Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

22 minutes ago, Tin can said:

I'm on a few Royal Caribbean groups on the website we are not allowed to mention here and it is buzzing with the news about the MSC cruises.

I have only ever cruised with Royal but if I can get on one of the 4 night cruises then I will book if RCI aren't doing anything. It is much more appealing than a short P & O cruise and not having to have a vaccination is good for me as being under 50 (just 😀) I'm not going to get both for a few months.

Anybody know when they go on sale?

The ships are stunning. Their equivalent of the RP on Indie will blow you out of the water once you see the ceiling.  Just expect a little bit of Italian style and flair.  And of course drinks and tips included.  

I'd rather stay at home than book P&O!  Just sayin'! 

1 minute ago, Tin can said:

Thanks for that, just found my MSC loyalty match email. I'm 'Black' apparently for being Diamond, not sure what you get but might get me a bit of a discount.

Black is now called Platinum. Its a top tier. 5% discount on price, welcome back party, bubbles in cabin, a gift, and free specialty dinner for 2.  At least that is what you got in the Old World.. not sure about our New World! 

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Think we'll probably book one of the 4 night MSC when they open. We've done Musica and Magnifica so it will be great to try a new, bigger ship. 

Has anyone done any research into insurance policies that will cover these cruises? We let our usual annual one lapse last year.

Will insurance for UK only cruises be so important? I have the annual insurance linked to my nationwide account and I know they have made some covid adjustments 

Just now, little britain said:

The ships are stunning. Their equivalent of the RP on Indie will blow you out of the water once you see the ceiling.  Just expect a little bit of Italian style and flair.  And of course drinks and tips included.  

I'd rather stay at home than book P&O!  Just sayin'! 

Sounds very interesting thanks, I'm not sure what to expect to be honest. I have heard the same about the visual appearance of the ships but also read some very divided opinions on here about them

I am exactly the same as you regarding P & O, it wouldn't be for us at all. I like the American flair of Royal, it would be too much like home for me cruising with them but each to their own I guess.

6 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Thanks for that, just found my MSC loyalty match email. I'm 'Black' apparently for being Diamond, not sure what you get but might get me a bit of a discount.

Black is now called Diamond. Not sure what benefits will apply on these cruises but there is usually a 5% price discount for all members as well as several onboard benefits.

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

Black is now called Platinum. Its a top tier. 5% discount on price, welcome back party, bubbles in cabin, a gift, and free specialty dinner for 2.  At least that is what you got in the Old World.. not sure about our New World! 

That sounds really good, it will be really strange though cruising with another company. If I manage to book I'm going to have to get out of the mindset of "that's not how they do it on Royal" and experience it and enjoy it for what it is.

I just wish Royal had come to the party but even if they had I wouldn't be able to go as I won't be vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

Is Diamond not the top tier now?, when I log in that's what it says I am.

10 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Will insurance for UK only cruises be so important? I have the annual insurance linked to my nationwide account and I know they have made some covid adjustments 

DH is on some of the UK forums and some who have booked P and O have said their insurance does not cover repatriation for UK only cruises which P and O want. I haven't looked into it since ours expired and just wondered who anyone else was using. MSC say they want evidence of insurance.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Sorry, I reread your question, if you opt for FCC you lose the OBC - you might keep it if you L&S.

Thought so.

Feels like im being buggered all ways with this. Ending up back on the original ship minus the Amp at the same price we booked the Amped version. But alternative prices have been jacked up due to FCC and roll over demand. 

Guest BigRoger

What we could do with now is the intern who delivered the $18 drink package and the total nonsense re the changes to C&A benefits recently to have access to the ‘go’ button to announce Harmony to UK.... 

36 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Thought so.

Feels like im being buggered all ways with this. Ending up back on the original ship minus the Amp at the same price we booked the Amped version. But alternative prices have been jacked up due to FCC and roll over demand. 

Also, be aware that CWC stops before Summer 2022 sailings so no reprice option. 

I’ve been looking at using a US based TA to allow reprice and refundable deposits for next year but haven’t found one I like yet. 

2 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Its a wow today due to X and MSC... we've been on Preziosa, Meraviglia and Grandiosa before and have always enjoyed them.. MSC experience is a bit 'different' (or was on those ships and it could be different again with solely a UK clientele/ audience..). I rashly said days ago if its Virutosa to DW we could have yacht club.... shes been checking cabins all morning.... RC need to pull this out of the bag with ideally Harmony and before Wednesday as the trigger is going to be pulled on Thursday no question....

Yup, planning on booking YC on Thursday.... haven't spent any money on anything else in the past year! 

Interesting that the X sailings don't even start till July so if RCG did offer something I would assume the same later start date.  A chance to do both perhaps ??!!  

1 hour ago, kernow said:

DH is on some of the UK forums and some who have booked P and O have said their insurance does not cover repatriation for UK only cruises which P and O want. I haven't looked into it since ours expired and just wondered who anyone else was using. MSC say they want evidence of insurance.

On their current Europe sailings, MSC's own insurance is only €28pp so even if you do have private insurance it is worth taking theirs at that cost I think. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

On their current Europe sailings, MSC's own insurance is only €28pp so even if you do have private insurance it is worth taking theirs at that cost I think. 

That sounds good and no chance of them saying your insurance does not cover what they require.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Also, be aware that CWC stops before Summer 2022 sailings so no reprice option. 

I’ve been looking at using a US based TA to allow reprice and refundable deposits for next year but haven’t found one I like yet. 

Yeh i did see that and wonder how it worked. The only way i can see of winning here is basically buying all the drinks packages and ultimate dining package and what ever and then getting the 125% credit for cruise planner purchases. Might add up to a few hundred dollars in additional credit to spend on board for something id have bought anyway

2 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Yeh i did see that and wonder how it worked. The only way i can see of winning here is basically buying all the drinks packages and ultimate dining package and what ever and then getting the 125% credit for cruise planner purchases. Might add up to a few hundred dollars in additional credit to spend on board for something id have bought anyway

Maybe book the cruise you want for 2021 and wait for them to cancel and get the L&S you want that way. There’s an element of risk but you could take FCC if the cancellation doesn’t fall your way. 

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Worth a go. Beautiful stylish ships. Don’t forget to do your status match before you book! 

I’ve just tried to complete the Status Match info on the MSC website and it’s requesting a scan of my current membership card. DH and I have been DIamond Plus members for several years now but don’t ever remember receiving actual cards.

Anyone else experienced the same problem and how did you resolve it?

21 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Maybe book the cruise you want for 2021 and wait for them to cancel and get the L&S you want that way. There’s an element of risk but you could take FCC if the cancellation doesn’t fall your way. 

Sorry i must not have been clear. 

Im forced to L&S to Allure but would rather sail on Odyssey but cant L&S even though both are Med cruises for7 days. 

So its either L&S Allure and bag some free credit or take a hit and spend more to get on Odyssey with no free credit.

2 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’ve just tried to complete the Status Match info on the MSC website and it’s requesting a scan of my current membership card. DH and I have been DIamond Plus members for several years now but don’t ever remember receiving actual cards.

Anyone else experienced the same problem and how did you resolve it?

I sent them an image from the RCCL showing my level/points.

They mapped my Diamond Plus to Gold - not sure if this is correct.

Good luck.

10 minutes ago, harrinp1 said:

I sent them an image from the RCCL showing my level/points.

They mapped my Diamond Plus to Gold - not sure if this is correct.

Good luck.

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a go 👍

11 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

Sorry i must not have been clear. 

Im forced to L&S to Allure but would rather sail on Odyssey but cant L&S even though both are Med cruises for7 days. 

So its either L&S Allure and bag some free credit or take a hit and spend more to get on Odyssey with no free credit.

I am also on Harmony this year and if cancelled i want to lift and shift to Odyssey.  Are we only allowed to shift to Allure even though both sail from Rome?