Restrictions that reduces the FUN

ledges1

It’s an exciting time , things continue to evolve. I Truly believe we will see difference in approach in different lines.

Cruising has always been market driven and I’m waiting for the approach, procedures to make a decision who and when I sail.

perhaps a line I chose not to sail in the past might now seem appealing .

I have my eye on a couple lines .

I hopeful we will Have a clearer picture in 2 to 3 months .

On 3/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, simplelife said:

I personally very little that would affect my experience. I'd sacrifice these things if it meant I could cruise again.

Agreed....

I haven't read the whole thread but for the wife and I, our cruise days most consist of wake up, gym, breakfast, pool deck, eat and drink all day until dinner then maybe catch a show.

For our style of cruising, I would hate to have to make reservations or get assigned a time at the fitness center.

Beyond that, we really don't think my wife and I would need to be six feet apart when on the pool deck as some vlogs have discussed.

In addition, there has been some discussion of reserving chairs on the pool deck....I really don't want to have to deal with that or be assigned an outdoor pool area.

If they are going to require me to get vaccinated and then test me before boarding then I expect it to be "normal" once I board.  If it isn't then I am not going.  Not going to spend money to continue to be controlled.  I will stay home if that's the case and wait until everyone gets back to their senses before cruising again.... if they are not all run out of business by then. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, tkportersat said:

If they are going to require me to get vaccinated and then test me before boarding then I expect it to be "normal" once I board.  If it isn't then I am not going.  Not going to spend money to continue to be controlled.  I will stay home if that's the case and wait until everyone gets back to their senses before cruising again.... if they are not all run out of business by then. 

Even though nothing has been officially announced yet from Carnival, it looks like you will not be going if you think that cruising is going to be like it was in 2019 right off the bat when the ships return to service.

What do you mean by "wait until everyone gets back to their senses"?

Edited by SNJCruisers

The evolution of Covid has changed the way we relate, cope, pray, do business and interact in our World. Why would cruising not follow the pedigree and change to accommodate/protect it's passengers and crew? 

We are all supposed to be Carnival Cruise Nuts here. We should trust our entity to do what's best and right for our safety. Maybe we will all be forced to take a "real" vacation and not "pre-plan" every step but just "Enjoy The Ride" as Carnival Has Planned It.   

• Like 2

I am enjoying the ride.  If it means a vaccine,  temp checks, masks, then so be it.  If we want to cruise we have to follow what the lines ask.  I stayed at hotels all this week taking my daughter to visit 7 colleges in 6 days . we followed the policies that each university, town,  and hotel wanted. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

99% survival rate...But the Politicians and Media have so overblown everything people have been scared in to staying in their homes, avoiding family/friends and believing a cloth mask will block the virus.  Quite scary how quickly it all happened.  

So I have to assume then that you're not getting the vaccine?

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So I have to assume then that you're not getting the vaccine?

Honestly not sure yet.  I'm not an anti-vaxxer typically.  I just know a lot of people are getting rich off this whole deal while others are losing their businesses and livelihood.  We still have not seen the long term implications of what this shut down has caused. 

Just now, tkportersat said:

Honestly not sure yet.  I'm not an anti-vaxxer typically.  I just know a lot of people are getting rich off this whole deal while others are losing their businesses and livelihood.  We still have not seen the long term implications of what this shut down has caused. 

No question about it.  I have had the two shots from Moderna and feel a bit safer and looking forward to 8 nights in Punta Cana at Excellence El Carmen in June. 

It sucks how the restaurant industry has been devastated over the past 13 months.  1/3 of the restaurants in NJ have gone under. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

No question about it.  I have had the two shots from Moderna and feel a bit safer and looking forward to 8 nights in Punta Cana at Excellence El Carmen in June. 

It sucks how the restaurant industry has been devastated over the past 13 months.  1/3 of the restaurants in NJ have gone under. 

It's really awful...If this goes on much longer I am not sure if the Cruise Industry will survive, not all the lines for sure.  NCL has always struggled.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, we've been looking at doing a similar trip. Are they still expecting you to have a negative covid test on the way back in if you've gotten both shots? 

34 minutes ago, tkportersat said:

This seems the exact reason TO get the vaccine. Lets get this pandemic behind us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nerdluck said:

So, we've been looking at doing a similar trip. Are they still expecting you to have a negative covid test on the way back in if you've gotten both shots? 

Yes...at all of the 4 & 5 star resorts in the DR as well as Cancun/Riviera Maya area they are providing the test a few days beforehand.  If by some chance it comes up positive they will put you and your party up for free for 14 days and provide room service.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I am enjoying the ride.  If it means a vaccine,  temp checks, masks, then so be it.  If we want to cruise we have to follow what the lines ask.  I stayed at hotels all this week taking my daughter to visit 7 colleges in 6 days . we followed the policies that each university, town,  and hotel wanted. 

Moms always know best. Bless you.

3 hours ago, stellarose said:

Wishing your daughter the best of luck with her college choices. I was wondering how colleges and prospective students would be doing these visits with the Covid restrictions. I had thought most would go virtual, but I guess I was wrong.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Wishing your daughter the best of luck with her college choices. I was wondering how colleges and prospective students would be doing these visits with the Covid restrictions. I had thought most would go virtual, but I guess I was wrong.

most are hybrid or virtual we saw. Son is a freshman at Penn State . yes he is in a dorm with a roommate .  most classes online.  Most schools we saw had students but classes are hybrid (in person and online). Masks most definitely a must on campus.  we were prepared. I work with a sorority chapter at ESU and Washington College- both schools were completely online in the fall and spring. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stellarose said:

most are hybrid or virtual we saw. Son is a freshman at Penn State . yes he is in a dorm with a roommate .  most classes online.  Most schools we saw had students but classes are hybrid (in person and online). Masks most definitely a must on campus.  we were prepared. I work with a sorority chapter at ESU and Washington College- both schools were completely online in the fall and spring. 

Thanks. I remember when we took our son (who somehow is not in his 40s) on college visits. He definitely fell in love with the school that he eventually attended as an undergrad. I am still amazed by that as it was a totally dreary, rainy day when we were visited. At another school, one of the admission counselors recognized me. He was from our hometown, and he recognized me as I had been an umpire for some of his little league baseball games. Small world. 😉

On 3/7/2021 at 5:45 AM, FSHLOT said:

It's really hard to have "FUN" when you cant see other peoples facial expressions. That might not be a big deal to some, but it means a lot to me. 

I have to admit I have seen some people on cruises that I wish that at that time there was a mask requirement.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, SNJCruisers said:

Yes...at all of the 4 & 5 star resorts in the DR as well as Cancun/Riviera Maya area they are providing the test a few days beforehand.  If by some chance it comes up positive they will put you and your party up for free for 14 days and provide room service.

Same with Mexico. We already had it so werent worried anyway, but the free test plus free quarantine is a nice safety net just in case. Couple trips to Mexico AIs in the past year and they have been awesome

On 3/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, joeyancho said:

I agree with what you say. I think of my own self and how I feel when I see someone without a mask. It certainly has changed us. And not for the better.

Mask vs. no mask conflicts will probably be raging. As someone who derives pleasure from people watching on a cruise,  I consider this a nice entertainment bonus.

• Haha 3

While I'm not in any way excited about getting the vaccine, I do look forward to returning to cruising on one of the sailings originating outside of the US... I also HATE these dang masks, but if it gets me back on the ship, then it's just something that I'm going to have to do for now... Hopefully, these cruises from the Caribbean on NCL, Royal, and Celebrity will prove successful, and we'll all be able to cruise again from the US sooner than later... 

9 hours ago, Decali said:

Mask vs. no mask conflicts will probably be raging. As someone who derives pleasure from people watching on a cruise,  I consider this a nice entertainment bonus.

Agree somewhat. Sounds like fun in theory but I'll pass. Have zero interest in a overly stressful conflict cruise with two camps waging war from their high horses.High drama is cool for a little while, 7 days of it is too much for me though.  

I, as well as most of the 10 people in my party, are in agreement that whatever conditions are put in place, we will comply. As our October cruise on the Mardi Gras has been booked for almost 1 1/2 years, we just want to cruise! Yes, it will be different, just let us on the ship!