Just rebooked.....finally

So as we are experiencing what might be the first nice day in Connecticut this year (almost 60deg) I couldnt stand it  anymore.

Carnival Magic...out of new york...7-6-2022.....not sure how i can POSSIBLY wait that long, but its what i gotta do 🙂

I expect everything virus related to be long over by then, and i really hope cruising is "normal" again.

They cancelled the one i had booked for this July, so i took advantage of the $600 onboard credit with the rebook deal....

Fingers are crossed 🙂

• Like 2

Can't understand that----we've had many nice days in CT, most of them below freezing and snowy but I guess it depends on your point of view!

After 6 cancelled cruises we're still hoping for our August out of Baltimore 2021 (33% chance)

and our October 31 (14 day) from Baltimore (15% chance).

We're giving our 3 in 2022 a 55% chance.

We've had our deposits, payments and OBCs transferred so many times I feel the FBI may check us out for money laundering!

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

We're giving our 3 in 2022 a 55% chance.

I think your two for 2021 out of Baltimore are toast, but why are you so pessimistic about your three in 2022 only being at 55%?

8 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

75 here in Florida, still hoping on our July Mardi Gras this year.

Don't see it.  I'm keeping fingers crossed about our Halloween MG cruise.  Test cruises in late June, followed by 60 day mandated CDC order, short cruises by Labor Day, followed by full week cruises October 1.  This is with no hiccups along the way.

15 hours ago, Scottycruisin said:

I expect everything virus related to be long over by then,

and I really hope cruising is "normal" again.

Gosh, you're optimistic!

I fully expect Covid-19/20/21 to drag on into /22 and maybe even /23

mainly due to folks getting fed up, and breaching protocols

but I hope you're right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think your two for 2021 out of Baltimore are toast, but why are you so pessimistic about your three in 2022 only being at 55%?

One is a 10 day Alaska cruise in May------Canada extended its no cruise ships allowed to dock into early 22 already.

The other 2 are B2B 14 days in Feb./Mar and the CDC is iffy to change their 7 day regulation with European cruses having problems.

I thought that a better than 1 in 2 chance was being fairly optimistic 😉

5 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Gosh, you're optimistic!

but I hope you're right.

I hope you're right. I'm getting a little fed up and we're planning two land vacations. One to San Diego and one to Las Vegas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Gosh, you're optimistic!

but I hope you're right.

I would agree that 2021 is iffy but there will be sailing before the years end.  I don't see a need for "protocols" in 2022 at all.  But then if you are talking government over reach that may be possible.  You may need to back off MSM a bit.

• Like 1

All i know is that my appointment times open on 3-22 @ 8:00 a.m. for my vaccination.  I fully plan on being on the phone at 7:59 to book the first available slot.  I should be fully vaccinated by mid-May...depending on the first time available to me.

I can imagine at LEAST 90% of the population will get the vaccination...and perhaps that will be mandatory to go on a cruise?  

I sure cant see this being an issue 15 months from now....pending mutation of course...

Still hopeful!!!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 12:09 PM, Scottycruisin said:

All i know is that my appointment times open on 3-22 @ 8:00 a.m. for my vaccination.  I fully plan on being on the phone at 7:59 to book the first available slot.  I should be fully vaccinated by mid-May...depending on the first time available to me.

I can imagine at LEAST 90% of the population will get the vaccination...and perhaps that will be mandatory to go on a cruise?  

I sure cant see this being an issue 15 months from now....pending mutation of course...

Still hopeful!!!

yeah once you get the first appointment  they assign you the second at the center where you are getting the shot at .  Piece of advice, get it in the arm you DONT sleep on.  it will hurt the first night and laying on it will wake you up.   

But right now the polls are saying 60 percent plan on the vaccine which is up from 40 percent 6 months ago.  my neighbors on both sides are not planning on getting the vaccine.  It is there right of course but I now got both shots of Pfizer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mredandchis said:

yeah once you get the first appointment  they assign you the second at the center where you are getting the shot at .  Piece of advice, get it in the arm you DONT sleep on.  it will hurt the first night and laying on it will wake you up.   

But right now the polls are saying 60 percent plan on the vaccine which is up from 40 percent 6 months ago.  my neighbors on both sides are not planning on getting the vaccine.  It is there right of course but I now got both shots of Pfizer. 

I wish I had another arm then, I tend to switch from side to side during the night. I get my first shot on the 18th and DW gets hers the 25th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

Hearing that the Moderna Vaccine should be avoided if possible as it causes the more severe after effects? Can anyone speak to this talk?

I haven't heard that. In fact, I have heard the after-effects of Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are about the same and vary considerably from person to person. They are very similar vaccines. I had my second Moderna vaccine a week ago. Like the first jab, I had a very sore arm for a couple of days. Also, after the second jab, I had chills that developed 12 hours after the injection and lasted about 8 hours. Otherwise, fine: no fever, no fatigue, no body aches. But everyone is different. I took the Moderna because that was what was offered. No regrets!

On 3/9/2021 at 2:40 PM, Scottycruisin said:

So as we are experiencing what might be the first nice day in Connecticut this year (almost 60deg) I couldnt stand it  anymore.

Carnival Magic...out of new york...7-6-2022.....not sure how i can POSSIBLY wait that long, but its what i gotta do 🙂

I expect everything virus related to be long over by then, and i really hope cruising is "normal" again.

They cancelled the one i had booked for this July, so i took advantage of the $600 onboard credit with the rebook deal....

Fingers are crossed 🙂

I know the feeling we had 70 in NYC Tuesday. I rebooked Magic for July 18, 2022 when our Magic for August 23, 2021 was cancelled last year.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, jetsfan58 said:

Hearing that the Moderna Vaccine should be avoided if possible as it causes the more severe after effects? Can anyone speak to this talk?

My sister got the Moderna and had chills, fever, headache and muscle pain. I had both of the Pfizers and only had soreness in the arm for 1 day both times, the same with a couple of my friends who also had Pfizer.

• 2 weeks later...

Since people asked....I got my first Moderna shot on Saturday.  It was an absolute breeze!!

I did have the tiniest amount of arm soreness...but at my age..i kinda always have that! haha.

If i didnt know i had gotten the vaccine, i would not have thought at all about the arm soreness.

I had a friend who also got the moderna Saturday (and she is VERY sensitive).  She had some arm soreness that she equated to "a few midgets punching your arm"

Certainly nothing we could not handle...and happy to have round one over!!

Good Luck everyone 🙂

I had the fist dose of Moderna and my arm felt like it had been hit with a baseball bat. Also had fever, headache and tiredness for about 36 hours. Not looking forward to my second Moderna dose. My DH had first dose of Pfizer with no side effects. 🙄

57 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I had the fist dose of Moderna and my arm felt like it had been hit with a baseball bat. Also had fever, headache and tiredness for about 36 hours. Not looking forward to my second Moderna dose. My DH had first dose of Pfizer with no side effects. 🙄

Well, if the nurse injected it with her fist that's pretty understandable that your arm hurts.