Is $500 worth a 'clean' reservation?

I have the option to lift and shift a 2021 cruise (7 night balcony Alaska) to 2022 which would price protect it  OR I can book the exact same cruise under a new reservation for $ 500 more (and take a refund for the 2021 deposit).  I'm trying to decide if having a cruise without 'old baggage' is worth $ 500 ....

11 minutes ago, Bucket29 said:

I have the option to lift and shift a 2021 cruise (7 night balcony Alaska) to 2022 which would price protect it  OR I can book the exact same cruise under a new reservation for $ 500 more (and take a refund for the 2021 deposit).  I'm trying to decide if having a cruise without 'old baggage' is worth $ 500 ....

Definitely not... To me that would seem like flushing $500 down the commode.  If you are committed to cruising Alaska next season I see no reason not to lift and shift an existing res.  Prices are definitely higher next year.

• Like 3

Agree with Tree_Skier.   Why pay $500 for the same crusie you can book with the  L&S are cancelling?   What old baggage in regards to a crusie reservation?

If you are on the fence about a future crusie, I would take the money, and then rebook  what ever you want when you are ready.   Some might say to take the  125%  FCC and rebook when ready.  Either way. 

good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

The only benefit to you is that it leaves your new reservation fully cash refundable if a cancelation occurs on you for that one. If you're committed to cruising eventually, whenever that may ultimately be, then it seems like a no-brainer to Lift & Shift and save the $500.

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Possibly, if it was taking a non refundable deposit and changing it to a refundable deposit if you couldn't commit 100% to the new dates then  it may be worth the $500.

But the deposit for a 7-day Alaska cruise is $500 (for two).  So the "loss" would be the same regardless.  And there would be no "gain" if they took the cruise.

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I guess what my question would be is... what would be "dirty" with this reservation? What potential pitfalls could you see with this?

That's what I'm trying to figure out- I don't see any obvious pitfalls and just curious if anyone can foresee any .... I could definitely put the $ 500 to good use ... I'm thinking drink package 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucket29 said:

That's what I'm trying to figure out- I don't see any obvious pitfalls and just curious if anyone can foresee any .... I could definitely put the $ 500 to good use ... I'm thinking drink package 😉

Lift and shift and buy yourself the drink package sounds like a good plan. 🙂