What do you miss most about Princess Cruises? Ports, Shows, Food, Trivia etc

amphoto

That feeling of complete relaxation.

No phone calls while lying on a deck chair on the promenade deck and listening to the waves.

Going out to dinner by just walking out the door and down some stairs, no worries about parking.

But what I really miss about Princess cruises is the large number of cruise directors staff, you can do as little or as much as you want through out the day.

• Like 1

I miss being rocked to sleep at night. This last cruise we were in the Caribbean and had the door open while we fell asleep too

It's currently in the negative temperature range here; I could use an open balcony door and gentle waves to lull me to sleep these days

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 2:40 PM, amphoto said:

Just wondered what you are all missing the most about Princess ships?

The food of course, laying out on the deck on a nice sunny warm day at sea, breakfast in the MDR but more than anything, that very first day - embarkation day. That never gets old no matter how many cruises I go on. Dropping the bags off at the room, heading up to the buffet for the first feed of the cruise. Looking around the port, snapping a few pics and posting them for others to drool over and then sailaway. Best day of the cruise.

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, jimdee3636 said:

Whether at home or on vacation, I'm an early riser, so I'll nominate the (24 hour) International Cafe. On most cruise lines, even some expensive ones like Silversea, you can't get coffee, espresso, or a nice bite to eat at 6:00 or 6:30 AM---much less a breakfast sandwich or two if you're really hungry. On all three Princess cruises I've taken, I've loved the early morning atmosphere at the IC---chatting with the crew members and the other early-rising regulars and watching the ship slowly come to life over the next hour.

Yep, that is something special. 🙂

• Like 1

What everybody else has said....

With had only cruised with Princess and absolutely enjoyed it....

What is missed.....

Crew members recognising  you from past cruises

The Bed ... and Cabin.. the view of the wake

Breakfasts ( being in a suite ) and all the other meals

Lunch on the Balcony...

The Live Music..

Basically being on the ship..

Fingers crossed in a year or two will be enjoying all again

Don

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 9:17 AM, loge23 said:

The whole experience. As several posters have already said, just getting to the pier and seeing the ship waiting for you is always a big thrill.

Others:

• Walking onboard and taking that last step inside the ship from the gangway.
  • Being greeted by the staff and recognizing a crew member from a previous cruise. 
  • The first steps onto the balcony and imaging the sites you will see from here.
  • The sail-away!
  • Making new friends - with crew and fellow passengers alike!
  • Sea days!
  • The first cocktail!
  • Meeting the waiters on the first night.
  • Everything!

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks about taking that single step from the end of the gangway onto the deck of the ship, LOL. During every freezing-cold dog walk this winter I have fantasized about taking that single step, and looking forward to the next time it happens.

Then I think about that first drink, usually at sail-away. Probably the most exciting time, knowing that your whole vacation is ahead of you.

I also love being able to walk around the buffet and decide what I feel like eating based on what looks good at the time. I hate thinking about what food I want to eat next week when I'm making out my grocery list, LOL. I love not having to think about food, and just being able to walk around, look at food that someone else has prepared, and just seeing what looks good at the time.

• Like 3

Sleeping in a comfy bed that someone else makes.  Eating delicious food that I didn't have to cook.  Searching out quiet spots to sit and read a good book.  Walking for exercise on level floors [as an older adult this is important to me].  Playing trivia.  Watching live shows in the Princess Theater.  Frozen drinks at the International Cafe [Banoffee Blast and Black Forest Freeze].  Enjoying the fabulous crew, miss their smiling faces.

• Like 3

All of the above!  YES!  And going to the quiet, relaxing main restaurant for lunch the first day and getting a big window seat, because everyone else is at the buffet . . .  and hearing . . .  wait for it . . .  surprised no one mentioned it yet . . .  Bon Appetit !!

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, norcalcruzr said:

Sleeping in a comfy bed that someone else makes.  Eating delicious food that I didn't have to cook.  Searching out quiet spots to sit and read a good book.  Walking for exercise on level floors [as an older adult this is important to me].  Playing trivia.  Watching live shows in the Princess Theater.  Frozen drinks at the International Cafe [Banoffee Blast and Black Forest Freeze].  Enjoying the fabulous crew, miss their smiling faces.

We must be related, lol . .  Ditto to everything you mentioned 

• Like 1

We miss almost everything with the major exception of "Scottish Ken" the Assistant CD. I would cancel any cruise at any time to anywhere - even if it was free - if I found out that guy was working the cruise. That's how bad of an impression he made on us.

Edit: Sorry for the negativity but it's deeply earned on this guy's part.

Edited by Thrak

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We miss almost everything with the major exception of "Scottish Ken" the Assistant CD. I would cancel any cruise at any time to anywhere - even if it was free - if I found out that guy was working the cruise. That's how bad of an impression he made on us.

Edit: Sorry for the negativity but it's deeply earned on this guy's part.

Wow - what ship did you see him on and when? We've had cruises where we've preferred certain Asst CD's over others but not ever to the extent that we'd cancel a cruise because of an Asst CD. If it's not too personal, could you elaborate and tell us what he did to make a bad impression?