The Daily for Monday Feb 8, 2021

richwmn

today is Boy Scout Day, Clean out Your Computer Day, and National Football Hangover Day

Every successful person has had failures but repeated failure is no guarantee of eventual success.

Meal suggestion for today - Beef 'n' Biscuit Bake

Drink of the Day - Bourbon Pumpkin smash

Wine of the day - Navarro 2019 Late Harvest Gewurztraminer (Anderson Valley) Mendocino County vintage

at Sea English Channel
Eurodam destination Southampton eta 3/2

at Sea Pacific
Koningsdam
Nieuw Amsterdam destination San Ignacio Anchorage
Noordam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam destination La Paz MX eta 2/11

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam

Torquay
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

0208USA.thumb.png.1f43ad9ea77ebc132d6c68624a8acb94.png

0208Tor.thumb.png.cbda3f77cbdb8a3691e0cc4870e67e35.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily.

A good day to clean up your computer.  I think a lot of people will have a football hangover.

Thanks to the Boy Scouts of the world.

The meal sounds good, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll pass on the drink of the day, but look forward to reading about the wine.

Congrats to the Bucs!

Sending prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 18

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  Our local Scouts (both boys and girls now) are preparing for their annual food drive.  Lots of Superbowl hangovers and I hope not too many Superbowl spreader events.  I try to clean out my computer but it's a constant struggle.  I love the quote; not so sure of the meal.  My alternative is Beef and Vegetable Soup, Gourmet Greens, and Perfectly Grilled Breast of Chicken as served on MS Zaandam February 8, 2012.  That day we visited Lam Chabang (Bangkok), Thailand.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

My brother

RIP George Schultz

Super Bowl parties as spreader events

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Congratulations Buccaneers

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

KC guard in absentia Lucent Duvernay-Tardif

Hearing from DeeniEncinitas while on Vaccination duty

8 years on Cruise Critic for Vict0riann

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Clean out your computer day....I put photo's on my ipad into the cloud and now can't find them. 🙁  Football Hangover Day.....yea Bucs.  Great game.  No boy scouts in our family.  The meal sound good, I love anything with biscuits.  Interesting quote.

DH had a severe reaction to jab #2.  Fever of 102, chills, body aches.  Lasted 24 hrs. and he's fine this morning.  I only had a sore arm where the shot was given.

Prayers and shout outs to our lists.  Virtual hugs to all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Bourbon Pumpkin Smash:

Ingredients. 1 oz pumpkin spice syrup. 2 oz bourbon. 1/4 oz lemon juice. 4 oz soda water. Lemon wedges.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 7.11.00 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Cheers for the Boy Scouts.  Hope not too many people are suffering from a football hangover 🤞 

Rather than celebrate clean out your computer day, I’m afraid we’re going to be busy with clean out the snow day here.  We got buried and there’s more to come 😢 it’s going to take a while to shovel the path for the dogs.

These pics are from 6 years ago to the day.  Seems the 8th is a good day for us to get buried 😉 

81E57BC0-DBA3-4A5A-B58E-EFB7FA64F767.jpeg.05631f335171eab9205ba523836dec7b.jpeg

A7EC6470-521F-4A5A-9FC9-B7BB04901015.jpeg.f4623ad092e791d732f35efbf70bc969.jpeg

I just love that quote.  

Congrats to Tom Brady and his team and to Sarah Thomas.  

7F02842E-06B7-4C67-8028-3DB48FF0FE65.thumb.jpeg.3e966ac616fee184569b8a22bfeaa047.jpeg

@summer slopesorry to hear about your DH’s reaction to the shot.  Glad he has recovered 👍 

That meal suggestion sounds good for such a snowy day.  Luckily I have left over beef so I may try it.

I shouldn’t complain about the snow.  At least we didn’t get lizards too!

C9A5C2A1-EB2F-4063-A010-697BB63B249E.thumb.jpeg.23d41898349ff998d902ccb88c987f94.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Monday everyone.  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 28

Good morning all.  For some reason I slept late today.  Enjoyed watching the Super Bowl last not even though we don’t root for either team.  I found it a nice distraction.

I was a Boy Scout many years ago and have fond memories of camping and such.

• Like 17

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! What a combo of days! Way to go TB!

Roy, you for keeping or lists! @summer slope, glad DH is doing better. He had the same reaction that my neighbor down the street had. Only his reaction lasted two days. He has several health issues, so that might be part of the reason for his reaction. 

Morning Dailyites. Great to see my Sisters posting. Interesting quote. Not sure about the drink, but I would at least taste it. The meal sounds good, but no beef in the house. @kazuthank you for the lizzard warning.😎

A busy day for me. Sutures come out and hopefully an “all clear”. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. 
Stay well everyone!

Sweet wine lovers this excellently rated Mendocino wine might be one you would enjoy. A bit pricey - I found a couple of online distributors with prices starting at .$49.00. 

Wine Enthusiast

This gorgeously sweet wine is well balanced enough to serve before or during a meal as well as with dessert. It offers wonderful rose-petal and grapefruit flavors, a rich texture and a touch of brisk acidity to counter the sweetness. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25

Today's sunrise is another case of the sun struggling to emerge from cloudy skies.  This was February 8, 2018 from my 2018 Crystal 2-ship World Cruise with the Crystal Serenity being waved off a call at Yasawa-I-Rara, Fiji:

dawn0208.jpg

Roy

• Like 24

Good morning DAILITES.  Rich.  Thanks for the Fleet update.  Roy thanks for the care list Neither meal choce appeals to me. It is a balmy +2 tism morning but the windchill maes it feel like -10.  Deep smiling foloks.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Himself said:

Good morning DAILITES.  Rich.  Thanks for the Fleet update.  Roy thanks for the care list Neither meal choce appeals to me. It is a balmy +2 tism morning but the windchill maes it feel like -10.  Deep smiling foloks.

Are you going to Florida soon?

• Like 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Our son was a boy scout - he learned a lot of bawdy songs from his leader.  Clean out your computer; I went through some of our vacation photos from many years ago and discarded a lot of meaningless vista shots.  Now that we have technology, it seems I take about 7 photos to make sure I get just the right one; what a waste of space.  We don't have a football hangover, but did watch the game; the Chiefs were seriously outplayed.  I felt bad for their quarterback; the lack of coverage was terrible.  It reminded me of our own Roughriders.

I looked up the recipe for the Beef and Biscuit Bake and it sounds like something I'm going to try.  The only ingredient I don't have is a tube of refrigerated biscuits, but I have to mail some things today, so will pick some up.  Accompanied by a Greek salad (we have lots of tomatoes and cucumbers to use), it will make a hearty meal on another cold winter's night.  And wine.

@kazuI'm sorry to hear you got slammed again - we always feel bad for the Maritime provinces because you get all the bad weather!

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Toasting all on the celebration list with our wine glasses tonight.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂 

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 24

Good morning, everyone.  

Today is the day for Jab 1 for me.  I'm so excited I can hardly sit still.   

@kazuWow on the snowfall.   About this time of year I am ready to be done with it.

@rafinmdI hope your brother is doing better.

@summer slopeYour husband's reaction sounds a lot like my sister's after jab 2.  She said she could hardly get out of her chair.  

Today's meal suggestion sounds good.   Read the comments for substitution suggestions.  Some of them sound like a good idea.  Some said it needed seasoning.  

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beef-n-biscuit-bake/

Beef-n-Biscuit-Bake_EXPS_GBBZ19_3959_E11_07_6b-1.jpg

• Like 25

Good Morning Everyone from a cool and overcast day at the beach. I dont think we will have water aerobics today.

Congratulations to the Bucs! Really glad they won.  Was not really impressed by the commercials.  They used to be better. Miss the Clydesdales and of course the Budweiser frogs!

Stay safe, wear a mask and hopefully soon we will sail again.

• Like 14

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining brightly here but the thermometer says it’s 17/degrees. We only got another 3 inches of snow so very happy the amount was small but large enough for the community to plow.

My grandson landed safely at Newark airport last evening and they didn’t get too much snow either.

About that second jab off Moderna. My daughter who has no underlying conditions was very sick with chills, sweats, vomiting and diarrhea for about 24 hours starting the morning after the shot. Her son was fine with only a sore arm. Seems some people get a strong reaction and other’s don’t.My so. Had some fever and body aches and stayed home one day.

In about two hours we have a zoom funeral for our friend who died in hospice last week. Have no idea what to expect. There will be a camera set up at the cemetery and that’s all I know.

My son was a Cub Scout but never made it to Boy Scout. My NJ grandsons were both Cub and Boy Scouts.

While writing this , I received a phone call from my MD. Had a CAT scan last Thursday because of sternum pain and what seemed like a small lump under the sternum. Everything is fine. No cancer and no anything. I might have strained the cartilage . Seems the doctor left a message on my cell phone , but he just asked the nurse to call to be sure I had seen it, which I hadn’t so very much relieved.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 24

I have always cleaned my Windows machines every January.  The Windows OS is very messy.  I totally wipe the drives and reinstall everything.  It's pretty easy for me because I path ALL data to a separate physical drive from the drives on which reside the OS and executables.  Yeah, including the "users" files. My Linux machine stays fairly clean.

This year none of my teams made it to the SB.  But I watched anyway.  I'm from Texas, where football is the official state religion.  If there is a football game on TV, I'm watching.

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

While writing this , I received a phone call from my MD. Had a CAT scan last Thursday because of sternum pain and what seemed like a small lump under the sternum. Everything is fine. No cancer and no anything. I might have strained the cartilage . Seems the doctor left a message on my cell phone , but he just asked the nurse to call to be sure I had seen it, which I hadn’t so very much relieved.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

Wonderful news Carol.

I love that a Zoom call will allow everyone to safely participate in your friend’s memorial. 

• Like 6

I managed to pretty much ignore the Super Bowl this year. We continued re-watching "Deep Space Nine" instead. 

It is still on the cold side, -9F right now, with single digits (some negative!) predicted through Saturday. I'll have to go shopping at some point but I am not looking forward to it. 

On my March 2014 jaunts around London I passed Westminster Cathedral (amazing bit of architecture) and the Canada Gate by Buckingham Palace - 

671227617_P3290846(2).thumb.JPG.589c2f334c93912d8fae699b64e3c629.JPG

P3290845.thumb.JPG.01cd16a553b61f02fd8e99f052630a48.JPG

654699170_P3290847(2).thumb.JPG.7f12fe19c11f27df1a63641e146e8837.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the updates and friendship on the thread. It is one of the coldest days in our area so far this year. I don't want to head out but need to hit up the pharmacy and grocery store. We started filling the rented dumpster with things yesterday. It feels good to get rid of things. Meanwhile another pile is growing for goodwill.

Sending prayers for those that need them, and those that don't think they do. Cheers to those celebrating. Blessings to all.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 15