Message Disabled?

Jcol5786

5 minutes ago, Jcol5786 said:

Ken - it was you  -  I wanted to ask about your dog. We have a 13 year old lab mix that looks almost the same. They could be related!

We had Sparky’s DNA treated when she was a pup as we got her from a shelter at 3 months old.  Not sure on how accurate there are but it came back as a golden retriever/collie cross.  She had the long hair and body of a golden.

A picture from her younger years. 

7218C96D-3E0E-4C01-854D-DA4C1EE7ADE6.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the picture Ken. Here's one of Abbey, our 13 yr old rescue mix. She's a great companion especially during all of the Covid isolation. 

I promise not to post anymore dog pictures☺️ and will keep to cruise topics.

James

20210214_080526.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

These forums have never had messaging enabled. The feature is there for mods to use to contact people if necessary. 

Think they were enabled at one time but that was many years ago. Been a Cruise Critic Fan myself since 1997...

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Think they were enabled at one time but that was many years ago. Been a Cruise Critic Fan myself since 1997...

Not long after I joined, I asked this exact question of the mods, mainly because I was pretty sure I knew someone going on the same cruise as us. I was told that it had once been active but saw too much rule avoiding, spam, abuse, travel agent recommendations and trolling for business.

I belonged to another forum using the same software where Messaging was used frequently and rarely abused.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

It has not been enabled since 2003 for members. Maybe they had it when CC was on AOL? It is enabled for moderators.

Joined AOL's Cruise Critic in 1997, stopped being AOL/CC in 2000 when I had to rejoin "New" CC. Was deployed in ARMY so couple months after signed up again under new, was somewhere around Member 300 under current CC. It was enabled then, we were a small Group, Texted ea other more then I posted back then. Was one the youngest Members and we had lot less Cruise ships to talk about...