Shareholders OBC extended through 7/31/22

ontheweb

5 minutes ago, willownsammy said:

Can someone give me a quick answer as to whether you lose the OBC if you don’t use it all on the cruise or do they credit you back the unused portion?

the stockholder credit is use it or lose it, but can be applied to the daily service charge

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willownsammy said:

Can someone give me a quick answer as to whether you lose the OBC if you don’t use it all on the cruise or do they credit you back the unused portion?

Use it or lose it.  It’s like HAL’s OBC and non refundable.

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Sent our email this morning (9:09amET) to get our $250 shareholder OBC for our October cruise.  Got the confirmation back via email at 10:25am ET.......WOW!  All done. Easy peezy.  

I just did mine, less that 10 minute between submission and response.

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Maybe

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I wonder if this means that more employees are returning to the HAL corporate office.  

Not necessarily. Since we are allowed to submit via email now it goes directly to someone's desk (maybe more than one) where the fax might have gone to a fax machine someone had to check now and then.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:53 PM, richwmn said:

Not necessarily. Since we are allowed to submit via email now it goes directly to someone's desk (maybe more than one) where the fax might have gone to a fax machine someone had to check now and then.

Where do we email the proof of ownership to, please, Rich?  We haven't done that before, always faxed it.

I'm glad to hear that as I bought my shares at $40 a share so I am considerably under water on the cost.  Of course, I have made up the difference in shipboard credit  over the years.  

Edited by sambamama
correction

On 7/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, richwmn said:

World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com

Out of interest, I noticed that the Shareholder OBC for our cancelled September 26, 2021 cruise is showing up on the replacement October 2022 cruise.  I expected that HAL would claw back the OBC and tell me to reapply when the promotion is renewed.

6 hours ago, sambamama said:

I'm glad to hear that as I bought my shares at $40 a share so I am considerably under water on the cost.

Keep the faith, sister!  I endured the disaster during the Great Recession and ought to have bought more.  The recovery period is likely to be longer than 2008-2009, but the stock's price will recover.  At least, that's what my crystal ball tells me.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jimgev said:

Is there a "window" beyond the minimum of 3 weeks for submitting the proof of ownership? (A maximum time prior to the cruise)

I don't know how early you can submit but I just submitted our OBC request 3.5 months prior to sailing and I got the confirmation back in less than two hours.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jimgev said:

Is there a "window" beyond the minimum of 3 weeks for submitting the proof of ownership? (A maximum time prior to the cruise)

Not that I know of.  I’ve sent my requests off pretty early at times (around 9 months).    I’ll most likely be sending my request in shortly for our May cruise.  It’s too easy to forget 😉 

• Thanks 1

We are on what I believe is called a "Collectors Cruise" in February.  18 days Hawaii, and 7 days Mex Riviera.  They are sold as separate cruises, but we have booked it as one 25 day cruise.  Would we be entitled to OBC for each leg (which would I believe be $250 and $100), or just the $250?  I'm happy with anything - but would like to know before I ask what I can expect. 

Just now, Josie201 said:

We are on what I believe is called a "Collectors Cruise" in February.  18 days Hawaii, and 7 days Mex Riviera.  They are sold as separate cruises, but we have booked it as one 25 day cruise.  Would we be entitled to OBC for each leg (which would I believe be $250 and $100), or just the $250?  I'm happy with anything - but would like to know before I ask what I can expect. 

If it is booked as one cruise, with one booking number, you just get the one credit of $250.

We are on that cruise, too!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

I just submitted a request on Saturday for our two upcoming cruises, one in September and one in December. I received credit and confirmation for both this morning. 

I sent ours off yesterday, Haven't heard anything yet - did you get an email?