Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

6 hours ago, Disney-daft said:

Does anyone know what passenger limit RCI is placing on numbers for these sailings? I’d be interested to know if they are doing similar to MSC with 1000 on the first couple.

Welcome to CC.

Anthem can hold well over 50% of its capacity without using insides and ocean view cabins - I'd imagine they'll limit capacity to balconies only, so maybe up to about 2500 passengers. Quantum, Anthem's sister, is typically sailing with less than 2,000. 

7 hours ago, Disney-daft said:

Does anyone know what passenger limit RCI is placing on numbers for these sailings? I’d be interested to know if they are doing similar to MSC with 1000 on the first couple.

1000 limit is set by UK Government until

June 21st. 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

1000 limit is set by UK Government until

June 21st. 

The cruising advice on the UK govt pages hasn't changed. The roadmap says overnight domestic stays allowed from 17 May and indoor events up to 1000, with no limit after 21June. 

Depends if the cruise lines are abiding by the rules of the country they are sailing from or going even stricter. 

I guess all venues have to be covid secure even after 21june? 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, Static events said:

The ship will feel totally empty with 1000 guests. 

I am actually looking forward to seeing  what a big ship feels like at 50% capacity or less 

We were on Anthem from new york to bermuda last year and it was around 50% full. It was nice, lots of space by the pools, never had to queue up for the roller skating or bumper cars, The ifly was epic and fun. 

50 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We were on Anthem from new york to bermuda last year and it was around 50% full. It was nice, lots of space by the pools, never had to queue up for the roller skating or bumper cars, The ifly was epic and fun. 

yeh it will be great! 

Anyone know what types of rooms there are on Anthem which hold a family of 5 comfortably?

Anything like the extra large spacious balconies on oasis class?

We decided to book one of these cruises  and mentioned it to some family members (some of whom have never cruised before) and we are currently require 7 rooms with potentially more to come!

It did occur to me if these Anthem cruises sell out quickly what is to stop RC adding another ship?

5 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Anyone know what types of rooms there are on Anthem which hold a family of 5 comfortably?

We decided to book one of these cruises  and mentioned it to some family members (some of whom have never cruised before) and we are currently require 7 rooms with potentially more to come!

It did occur to me if these Anthem cruises sell out quickly what is to stop RC adding another ship?

I was looking at this previously. I don’t think there is a ‘family room’ that will accommodate 5 without getting into very expensive suites. To me it’s a glaring omission. We don’t sail on this class of ship as a result. 

19 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

The hassle of setting up a ship for COVID protocols - if demand is high, they'll just raise prices.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The hassle of setting up a ship for COVID protocols - if demand is high, they'll just raise prices.

You might be right lol!

Though the opportunity to get another ship into service would also be a big consideration. 

28 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I was looking at this previously. I don’t think there is a ‘family room’ that will accommodate 5 without getting into very expensive suites. To me it’s a glaring omission. We don’t sail on this class of ship as a result. 

Its for some family members.

Will have a look at 2room options.

3 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Though the opportunity to get another ship into service would also be a big consideration. 

That opportunity is quickly slipping away - anything out of the UK market for this summer would have to be marketed very soon.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Never stayed in them but I believe there are some Junior Suites that hold 5 on deck 8 and 9.  They have the 5+ symbol.  I think they have a pullman on top of the sofa bed, so it's something you can verify.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That opportunity is quickly slipping away - anything out of the UK market for this summer would have to be marketed very soon.

Yep , would have to be within the next couple of weeks I imagine.

1 minute ago, Trixie21 said:

Yep , would have to be within the next couple of weeks I imagine.

I think it will depend on how they fill anthem. Demand is there, a lot of people will try RCL for the first time, have spare money to spend (no holidays last year or going out etc)

Wont take long to get into service as most ships should have been covid secure by now.

But i do think they will need to change the area it sails. Not around the uk but out to sea, maybe south to follow the sun a bit. 

On 4/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, heatherb1958 said:

Here is a comparison for you.

I just priced out MSC Virtuosa Liverpool departure 31st August , 7 night cruise .
Fantastica Accessible balcony cabin, premium drinks package and tips included 

£2088.10 total for a couple . That is with our Voyager club discount .

I am a firm believer things happen for a reason. 

I checked out the pricing again with a well known UK TA , they were showing same date much cheaper than MSC and with our loyalty discount it was  £1718 total  for a bella balcony,premium drinks and tips. Sorry RCI but  MSC win again for us. Snooze you lose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I checked out the pricing again with a well known UK TA , they were showing same date much cheaper than MSC and with our loyalty discount it was  £1718 total  for a bella balcony,premium drinks and tips. Sorry RCI but  MSC win again for us. Snooze you lose.

Good deal but I am loyal to royal... tried many other lines and keep coming back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Static events said:

Good deal but I am loyal to royal... tried many other lines and keep coming back 

We were loyal to Royal for a very very long time , Bigeck can vouch for that 😆 , sure the  grass isn’t always greener on the other side , tried Costa on their brand new ship Smeralda last January, had a great cruise on a  gorgeous ship but the food was dire . At the end of the day we vote with our wallet now as there so many choices out there , never had a bad cruise yet with MSC . 

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

We were loyal to Royal for a very very long time , Bigeck can vouch for that 😆 , sure the  grass isn’t always greener on the other side , tried Costa on their brand new ship Smeralda last January, had a great cruise on a  gorgeous ship but the food was dire . At the end of the day we vote with our wallet now as there so many choices out there , never had a bad cruise yet with MSC . 

I can that.

You and John don't need anymore points, but I want to make good use of the double points promotion.

With all the changes that might happen, it might not be worth being loyal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

I get that and I am wondering if it is worth trying a different line again.  

my auntie who we call the cruise queen because she has been on so many picks cruises based on price, maybe that’s the trick. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

Good deal! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

Good deal! 

I can beat that! 😁

£1,314 total for a Fantastica balcony with premium drinks package and grats. The price did include 30% NHS discount though + 5% Gold membership discount (I’d previously status matched our RC Diamond Plus membership).

We’re excited to be sailing on a new ship and actually looking forward to trying out a new (for us) cruiseline.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaroleC said:

I can beat that! 😁

£1,314 total for a Fantastica balcony with premium drinks package and grats. The price did include 30% NHS discount though + 5% Gold membership discount (I’d previously status matched our RC Diamond Plus membership).

We’re excited to be sailing on a new ship and actually looking forward to trying out a new (for us) cruiseline.

Great deal and thank you for your service in the NHS , you deserve it , well done 👏 👏