Carnival Panorama Oct 2021

travelplus

I am in the process of booking a 7nt Balcony on the Panorama for Oct out of Long Beach. I am getting the 2nd Moderna Vaccine today and still follow all guidelines. 

I can easily fly from SJC to LGB and my Mother was born in LB on Studebaker Rd  across from El Dorado Park so I am familiar with the area and plan to stay in this Queen Mary next door and dune at Parker's Lighthouse.

Always good to sail in and out of a port I am familiar with during unfamiliar times. 

I can wait until my reseeved checking time is at the Queen Mary.

SJC has a PCR test site and I can go 3-5  days efore or get one near my home.

I figure if it gets cancelled I lose nothing and can postpone it.

Any tips on the Panorama? It looks like a beautiful ship! I am looking to book Shore Excursions in Puerto Vallarta and Cabos both places I have stayed for 2 weeks plus a Day m Cabos on a Panama Canal Cruise . Mazatlan is the only new city. 

Again I am not booking an unfamiliar itinerary and will just be super flexible. I am so use to using mobile apps to make reservations before COVID so I'm use to it. I chose Anytime Dining as I will be solo and love a new table each day or get a burrito to take back to my room.

The reason for getting a Balcony is for Room Service. A $5 pizza works in a pinch or Breakfast. I would NEVER cruise during COVID in anything less than a Balcony in the unlikely god forbid situation the ship must quarrintine . Last year I knew the mistake people made in those interior cabins  during the Process fiasco. To me a Balcony is worth it.

Ill reach out to Mr.Heald as well 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by travelplus

My sister and I are sailing the Panorama 10/02/21 for my birthday and looking forward to this cruise. I’m in FL now but Southern CA natives so know our way around well and can hardly wait. Staying at sisters in Norco then we’ll head over in the morning.

I have never not had a balcony so am confused, you get a balcony for room service? They do room service for interior rooms also, right? OR....is it because eating/drinking while sitting on the balcony is so nice?

4 hours ago, travelplus said:

I can easily fly from SJC to LGB and my Mother was born in LB on Studebaker Rd  across from El Dorado Park so I am familiar with the area and plan to stay in this Queen Mary next door and dune at Parker's Lighthouse.

As a LB resident, I can say the future of the Queen Mary is not looking well.

The operator of the QM filed for bankruptcy last month. The Ship is deteriorating as well due to poor maintenance. 

• Thanks 1

Wife and I were on the inaugural cruise.

Ship was beautiful but felt cramped. The nice large atrium found on most ships is gone. 

One single large pool area is now two smaller areas. Wife and I spent most time on the rear of the ship where there is a bar and two hot tubs. This seemed to be the "party" area for most people as there was a large bar back there.

Get to the piano bar early. It seemed smaller than on some Carnival ships. Same for comedy. I can't attest to the seating occupancy but the comedy club seemed small(er) as well.

Gym is nice. All the dining places are nice. Guys bbq is good. There is a make you own salad in the adult only "quiet" area. Sorry, it's been almost a year and I can't remember the name.

As with most ships, pizza line gets long in the late night hours.

Enjoyed listening to music from the four person band just down from the "heroes bar".

Get in line early for the ropes course or the suspended pedal-car tracks. Line gets LONG for them.

Trampoline park looked popular with the kids. 

Main theater shows were meh. One put me to sleep but the one with the drones was pretty cool.

Don't stay on the lower decks if you are sleep sensitive. The crew bar gets thumping after midnight and you can hear the base from the DJ in the decks above it.

It's a brand new ship so rooms are nice. She's a beautiful ship and we're supposed to be on her again in July. Not holding my breath that CA will allow cruises by then.

Our service was excellent in all aspects.

We're booked on her for October 30th.  Have been wanting to do a Halloween cruise for several years now, so I hope this one goes.  Our other one (on Miracle) out of San Diego was cancelled.

Edited by Laurie S.

I'm sailing the Panorama in November.  It will be the first time I'm in a room without a balcony.  We had credit from a cancelled cruise to use up and got a good deal and thought we'd go cheaply for once.  We're Californians, so we can just drive to the port, enabling us to make no hotel or air reservations, so there will be very little to unwind should this get cancelled.  I've seen some YouTube videos of the Panorama and it looks great!  If anyone has info about the Outside View/non balcony rooms, I'd love to hear it.

I would highly recommend the Havana area.  There are inside, aft balcony, corner balcony, suite and lanai balcony cabins.  Pool was never busy, also had two large hot tubs.  No need to deal with the adult soup nonsense in the regular area.  Check out various videos on YouTube. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 6:02 AM, travelplus said:

I am in the process of booking a 7nt Balcony on the Panorama for Oct out of Long Beach. I am getting the 2nd Moderna Vaccine today and still follow all guidelines. 

Always good to sail in and out of a port I am familiar with during unfamiliar times. 

I can wait until my reseeved checking time is at the Queen Mary.

SJC has a PCR test site and I can go 3-5  days efore or get one near my home.

I figure if it gets cancelled I lose nothing and can postpone it.

Any tips on the Panorama? It looks like a beautiful ship! I am looking to book Shore Excursions in Puerto Vallarta and Cabos both places I have stayed for 2 weeks plus a Day m Cabos on a Panama Canal Cruise . Mazatlan is the only new city. 

Again I am not booking an unfamiliar itinerary and will just be super flexible. I am so use to using mobile apps to make reservations before COVID so I'm use to it. I chose Anytime Dining as I will be solo and love a new table each day or get a burrito to take back to my room.

The reason for getting a Balcony is for Room Service. A $5 pizza works in a pinch or Breakfast. I would NEVER cruise during COVID in anything less than a Balcony in the unlikely god forbid situation the ship must quarrintine . Last year I knew the mistake people made in those interior cabins  during the Process fiasco. To me a Balcony is worth it.

Ill reach out to Mr.Heald as well 

Thanks in advance.

You might not be able to stay the night on the Queen Mary. Sadly to say the city is pursuing bankruptcy. Unless someone comes along and saves her, I think she’s gone.

2 hours ago, skrufy said:

You might not be able to stay the night on the Queen Mary. Sadly to say the city is pursuing bankruptcy. Unless someone comes along and saves her, I think she’s gone.

Sorry to hear. Where else can I stay?

8 hours ago, travelplus said:

Sorry to hear. Where else can I stay?

If you're not able to stay at the Queen Mary, Google Long Beach stay and cruise hotels. There's quite a few that offer specials and will shuttle you to and from the cruise terminal. We were going to stay at a hotel right by the Long Beach Airport that had a great offer...can't remember the name. We sailed the Panorama for two weeks back to back just prior to the shutdown. She's a beautiful ship!

Mazatlan has a beautiful Cathedral near the town square. There's a nice area to shop and relax in the port area. When you step off the ship, there's a free little trolley train that will take you right to it. The weather in February is nice..not so hot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lil2Angelic said:

If you're not able to stay at the Queen Mary, Google Long Beach stay and cruise hotels. There's quite a few that offer specials and will shuttle you to and from the cruise terminal. We were going to stay at a hotel right by the Long Beach Airport that had a great offer...can't remember the name. We sailed the Panorama for two weeks back to back just prior to the shutdown. She's a beautiful ship!

Mazatlan has a beautiful Cathedral near the town square. There's a nice area to shop and relax in the port area. When you step off the ship, there's a free little trolley train that will take you right to it. The weather in February is nice..not so hot. 

Thank you so much. I will Google Cruise Hotels. My plan is to fly on Southwest from San Jose a day or so early  to LGB and perhaps home from LAX after seeing my Grandfather.

I am looking forward to Mazatlan and  I sure hope we are not forced to use the tours of the Cruiseline but if so I was looking at options. 

Yes, I agree that February is a great time for Mexico vs. summer.

9 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Thank you so much. I will Google Cruise Hotels. My plan is to fly on Southwest from San Jose a day or so early  to LGB and perhaps home from LAX after seeing my Grandfather.

I am looking forward to Mazatlan and  I sure hope we are not forced to use the tours of the Cruiseline but if so I was looking at options. 

Yes, I agree that February is a great time for Mexico vs. summer.

Mazatlan has this hop on, hop off, bus type tour that is a really good value. You board a bus right off the ship (only outbound, inbound you get dropped off at the tram transport to return to the ship) and it takes you on a route to a lot of cool places and you can visit each as long as you want and then jump on the next bus to the next stop(s). It's a great value if you are a independent type. They also give you a lot of information on the way back to the terminal along the way (narration). We checked out the cathedral, the open air market, saw the guy do the cliff dive, ate some great shrimp at The Shrimp Factory, and a lot of great photos on the way back. It's a great value and they sell them right on the ship at a little stand on Lido between Guys and the Cantina. Not sure if you can pre purchase but they sell them right on deck and you can buy them the morning of no problem.  

• Like 1

Just now, cruisingguy007 said:

Mazatlan has this hop on, hop off, bus type tour that is a really good value. You board a bus right off the ship (only outbound, inbound you get dropped off at the tram transport to return to the ship) and it takes you on a route to a lot of cool places and you can visit each as long as you want and then jump on the next bus to the next stop(s). It's a great value if you are a independent type. They also give you a lot of information on the way back to the terminal along the way (narration). We checked out the cathedral, the open air market, saw the guy do the cliff dive, ate some great shrimp at The Shrimp Factory, and a lot of great photos on the way back. It's a great value and they sell them right on the ship at a little stand on Lido between Guys and the Cantina. Not sure if you can pre purchase but they sell them right on deck and you can buy them the morning of no problem.  

Thanks for this!

3 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Thanks for this!

No problem. I tried to find the name of it as there seems to be a few but the one we went on was purchased on board from a stand. I believe they all wear yellow jackets, as do the representatives at each stop (there will be one or more agents at each stop to guide people and answer questions) and they wear bright yellow vests to be easily identifiable. I think it was around $20 per person IIRC. We will be doing it again when we are on Panorama next. 

• Like 1