and excercise classes were not included - the gym was free though. Coffees were free after dinner - ordered in the MDR - but otherwise you had to pay - about US$4 from memory 

For us Cunard is better than HAL because it has more ballroom dancing opportunities.   

We have never had trouble asking for a table for 2 all the time we are sailing on Cunard.

Yes, agree that the tables are close to other tables for 2 most of the times and some are against windows also.

As mentioned, if you are not happy with the assignment given, you can ask the Captain of the Dining Room to assist in finding an available table. There seems to be tables changes during the first two days of a cruise with other passengers requesting another table assignment also.

17 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Absolutely. And in what I would personally consider dreadful positions...

QM2 Britannia Dec 2016.jpg

Just shows how different we all are, that would be our ideal, we had a similar one in the Princess Grill on  QE. With 4 children and 9 grandchilden, we like a bit of 'me time'

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adammara said:

Just shows how different we all are, that would be our ideal, we had a similar one in the Princess Grill on  QE. With 4 children and 9 grandchilden, we like a bit of 'me time'

I'm truly amazed. Sat against a wall on a main restaurant thoroughfare. 

My worst nightmare. 😇