Does anyone know if Celebrity has Lobster on a 6-night cruise?

ATLConsultant

5 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

I don't think anyone has the answer at the moment, things can change dramatically. The Chinese are now saying the virus has come from frozen seafood so it may never get on a menu

Just can’t see how that becomes an airborne virus, effecting the lungs in particular.

If i eat some suspect food, it effects my digestive system.

7 hours ago, ATLConsultant said:

We will be in Blu restaurant (AquaClass) so not sure if that has any bearing over MDR.

Thx!!

We were a little disappointed with MDR lobster and our expectations weren’t high in the first place...Cannot comment re Blu as we never book Aqua. If you are a lobster lover I would recommend booking Murano’s one night. Whilst the lobster still isn’t fresh it is tasty and nice to see the flambé preparation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Just quoting a BBC news report last night, WHO has been to Wuhan found nothing suspect and reporter was told that Chinese now think its from seafood

The WHO found nothing suspect after the Chinese had 14 months to clean up / remove any evidence that might have been there, while on a heavily guided tour accompanied by Chinese officials at all times 🙄 

• Like 5

Not another lobster on a cruise thread. If lobster quality is a priority for a cruise you shouldn't be cruising. In all of my years of cruising I have only once had a lobster that was better than just OK and that was not on any of the mainstream cruise lines. The best you get is a small frozen 4 to 6oz lobster tail that will be over cooked and be more like rubber than a succulent lobster you can get at most higher end seafood restaurants. BTW the only decent lobster I have had on a cruise was with Oceania which served whole main lobsters that were kept alive until served on the ship.

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Not another lobster on a cruise thread. If lobster quality is a priority for a cruise you shouldn't be cruising. In all of my years of cruising I have only once had a lobster that was better than just OK and that was not on any of the mainstream cruise lines. The best you get is a small frozen 4 to 6oz lobster tail that will be over cooked and be more like rubber than a succulent lobster you can get at most higher end seafood restaurants. BTW the only decent lobster I have had on a cruise was with Oceania which served whole main lobsters that were kept alive until served on the ship.

I have to agree...lobster on a cruise ship and almost every resort...no thanks. lol. 

The best Lobster we ever had was on Blu one night.  They used to serve it with an orange sauce which spoiled it in my opinion.  Like Dave, we like the drawn butter and usually order a dish of the butter to dip it in. That being said, it is not Maine Lobster and therefore cannot compete.  We have only been on one cruise (Century 2006) less than 7 days and I'm sorry I can't remember whether we had it or not. 

20 hours ago, ATLConsultant said:

We will be in Blu restaurant (AquaClass) so not sure if that has any bearing over MDR.

Thx!!

We sail in Aqua and eat in Blu nearly every cruise.  They do serve lobster  tail one night and they hype it up.  It is the Caribbean type and they like to serve it with a cream sauce.  I always ask for butter.  Surprisingly, we had Maine lobster on an Alaskan cruise on Solstice but never in the Caribbean.  

5 hours ago, gerelmx said:

What they offer you is the "Caribbean Lobster Tail", RCCL and X have never served me the Main Lobster. The best whole Lobsters in Kennebunkport, BarHarbor and PEI during the lunch of the excursions.

We were once served fresh lobsters from Maine as anchored in Bar Harbor.  They were like the proverbial rubber chicken.  Sad.

Who know what will be served when cruising resumes, but the MDR lobster was okay.  You don't get wonderful from frozen lobster either.

8 hours ago, terrydtx said:

True. I've never understood the desire for poor quality lobster on cruises. Give me a beautiful Beef Wellington anytime, like the one I had on a final night on Solstice in Vancouver.

• Like 2

Yes the lobster at Murano is a wonderful experience, however never had a bad lobster in a Celebrity MDR.  Then again, I just love lobster.

On the flip side, I'm all about fresh Dungeness Crab.  Unless I dispatched it within half an hour and steamed for 12 minutes (cleaned no guts) its just not what I want.  Never butter, taste the sweet morsels, and get dirty doing it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chemmo said:

We were a little disappointed with MDR lobster and our expectations weren’t high in the first place...Cannot comment re Blu as we never book Aqua. If you are a lobster lover I would recommend booking Murano’s one night. Whilst the lobster still isn’t fresh it is tasty and nice to see the flambé preparation.

That's what I was going to say. It's really not that good at all.  I know some people feel different but trust me, it's not worth thinking about or looking forward to.