Is there any sign of integrating silversea into Captains Club?

Alakegirl

At the suggestion of my TA, I looked at Silversea. I normally cruise solo and generally book a Sky Suite. I have an 11- night Caribbean cruise, on SS, booked for next January. The up charge for a solo was 125%, not the 200% X charges.  I am spending less $ for the 11- night cruise than I would have for 7-nights on X. I am in a Superior Veranda suite which is slightly smaller than Sky Suite- marble bathroom, shower and separate tub, butler service, beverages, wi-fi, gratuities included. From what I can piece together from various discussion groups, extra tipping is not expected and only on very rare occasions. There is a self-service laundry on each deck. Once you leave the cabin, everyone is equal- no restaurants or lounges are off limits.

The additional cost to sail as a solo varies, depending on the itinerary. On the really unusual itineraries, a solo may be charged 200%. This was booked almost a year out, so no waiting til after final payment to maybe find an X sailing with less than 200%. I will certainly look at SS if Celebrity’s prices continue to skyrocket.

The point to this is that CC points, if you sail in a suite, are not a factor. I really don’t care if there is reciprocity between the lines. For me, the cost savings outweighs collecting points as I will never make Zenith.

Edited by Straughn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Miaminice said:

This is kind of like the phrase: if you have to ask how much it is, it’s too expensive for you 😉

If you want to cruise Silversea and ask for goodies like the free bag of laundry etc., you are playing in the wrong league. 

I don't expect anything from SS - they have their own program and customers already in it.  I would just like to get some upside from X Elite status that I stayed in the company category.  Points are cheap and many never really get that far anyway to make a difference.  

I have stayed at many Marriotts (where I am someone) and it is very rare not to get some points no matter what grade hotel.  You really just get the room and that is that - ok by me.  Keeps me loyal and when I do have a question, they can see that I am someone worth going a slightly extra mile for 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Straughn said:

At the suggestion of my TA, I looked at Silversea. I normally cruise solo and generally book a Sky Suite. I have an 11- night Caribbean cruise, on SS, booked for next January. The up charge for a solo was 125%, not the 200% X charges.  I am spending less $ for the 11- night cruise than I would have for 7-nights on X. I am in a Superior Veranda suite which is slightly smaller than Sky Suite- marble bathroom, shower and separate tub, butler service, beverages, wi-fi, gratuities included. From what I can piece together from various discussion groups, extra tipping is not expected and only on very rare occasions. There is a self-service laundry on each deck. Once you leave the cabin, everyone is equal- no restaurants or lounges are off limits.

The additional cost to sail as a solo varies, depending on the itinerary. On the really unusual itineraries, a solo may be charged 200%. This was booked almost a year out, so no waiting til after final payment to maybe find an X sailing with less than 200%. I will certainly look at SS if Celebrity’s prices continue to skyrocket.

The point to this is that CC points, if you sail in a suite, are not a factor. I really don’t care if there is reciprocity between the lines. For me, the cost savings outweighs collecting points as I will never make Zenith.

would love to see your thoughts on SS after your January cruise with them

On 3/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Celebrity cruisers should be reminded there is a dress code on Silver Seas.   Celebrity cruisers will need to pack differently if they cruise on Silver Seas.

Perhaps Silversea will update their dress code policy to become more relaxed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Perhaps Silversea will update their dress code policy to become more relaxed.

Yes and they will also lower their price and put belly flop competitions on their daily planner.😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...

We sailed on Azamara when it was still part of the Royal Caribbean group, and earned Captains Club points - Azamara's loyalty program was not just reciprocal, but you actually earned CC points sailing on her ships.  As you all know, Azamara is no longer part of the Royal Caribbean group, but we of course still get their ads.  They have a world cruise in 2024 which looks appealing.  But, so too does Silver Sea.  We are well into the final third of Elite Plus, and a world cruise would definitely get us to Zenith.  If we earned Captains Club points on Silver Sea, which currently is not happening, we would hands down sail Silver Sea.  I agree with many of the above posters, that Royal Caribbean should try to keep their customers "in house".......a world cruise is no small financial endeavor, and you'd think that Royal would have an eye to keeping their clients.  We're not sure what we are going to do, but if we earned CC points on Silver Sea, hands down that would be our choice.  I think Royal needs to take note.

3 hours ago, lexmiller said:

We sailed on Azamara when it was still part of the Royal Caribbean group, and earned Captains Club points - Azamara's loyalty program was not just reciprocal, but you actually earned CC points sailing on her ships.  As you all know, Azamara is no longer part of the Royal Caribbean group, but we of course still get their ads.  They have a world cruise in 2024 which looks appealing.  But, so too does Silver Sea.  We are well into the final third of Elite Plus, and a world cruise would definitely get us to Zenith.  If we earned Captains Club points on Silver Sea, which currently is not happening, we would hands down sail Silver Sea.  I agree with many of the above posters, that Royal Caribbean should try to keep their customers "in house".......a world cruise is no small financial endeavor, and you'd think that Royal would have an eye to keeping their clients.  We're not sure what we are going to do, but if we earned CC points on Silver Sea, hands down that would be our choice.  I think Royal needs to take note.

As I recall initially Azamara (or the ships) was under the Celebrity management umbrella.  Therefore when they split out, they kept the CC situation the same. As far as I recall this did not apply to the Royal Caribbean program, just the Celebrity Captain Club.  

The Silver Seas situation is very different, but I can see why it would be good for people that cruise on Silver Seas.  

44 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

As I recall initially Azamara (or the ships) was under the Celebrity management umbrella.  Therefore when they split out, they kept the CC situation the same. As far as I recall this did not apply to the Royal Caribbean program, just the Celebrity Captain Club.  

The Silver Seas situation is very different, but I can see why it would be good for people that cruise on Silver Seas.  

On 3/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, TeeRick said:

Yes and they will also lower their price and put belly flop competitions on their daily planner.😀

Regent has a very informal dress code.  No formal nights at all.  It would not be unheard of for SS to follow suit.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, Miaminice said:

This is kind of like the phrase: if you have to ask how much it is, it’s too expensive for you 😉

If you want to cruise Silversea and ask for goodies like the free bag of laundry etc., you are playing in the wrong league. 

It's like asking how much the gas costs when buying a yacht. If you have to ask, you can't afford it!

• 1 year later...

SS isn’t really all that.

I did a Med cruise with them, and probably wouldn’t choose them again.

I didn’t love the ship (I find the Celebrity ships nicer - more light and airy.

But I really wish I had earned some Captains Club points.

I’m about to book a Galapagos cruise/tour. Elites save $1,500pp and we are 37 points short.

6 hours ago, SamfromOz said:

But I really wish I had earned some Captains Club points.

I’m about to book a Galapagos cruise/tour. Elites save $1,500pp and we are 37 points short.

Are you doing the Galapagos on Celebrity or on Silversea?

On 3/11/2021 at 6:48 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Celebrity cruisers should be reminded there is a dress code on Silver Seas.   Celebrity cruisers will need to pack differently if they cruise on Silver Seas.

WHAT, no shorts and t shirts in the MDR????

Next you are going to tell me they have unlimited prime rib, prime steaks, beef wellington and more than one lobster tail on SS, unbelievable!! Please don't tell me room service is free too!!!

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 2

On 3/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Yes, no men wearing hats in the dining rooms.

Also, like a lot of cruise lines, there is always a dining venue or two that is casual/informal  even on formal nights. 

On 2/26/2023 at 1:25 AM, SamfromOz said:

I did this as well but it was on one of the smaller, older ships (the Whisper).  I've not been on the newer larger ships but I'm guessing they're not only nicer but more airy.  Then again, even SS's largest ship is only 40% the size of the Beyond...so there are trade offs for sure. Personally I think there is a time and place where I'd prefer SS and same for X.