Laundry on Explorer and Splendor

11 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

The reason everyone will get laundry service is because the launderettes will be closed. 

Do you know this for sure?  This may only be a short term closure due to covid.

Edited by mrlevin

I believe in the past they offered free laundry to all on specific cruises but not on all cruises. With Covid they went to providing free laundry to all as they were going to close the laundrettes. I suspect and agree with BC that if and when the laundries re-open the free laundry for all will stop. Regent gave those of us that received free laundry as part of our Seven Seas loyalty program received a small OBC to compensate for the benefit being extended to everyone. 

• Like 1

The "Free" laundry carrot was the grist for many a pre-COVID mill (and CC Thread).  Upon reaching the Gold level of patronage (75 nights), it was one laundry bag "free" per suite , per seven-night voyage segment.  Then, upon reaching Platinum (200 nights) level, "free" unlimited valet laundry service; plus unlimited garment pressing.  Yes, it was nice to qualify.  No need to overstuff a laundry bag.  The common joke was reaching Platinum required expending literally hundreds of thousands of dollars in the process.  Kind-of expensive laundry.  

As noted above--that free laundry carrot was dangled out to all on specific itineraries regardless of patronage (or suite) level(s).  

For what it is worth--we found laundry rooms on all ships were well-maintained.  Seldom a wait time to load a washer or dryer.  Often, a convenient social venue for chit-chat while pressing a garment.  That particular aspect was, no doubt, the main reason for deciding to close all as social distancing would be tough to maintain in this COVID era.  

It is all now so-simple.  For those still desiring to wash-out certain items in-suite, there should remain that retractable laundry line above the bathtub (should your particular suite have a tub).  

GOARMY!

ronrick1943:

As usual, you have taken me "off the hook" when I digress and opine on something with less than 95% accuracy.   

Thank you.  Frankly, could not remember that laundry line in a suite with only a bathroom shower.  

Hopefully-hopefully:  will have an opportunity to confirm existence of that device aboard Mariner in late October at Barcelona.  Utilized the two-suite upgrade offer to secure a Penthouse with shower only. 

Let us hope.  

GOARMY!

@GOARMY, I did not mean to criticize or put you "on the hook" at all.  I was merely seeking information.  Actually, the clothes line was something I had been wondering about anyway, so I am thankful that you brought the subject up and for the ensuing discussion.  I enjoy your posts very much.