Is there any sign of integrating silversea into Captains Club?

Alakegirl

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

This has been asked on the Silversea board and posters there really don’t seem to want us!

Paraphrasing here:  I refuse to become a member of any club who will accept me, but I will take great pleasure in joining a club who does not want me.

• Like 2

Take a look at the Silversea loyalty benefits, and you'll see why it's impossible to integrate with Captain's Club.  The threshhold on Silversea is 100 nights on board, then you get 5% off the cruise fares.

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Paraphrasing here:  I refuse to become a member of any club who will accept me, but I will take great pleasure in joining a club who does not want me.

Paraphrasing Groucho Marx:  I would NEVER belong to a Club that would have me as a member!

I don't think that there is any advantage to allow X status on SS Venetian Society.  The Marriott term is "cheap elites" (staying at Fairfield Inns all the time and using status at full service hotels).  SS doesn't want that crowd clogging the aisles looking for extra benefits  - Wheres my ice cream? nonsense

That being said, there probably is some thought about the other way - having SS cruises count towards X tiers.  The Retreat pricing isn't that far off some SS cruises so there may be some advantage of X trying to get regular Retreat pax to move up.  

• Like 2

It would be a lop sided program. SS cruisers don't seem to be too concerned with scoop of gelato or a free cocktail. SS does however use the term 'all included' which we know gives some people here unfathomable angst 😬 so maybe it's a no go from both sides.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Realistically, I cannot imagine it would affect SS much.  How much crossover would there really be between a budget traveler and a luxury line?  I would think they could look at the numbers between Azamara and X to see how status in one club affects the other.

I don't think X did a real good job in even trying to connect X and Azamara cruises together.  Carnival doesnt even try to connect all their brands together - they really aren't linear, good, better best.  I could see a tie between X (especially Retreat pax) to SS.  I don't think that X is a budget line anymore - or at least they don't want to be. 

We booked a Retreat suite on Apex Baltic next year and are looking at SS for a Med cruise in 2023.  The $ are pretty close between the two.  The tier points don't mean much to me at 65 yo, but I wouldn't mind a few extra points in my X account because of the SS cruise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tfred said:

....... The tier points don't mean much to me at 65 yo, but I wouldn't mind a few extra points in my X account because of the SS cruise.  

20 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I could see celebrity cruises crossing over to SilverSea more than I can see the Reverse

As a Retreat cruiser I'd love the idea of moving over to SS to try things out and earn some CC points when I do that. A 14 night cruise @ 12 points per night (for a Royal Suite),  or a 168 points is hard to give up. 

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

As a Retreat cruiser I'd love the idea of moving over to SS to try things out and earn some CC points when I do that. A 14 night cruise @ 12 points per night (for a Royal Suite),  or a 168 points is hard to give up. 

What are those points worth to you as a Retreat cruiser?  So much is included in the suite booking that the loyalty program doesn't have much left to offer.  Especially since it never offered a discount on the cruise fare [as does MSC, Ponant, Silversea after 100 nts, etc.]

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

What are those points worth to you as a Retreat cruiser?  So much is included in the suite booking that the loyalty program doesn't have much left to offer.  Especially since it never offered a discount on the cruise fare [as does MSC, Ponant, Silversea after 100 nts, etc.]

I'm not suggesting one program is better or worse than another, nor do I believe various CC levels are providing anything extra should one choose to cruise in suites vs taking advantage of CC benefits, I'm just saying that giving up that many points in one program to try another line within the same ownership group would take some evaluation.  If they offered a one time, try it out and we'll still give you your CC points, I'd be pretty quick to jump ship and give it a sail 😉

Sorry, I still don't see why the points are worth anything to you as a Retreat booker.  Maybe you are in a different situation than me.  I used to have a reason to move up in levels, because Azamara gives you free nights when you hit Elite and Elite+ – but Elite+ on Celebrity itself, if you are booking a suite, adds very little.  But now that Azamara and Celebrity are splitting, I just don't see why points on Celebrity do me any good.

[Note that you only got the free nights on Azamara if >50% of your points came from Azamara cruises.]

Sooner or later I may hit Zenith, not that I'll get much from that but some status, and at least right now a free cruise, but by then who knows what will be offered.  I guess I just have a hard time giving up that may points when I'm still cruising in the corporate family and I'd hope they'd want me to move up so maybe I'd get some encouragement to do so.

• Like 1

if you are in a suite you are pretty much getting everything anyway - I agree.  

what I want is some priority on board for events, waitlists if I am "flying coach"  and not in a suite. Status on airlines these days is pretty much reduced to recognition when it comes to offering help.  Upgrades are hard to get, but "we can do a few things to make your flight more enjoyable, or to get home" happen enough to make status worthwhile.  Don't care about most of the Cpt club benefits quite frankly - drinks with 200 people in a room?  No thanks.  Up front seating at shows? Yes

I think some people move up the cruise food chain and look for something "better".  X should encourage those folks to stay in the family by offering some benefits (CC points) by booking SS.  Why give anyone a chance to look at Crystal or Seabourne who are worthy competitors?  SS doesnt want to poach X Retreat pax but doesnt want to lose them either.  

X ships are big and can't do the itins that SS small ships can - I could see bouncing back and forth as it is a different experience. 

• Like 2

This is kind of like the phrase: if you have to ask how much it is, it’s too expensive for you 😉

If you want to cruise Silversea and ask for goodies like the free bag of laundry etc., you are playing in the wrong league. 

• Like 2