water activities insurance

kevboy

Hi can anyone tell me roughly how much insurance companies charge to cover for activities on holiday? Is it worth paying it or forsaking any water sports activities whilst on holiday.?  Am particularly interested in Caribbean water sport activity.  thank you

Just now, kevboy said:

Hi can anyone tell me roughly how much insurance companies charge to cover for activities on holiday? Is it worth paying it or forsaking any water sports activities whilst on holiday.?  Am particularly interested in Caribbean water sport activity.  thank you

Sorry, with your previous cruising experience, you must no the answer?

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

Not if he has never done the water sports before. I’m sure he wouldn’t ask if he knew the answer. 

Yes if he/she has had insurance before, He/she has sailed sailed on all P&O all Cunard and some of Princess.

20 cruises in all, so yes he should!

Just now, mercury7289 said:

Yes if he/she has had insurance before, He/she has sailed sailed on all P&O all Cunard and some of Princess.

20 cruises in all, so yes he should!

Insurance for water sport activities! Read the question! If he has never done water sports before he wouldn’t have read the small print for water sport insurance. 

No need to be so rude to him, he’s entitled to ask a question that he doesn’t know the answer too. 

• Like 3

Just now, joeecco said:

Insurance for water sport activities! Read the question! If he has never done water sports before he wouldn’t have read the small print for water sport insurance. 

No need to be so rude to him, he’s entitled to ask a question that he doesn’t know the answer too. 

Most defiantly not being rude, just stating the obvious! 

Thank you for your replies. Particularly grateful to Joeecco for being so chivalrous on my behalf. I am a pensioner in my eighties and have never taken out water activity cover before because I didnt need it. I was past swimming when I started cruising. I ask because I am taking my whole family on a cruise and my grandchildren might need to be covered.  And to Mercury 7289 you were being rude and most definately not stating the obvious. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, kevboy said:

Thank you for your replies. Particularly grateful to Joeecco for being so chivalrous on my behalf. I am a pensioner in my eighties and have never taken out water activity cover before because I didnt need it. I was past swimming when I started cruising. I ask because I am taking my whole family on a cruise and my grandchildren might need to be covered.  And to Mercury 7289 you were being rude and most definately not stating the obvious. 

Don't take it personally. He's rude to everyone. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kevboy said:

You’re most welcome. I knew exactly what you meant, and so did everyone else who actually read your entire post I’m sure. 
I’ll be interested to hear what the insurance companies say to you regarding this. We have never done water sports as of yet. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joeecco said:

You’re most welcome. I knew exactly what you meant, and so did everyone else who actually read your entire post I’m sure. 
I’ll be interested to hear what the insurance companies say to you regarding this. We have never done water sports as of yet. 

48 minutes ago, kevboy said:

Sorry, In house twaddle gets worse. Shame really, representatives of a multi million pound company.

I think you need to look at each policy offered in detail. IMHO, most cover you for "standard" activities like swimming, pedalos,  charted sailing cruise etc. Where you need to be vigilant is if your grand children want to go jet skiing, scuba diving etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I think you're being accused of being a P&O insider. He seems to go down this route with anyone who's remotely helpful or positive. It's very odd! 

Oh wow 😂 If I was a P&O insider I wouldn’t be wasting my breath replying to him, I’d be finding ways to disrupt his next holiday instead 😂😅🤣 

P.S I work on the railway, our passengers are hard enough.. let alone the expectations of these cruise passengers. I don’t know how the P&O staff deal with it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

Sorry, In house twaddle gets worse. Shame really, representatives of a multi million pound company.

Do you really think staff at P&O have enough time to sit on CC strolling through to respond to trolls? 
They’ve got enough on their plate already! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Oh wow 😂 If I was a P&O insider I wouldn’t be wasting my breath replying to him, I’d be finding ways to disrupt his next holiday instead 😂😅🤣 

P.S I work on the railway, our passengers are hard enough.. let alone the expectations of these cruise passengers. I don’t know how the P&O staff deal with it!

The Ole Lady worked for the railway for years, some of our friends still do.  I know what you mean.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zombatar said:

Travel insurance policies just get weirder.  Just renewed ours with our bank and looking at it to see what we are covered for I see that we cannot do Zip lining but we are covered for Bungee jumping!!

Peter and Jenny

Devil is always in the detail, I think the OP needs to talk to the family research tours and decide what cover they think they need before discussing it with their insurance company. Everyone thinks they have great insurance till they need to make a claim.

• Like 1

Never gave it a thought when we jet skied in the Caribbean. We obviously had to sign a waiver and sit through a 20 minute safety video. Then we were off a full pelt sticking to the leader's hand signals of course! Getting airborne at every possible opportunity.  

31 minutes ago, Zombatar said:

Travel insurance policies just get weirder.  Just renewed ours with our bank and looking at it to see what we are covered for I see that we cannot do Zip lining but we are covered for Bungee jumping!!

Peter and Jenny

I would seriously consider changing my insurance company if it thought that bunjee jumping was safer than zip lining. I might be tempted to zip line, but there is no way I would ever consider bunjee jumping.