Chances of a Kids Sail Free This Spring?

RCCL Fan

Where do you think we could go with unvaccinated children on the ship?  Which ports would choose the risk of unvaccinated children carrying the virus to their country?  If you lived on a small island with limited medical care, would you want any exceptions made, or would you limit visitors to 100% vaccinated?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Where do you think we could go with unvaccinated children on the ship?  Which ports would choose the risk of unvaccinated children carrying the virus to their country?  If you lived on a small island with limited medical care, would you want any exceptions made, or would you limit visitors to 100% vaccinated?

Don't you realize that all of these parents wanting to cruise in the short term with their precious little darlings are card carrying members of the "me society"? 

Hopefully the bean counters will realize that the better alternative is to make it 100% vaccinated on board.  It's only going to be a short term thing until vaccinations are developed for kids.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Before you go spouting about what other people should do. Maybe you should look in to how it works.

NO VACCINE HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR KIDS. 

I'm so glad you enlightened me - I had no idea.

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don't you realize that all of these parents wanting to cruise in the short term with their precious little darlings are card carrying members of the "me society"? 

Or maybe they just understand the science of the whole thing.  And the bean counters will rely on science, too, not paranoia that people have thinking they'll catch and die of covid if they happen to merely see an unvaccinated kid.

My son's school district has been open full time since August. Kids 10 and under don't wear masks. They don't stay 6 feet apart because that's impossible.

Guess how many in-school covid transmissions there have been: ZERO

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Ever post something....  walk away for a bit and come back and find a zillion posts and think......  I didn't ask about any of this.   hahahaha!     

love you guys.  (well some of you) lol

Maybe we need to change to title of your thread to Chances of Kids Sailing (at all) this Spring😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Hopefully the bean counters will realize that the better alternative is to make it 100% vaccinated on board.  It's only going to be a short term thing until vaccinations are developed for kids.

Well exactly - so the cruise lines make an exemption for people under 16 and then someone who has an allergy, religious reason, etc. thinks they should have the same exemption.  Where does it stop?

I don't think anyone is saying it needs to be long term - just to get cruises up and running again.

And in case anyone is wondering, I have a 6 year old grandson who might not be able to cruise  until Vaccines are available to children.

8 minutes ago, mek said:

I don't think anyone is saying it needs to be long term - just to get cruises up and running again.

Exactly.  If cruises are up and running by Labor Day and if a vaccine is available for kids by the first of the year, we're talking 4 months.

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Ever post something....  walk away for a bit and come back and find a zillion posts and think......  I didn't ask about any of this.   hahahaha!     

love you guys.  (well some of you) lol

I tried to steer this ship back on point....:classic_ohmy:

52 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

This is really cute... We've all been sacrificing to keep our kids home for our own health. And I'm posting here because this thread was about kids sail free, a promotion I would gladly partake in again if given the chance. I wonder why you'd even click this link except to go off on another diatribe about why you should be able to have a kid free vacation on a family cruise budget.

Ports aren't going to open up to ships until they've had a chance to vaccinate their own people, vaccination status of you entitled boomers aside. Case in point: Canada.

Edited by lizzius
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Exactly.  If cruises are up and running by Labor Day and if a vaccine is available for kids by the first of the year, we're talking 4 months.

You are utterly clueless how this stuff works. 

Firstly trials have only just been announced for under 18s in the UK. That will be 12 months time give or take before results and then authorisation. Children are not in any way highly infectious and almost always have a low viral load when infected which means they are not spreaders they only get chance infections and do not cause outbreaks. Teachers who spend all day with kids have a lower infection rate than Farmers in the UK based on a peer reviewed study of transmission. 

At a minimum there will be testing before boarding which minimises risk of anyone being infected anyway. The constant thermal testing and spot testing will catch anyone else and the vaccines in the adults will kill the chance of infection in anyone at risk anyway. 

You are just one of these people who would rather put others out because you would rather it work the way you want it to. Well guess what... i have no kids and i still think your thinking is totally wrong and your understanding of risk is so flawed you clearly have no clue. 

Irony is here being American you likely have a load of health conditions which are more deadly and higher risk than covid will ever be but are blinkered to the risk of covid no matter how small it is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Firstly trials have only just been announced for under 18s in the UK. That will be 12 months time give or take before results and then authorisation. Children are not in any way highly infectious and almost always have a low viral load when infected which means they are not spreaders they only get chance infections and do not cause outbreaks. Teachers who spend all day with kids have a lower infection rate than Farmers in the UK based on a peer reviewed study of transmission. 

You just made me realize something... If kids really were the little disease factories the anti-kid people here believed them to be, they'd have all reached herd immunity by the end of the summer anyway.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Yet people fear a return to cruising.

I fear spending several thousand Euros to spend my well earned vacation with social distancing, wearing masks, cruise line only excursions, limited facilities, etc. And that’s if no one tests positive onboard. If they do then it’s a vacation of quarantining in your cabin. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I fear spending several thousand Euros to spend my well earned vacation with social distancing, wearing masks, cruise line only excursions, limited facilities, etc. And that’s if no one tests positive onboard. If they do then it’s a vacation of quarantining in your cabin. 

Cruises won't be shut down due to one single test. Or 10. And the odds of it ever getting to the point they'd have to shut it all down is extremely low. Yet that will be the fear of many people (and not necessarily their fault due to the media coverage covid gets)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Firstly trials have only just been announced for under 18s in the UK. That will be 12 months time give or take before results and then authorisation. 

I don't care one way or another when a vaccine is ready for kids.  It could be in 2 months or it could be in 2 years.  The bottom line is that we can all debate back and forth until the cows come home and it doesn't mean squat.

The bean counters will determine if vaccines are going to be 100% mandatory for everybody or if there will be a loophole made for the kids. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Cool, cool. 

Glad to see that you're finally stepping across the line in the sand.  But seriously,  the back and forth in this thread means nothing and it will be up to the bean counters and lawyers from the cruise lines who will come up with the policy of whether or not a 100% vaccinated ship will be necessary or not. I have to assume you agree to that.

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Glad to see that you're finally stepping across the line in the sand.  But seriously,  the back and forth in this thread means nothing and it will be up to the bean counters and lawyers from the cruise lines who will come up with the policy of whether or not a 100% vaccinated ship will be necessary or not. I have to assume you agree to that.

Agree to what? Never cruising again if cruiselines write off families for two years (or longer) to appease your brand of zealotry? Sure. Knowing that ultimately I, nor you, have any real sway over anything? Also sure. 

... Or is this a secret contest to see who can say the most repetitive and off-topic things over and over again? You can definitely win that one if you want.

I'm still wondering why you clicked into this one in the first place... Have to get your daily shot of adrenaline from something other than arguing with your nieces and nephews on Facebook, I guess.

Edited by lizzius

1 hour ago, lizzius said:

Agree to what? 

Guess you can't comprehend the fact that the bean counters and lawyers will be the ones to determine whether or not a 100% fully vaccinated ship is the way to go.

I'll let that personal attack with your last paragraph roll off my shoulder because if I type what I truly think of you, I will  be put in the penalty box for multiple weeks and you're not worth it.

And this thread had to do with whether or not Royal will have a KSF promotion or not.  It's a moot point if kids are not allowed to be on board because they are not vaccinated.  That is where the connection comes from.  And I never said that cruise lines should ban kids for two years or longer as you typed in your opening sentence.   I said that it would be a short term thing until a vaccine is developed for kids, which should be far less than two years when you consider how long it took the current vaccines to come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I don’t get why people choose family cruise lines if they don’t like families? Maybe stay away from Disney, RCI, and Carnival. I hear HAL is nice and quiet.

I have no problems with families.  I also have no problems with well behaved children.   What I do have is problems with unruly rugrats on cruises.  Too many times some parents take a vacation from parenting when they are on vacation.  They sit pool side and sip a frozen drink of their choice while little Johnny or Mary run rampant.  They have to realize that parenting is 24/7 365 for 18 years.  Many parents realize this while a certain percentage do not.  I have personally witnessed this over my 35 years of cruising on multiple lines.  

Even when I decide to cruise at times when the percentage of children on board should be low, like the first two weeks of January, it doesn't matter.  Even though kids were just out of school for the Christmas break, their parents will still take them out for a week in early January. 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Guess you can't comprehend the fact that the bean counters and lawyers will be the ones to determine whether or not a 100% fully vaccinated ship is the way to go.

I'll let that personal attack with your last paragraph roll off my shoulder because if I type what I truly think of you, I will  be put in the penalty box for multiple weeks and you're not worth it.

And this thread had to do with whether or not Royal will have a KSF promotion or not.  It's a moot point if kids are not allowed to be on board because they are not vaccinated.  That is where the connection comes from.  And I never said that cruise lines should ban kids for two years or longer as you typed in your opening sentence.   I said that it would be a short term thing until a vaccine is developed for kids, which should be far less than two years when you consider how long it took the current vaccines to come out.

Just block them. Life will be easier. I’ve blocked 2 over the last week and only have 4 in total since 2006.

It’s easier than going down the wormhole and reading generalized droning.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I have no problems with families.  I also have no problems with well behaved children.   What I do have is problems with unruly rugrats on cruises.  Too many times some parents take a vacation from parenting when they are on vacation.  They sit pool side and sip a frozen drink of their choice while little Johnny or Mary run rampant.  They have to realize that parenting is 24/7 365 for 18 years.  Many parents realize this while a certain percentage do not.  I have personally witnessed this over my 35 years of cruising on multiple lines.  

Even when I decide to cruise at times when the percentage of children on board should be low, like the first two weeks of January, it doesn't matter.  Even though kids were just out of school for the Christmas break, their parents will still take them out for a week in early January. 🤔🤔🤔

So the truth comes out. 

Another gem for you to fume about: our school is letting kids switch to virtual school as needed, which could reasonably include vacations in the future. Many others are doing the same... Your kid-free notions on a very kid-friendly cruiseline may be another casualty of COVID.

Edited by lizzius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve seen more issues with entitled thinking adults than children. 

M8

Is that why you recently just got out of the penalty box and had to be welcomed back?  No entitlement here, I just hate parents that don't control their kids.  I have zero problems with well behaved children that were brought up properly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lizzius said:

So the truth comes out. 

Another gem for you to fume about: our school is letting kids switch to virtual school as needed, which could reasonably include vacations in the future. Many others are doing the same... Your kid-free notions on a very kid-friendly cruiseline may be another casualty of COVID.

What is so bad about wanting to be able to enjoy your vacation around well behaved children that were raised by good parents versus having to be around self centered parents who take a vacation from parenting while they're on vacation and also then have to deal with their unruly kids?

• Like 2