First time with Royal Genie

gabeb848

I'm staying in cabin 1718 (star loft) on Oasis OTS on June 18 this year! (Hopefully😬) This will be my family's first time in star class, which means it's also our first time with the Royal Genie... I wanted to know all of the things that surprised you about the Genie Experience, things that you wish you knew before your first experience with the Royal Service and things that surprised you! Do you have a favorite Genie? Share your thoughts!

• Like 1

We have had genies 5 times, 3 different ones.  They were all different as each has their own personality.  We are always asking questions and trying to get to know who we spend time with and our first genie was good but not really friendly.  Our second was very friendly and we found out all about him, which was fun.  Our third, who was the favorite, was Derick on Anthem of the Seas.  He was hard to get to know, a very private person but the second time he was our genie it was easier and the third we became great friends and still stay in contact with him.  The interesting part of a genie is not what they can do for you, which is almost anything you would want but how the crew treats you.  We went to the Mexican place on Oasis and were early but were told there were no tables available until we said we would wait to meet our genie at which time there was instantly a table available.  We even asked our first genie if there was things we should ask for that we did not know about.  It is an amazing experience and you will have a wonderful time with you genie, who ever it is and will remember your experience for a long time.

We have 3  cruises booked which are in Star Class and  can't wait to see who our genie will be.  We are hoping our Thanksgiving cruise on Anthem will happen and we will see Derick again.

• Like 3

I wonder how many of the "old" Genies will be back.  I believe that Yen Lee is now on Quantum so presumably, she will remain.  No idea who the other Quantum Genies are.

We've had Reyno (twice), Sebastian, Yen Lee (twice), Charlie (no longer with Royal) and Joyce.  They've all been wonderful.  Each is good in their own way.  Reyno is a killer party-planner, Yen is all business but very good at her job.  Sebastian is efficient and charming.  Joyce was a kick !  She is really fun.  Charlie was our favorite, but of course, he is gone now.  Figures.

Between August 2021 and March 2022 we have 7 SC booked but fear that our August SY will not go.  BOOOO.  I think the anticipation of SC is at least as much fun as actually doing SC !

• Like 2