Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

1 hour ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Anthem UK Itineraries:

For anyone wondering, here are the itineraries for Anthem’s 2021 UK Cruises, according to the Royal App. The first sailing departs on 7th July, with the last departing on 29th August. 😀

7th July - 4 Night Ocean Getaway Cruise (No Ports)

11th July - 4 Night Ocean Getaway Cruise (No Ports)

15th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

20th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Greenock, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

25th July - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

1st August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

7th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Greenock, Scotland)

15th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Inverness, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Greenock, Scotland)

23rd August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland)

29th August - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

That’s great' thank you for taking the time to post.

7 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Anthem UK Itineraries:

For anyone wondering, here are the itineraries for Anthem’s 2021 UK Cruises, according to the Royal App. The first sailing departs on 7th July, with the last departing on 29th August. 😀

15th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

20th July - 5 Night British Isles Cruise (Greenock, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

25th July - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Kirkwall, Scotland)

1st August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

7th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Greenock, Scotland)

15th August - 8 Night British Isles Cruise (Inverness, Scotland -> Kirkwall, Scotland -> Liverpool, England -> Greenock, Scotland)

23rd August - 6 Night British Isles Cruise (Liverpool, England -> Belfast, Northern Ireland)

29th August - 7 Night British Isles Cruise (Belfast, Northern Ireland -> Liverpool, England)

At 30 I doubt I will be vaccinated in time for any of these cruises. Are they asking for two vaccines?

I would book if there is a policy that states if you don’t get a vaccine in time you get a refund. We are desperate to get on a cruise we are 1 point from diamond plus and have been stuck for over 1 year now 😂

Nice that RCL are now cruising at last. However a cruise around the UK is not for me. My job has moved me around the UK so i know it well and there are lovely places to visit, however For me i would prefer chasing the sun. 

Hope all those who go enjoy the holiday though

1 hour ago, Static events said:

At 30 I doubt I will be vaccinated in time for any of these cruises. Are they asking for two vaccines?

I would book if there is a policy that states if you don’t get a vaccine in time you get a refund. We are desperate to get on a cruise we are 1 point from diamond plus and have been stuck for over 1 year now 😂

The terms and conditions read “ fully vaccinated “ so I would imagine that’s two jabs.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Nice that RCL are now cruising at last. However a cruise around the UK is not for me. My job has moved me around the UK so i know it well and there are lovely places to visit, however For me i would prefer chasing the sun. 

Hope all those who go enjoy the holiday though

Not for me either. I would also be worried that all of these Staycation cruises will turn into booze cruises - a lot of these staycation cruises will be all inclusive and a combination of poor weather and being stuck on board will result in excessive drinking. Don’t get me wrong I like a drink but the thought of my fellow brits hitting the bar at 10am makes me worried that things could soon turn pretty ugly.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Not for me either. I would also be worried that all of these Staycation cruises will turn into booze cruises - a lot of these staycation cruises will be all inclusive and a combination of poor weather and being stuck on board will result in excessive drinking. Don’t get me wrong I like a drink but the thought of my fellow brits hitting the bar at 10am makes me worried that things could soon turn pretty ugly.

A very good point tbh. And potential to be a booze cruise sadly.....

39 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

They don’t sell the AI drinks package on the short cruises from the UK any more because if this. I guess they can extend “short” to cover the 5d cruises too.

10 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Anthem UK Itineraries:

Thanks for posting - 7th or 15th August will suit us!

17 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Thank you so much for the link. Although we’re usually loyal to RC, I really like the look of the Virtuosa and I would guess the prices are going to be a lot lower than on the Anthem in the summer.

I’m currently waiting for an email cancelling Anthem on 4th June but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for 9th October (Canary Islands) which was a L&S from last year.

Here is a comparison for you.

I just priced out MSC Virtuosa Liverpool departure 31st August , 7 night cruise .
Fantastica Accessible balcony cabin, premium drinks package and tips included 

£2088.10 total for a couple . That is with our Voyager club discount .

Edited by heatherb1958

1 hour ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

I made that exact comment on the Princess social media board  as they are selling their seacations as All inclusive. MSC too.

It is human nature , we all do it when we are on a land based holiday , the weather is rubbish and what do we do ? Find a bar with internet and have a drink , but not to excess I may add 😆. With a drinks package it is very easy too as the crew keep coming to check on you and get you a refill if you want one or not ! 😆.

16 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

I made that exact comment on the Princess social media board  as they are selling their seacations as All inclusive. MSC too.

It is human nature , we all do it when we are on a land based holiday , the weather is rubbish and what do we do ? Find a bar with internet and have a drink , but not to excess I may add 😆. With a drinks package it is very easy too as the crew keep coming to check on you and get you a refill if you want one or not ! 😆.

Really, in recent years my experiences on pretty much all the cruise lines except Crystal was that I have more often than not had to go to the bar to get a drink as there just aren't enough servers to go around...or maybe I don't grease their palms enough.Lol.

Edited by harz99

2 hours ago, little britain said:

@CaroleC

Virtuosa 4n Bella Balcony premium drinks and tips included was £1480.10 incl my Diamond discount FYI.  All drinks up to £10. 
None of the Anthem dates suited me sadly; so I have jumped ship! 

correct me if I am wrong , thought they were only doing the Premium drinks on Fantastica and above . Need to go back and check pricing for Bella !! 😆. Enjoy Virtuosa . 😎. She looks amazing and the robotic bar looks a damn sight better than Anthem’s 😂

3 hours ago, harz99 said:

Really, in recent years my experiences on pretty much all the cruise lines except Crystal was that I have more often than not had to go to the bar to get a drink as there just aren't enough servers to go around...or maybe I don't grease their palms enough.Lol.

No greasing of palms required , in fact extra tipping on MSC is not required at all , if you do give them an extra tip at the end of the cruise even though tips are included already for UK guests they are quite shocked .

Edited by heatherb1958

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

correct me if I am wrong , thought they were only doing the Premium drinks on Fantastica and above . Need to go back and check pricing for Bella !! 😆. Enjoy Virtuosa . 😎. She looks amazing and the robotic bar looks a damn sight better than Anthem’s 😂

Nope definitely included on Bella! No need to buy any higher and with only 1000 on board the first sailings, no need to buy YC to escape!!

Am looking forward to trying the barman! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I've just received an email from RCI warning me that the 'sale' on cruise planner purchases for my 4th June Anthem sailing is about to end.

Regards,

Cublet

So did I.   Strange how they can send that out but still no cancellation notification!!

4 hours ago, little britain said:

@CaroleC

Virtuosa 4n Bella Balcony premium drinks and tips included was £1480.10 incl my Diamond discount FYI.  All drinks up to £10. 
None of the Anthem dates suited me sadly; so I have jumped ship! 

You did extremely well to get that we paid more than that and had to book Fantastica experience to get the premium drinks packages and gratuities included.

I’m sure in the booking conditions it says only on Fanastica experience and above.

But again we’ll done to you.