Danube water levels 2021 and similar topics - plus tips and info

notamermaid

On 12/2/2021 at 2:16 PM, steamboats said:

an´t say for sure on Sunday as we flew to London and did not return until yesterday afternoon (QM2´s first cruise).

Oh, lovely. I hope you had a good time.

That bomb in Munich was quite a sensation. I reckon there will be an investigation why it was not found by ground testing before they started work on the construction site? It sounds to me as if they were lucky in the area that the damage and injuries were not more extensive.

Pfelling gauge has risen to 353cm!

notamermaid

The damage is estimated up to 5 million Euro as a big drill machine was damaged. They were lucky because this happened shortly past noon and most of the workers of the construction site were off for lunch. Yes, there is an investigation.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

The damage is estimated up to 5 million Euro as a big drill machine was damaged. They were lucky because this happened shortly past noon and most of the workers of the construction site were off for lunch. Yes, there is an investigation.

steamboats

Gives me goose pimples. I had looked at the news before the damage was assessed, i.e. within the first hours after the incident. That is a lot of money - and a big machine.

notamermaid

• 2 weeks later...

Let us have a last look this year at the water level at Pfelling in the 31-day graph:

image.png.b0206c6da1b9581ade492210890d61dc.png

The river struggled from around the 18th right till the end of November (below the RNW line is not good), but then saw a steep rise. Now the figures look good enough to get the last sailing river cruise ships through the bottle neck hopefully till the end of the season.

notamermaid

• 1 month later...