Shareholders OBC extended through 7/31/22

ontheweb

52 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

Very welcome news received, pays a very good dividend especially true for  a frequent cruiser. thank you for the update

Just to clarify, by dividend I assume you mean the shareholders' OBC, as they no longer pay a dividend.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

Yes that is a dividend in my view, if you don’t cruise CCL you get nothing.

Again to clarify, it's not just CCL, Carnival Cruise Line, but it is good on all cruise lines owned by Carnival. We have successfully used it not just on Carnival, but also Princess and Holland America. And there are other cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Again to clarify, it's not just CCL, Carnival Cruise Line, but it is good on all cruise lines owned by Carnival. We have successfully used it not just on Carnival, but also Princess and Holland America. And there are other cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation.

If you had read the original post for this thread you would know, it’s spelled out.

8 minutes ago, Indianadaytripper said:

If you had read the original post for this thread you would know, it’s spelled out.

I not only read the first post, but was the one who posted it. I was responding to another poster whose post seemed to imply it was just available on Carnival Cruise Line.

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

I wonder how much discussion there was around the Board table on this or if it was a five second agenda item.

I would expect it is just a 'tick the box' item with virtually no discussion. On board expenses is where all the margin is, so it doesn't really cost them that much. The optics of removing such a relatively tiny benefit  (from their cost savings perspective) to holders would be pretty bad and likely result in more overall loss  in terms of lost cruises than it saves them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rodndonna said:

I would expect it is just a 'tick the box' item with virtually no discussion. On board expenses is where all the margin is, so it doesn't really cost them that much. The optics of removing such a relatively tiny benefit  (from their cost savings perspective) to holders would be pretty bad and likely result in more overall loss  in terms of lost cruises than it saves them.

I'd have to agree. The goodwill associated with this benefit is probably much greater than the actual cost. 

1 hour ago, drowelf said:

I'd have to agree. The goodwill associated with this benefit is probably much greater than the actual cost. 

And can you imagine the bad will that would have been generated if they had done away with it? It seems from posts on the Princess board, Princess had already been giving the OBC (which on Princess can be used to prepay excursions) already past the earlier cutoff date. Can you imagine the protests they would have heard if they had to take back OBC that was already given and possibly already used?

42 minutes ago, JimnKaren said:

Now, if we get the stock dividends back, I'll be doubly happy.

Jim

That would be nice, but I'm not going to be surprised if its quite a few years before the dividend returns. There is a staggering amount of debt that should be retired first. And now we have another 1B (~40 millions) shares to further dilute the pool. 

Edited by drowelf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JimnKaren said:

Now, if we get the stock dividends back, I'll be doubly happy.

Jim

Not sure I will live long enough to see that happen.  I haven’t looked but I wonder if these debt issuances have covenants on the payment of cash dividends.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 4:25 AM, Indianadaytripper said:

Very welcome news received, pays a very good dividend especially true for  a frequent cruiser. thank you for the update

no dividends this year.? but great about the OBC

Edited by nymexico

• 4 months later...