Quantum of the Seas extends Singapore cruise to nowhere until June 21st 2021

Just announced today.  Quantum of the Seas will now extend and sail until June 21st.  It can only be viewed on the Singapore site. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/cruises/?country=SGP&dates_maxDate=06%2F30%2F2021&dates_minDate=12%2F01%2F2020&icid=sgprts_hm_28_apac_sgp&shipCode_QN=true&sgpextension=true

Edited by Sail n Snow

• Sail n Snow changed the title to Quantum of the Seas extends Singapore cruise to nowhere until June 21st 2021
4 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

Just announced today.  Quantum of the Seas will now extend and sail until June 21st.  It can only be viewed on the Singapore site. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/cruises/?country=SGP&dates_maxDate=06%2F30%2F2021&dates_minDate=12%2F01%2F2020&icid=sgprts_hm_28_apac_sgp&shipCode_QN=true&sgpextension=true

If they are only doing cruises to nowhere over there until June then that pretty much eliminates any May and June sailings everywhere else in the world. 

• Like 1

I wonder what the plan is beyond that.  The email I received cancelling my Quantum July sailing indicated that they were going to keep Quantum in Asia for the entire Alaska season:

"Following her Singapore season, Quantum of the Seas was set to offer Alaska sailings from April 2021. However, to allow additional time for our preparation, Quantum will remain in the Asia-Pacific region. As a result, we’re suspending our 2021 Alaska sailings onboard Quantum of the Seas departing April 25th to September 27th, 2021. Regrettably, your sailing will be cancelled."

11 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

I wonder what the plan is beyond that.  The email I received cancelling my Quantum July sailing indicated that they were going to keep Quantum in Asia for the entire Alaska season:

"Following her Singapore season, Quantum of the Seas was set to offer Alaska sailings from April 2021. However, to allow additional time for our preparation, Quantum will remain in the Asia-Pacific region. As a result, we’re suspending our 2021 Alaska sailings onboard Quantum of the Seas departing April 25th to September 27th, 2021. Regrettably, your sailing will be cancelled."

They will continue their short cruises to nowhere thru June, maybe they hope to start cruises to somewhere in Asia in July.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, masteradept said:

Some of the crew onboard mentioned that in July they're going to try for cruises out of Tianjin, most likely also without port stops, depending on the approval of the Chinese government.

Foreign-flagged cruise ships are not allowed to operate "cruises to nowhere" in China.

But if the ship can make a technical call at another country (Japan / South Korea) without any passengers go ashore, then it may still fulfill the requirement.

20 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

Quantum is now sailing out of Australia for 2021

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

Says my friend who is staff on board....

That staff must be really connected with the Aussie Prime Minister to have such assurance that cruising will be approved at that time.

Biker, who really admires RCI's ability to extract deposits while having very questionable ability to deliver.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Aussie Jeep said:

Maybe a bit more info is needed as in NOW QoS is in Singapore until end of June. 

It looks like it will shift to Australia after that and has sailing in November in the system. 

Edited by Sail n Snow
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Aussie Jeep said:

There are several cruise ships programmed to start their Australian season in October this year. None of them are here now and there is no guarantee that will be allowed back in until the Government lifts it's cruise ban. Doesn't stop the cruise lines actively selling the Australian itineraries however and I guess it's up to the individual whether to take the risk and book.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:46 AM, Biker19 said:

That staff must be really connected with the Aussie Prime Minister to have such assurance that cruising will be approved at that time.

Biker, who really admires RCI's ability to extract deposits while having very questionable ability to deliver.

Sounds like a new type of Ponzi scheme.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:02 AM, Biker19 said:

Says who?

On 2/11/2021 at 3:46 AM, Biker19 said:

Hey Biker, I believe you need to throw out that old "Beating a Dead Horse" meme you use often. You can use this one on pretty much every single thread on this forum.

AssuredHardtofindAplomadofalcon-small.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Jeep said:

I have booked two cruises already from Australia on the Quantum in November 

Thousands are booked on many ships for May. For the past year, the ability to book a sailing had very little to do with the sailing actually happening.

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

The likelihood of any sailing happening from Australia is very low with current government restrictions.

It’s up for review in 3 weeks,

our trade minister says he thinks it should happen but it’s not his call.

Nothing is going to happen is Sydney until June as they are dredging circular quay.

58 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Oh? Are they? I haven't heard of any expansion plans recently.

I was there last week  talking to some  of the blokes.

They are currently putting in a underwater retaining wall inline with the pier ,towards the rail station.

Then they are going to dredge the birth box.

Good time to do it. There might be a big ship in the neighbourhood.

image.jpeg.f8ac1b215d840b4777d2b0063773b0c0.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn