Always Included Not Quite!

If only

Has anyone noticed that Celebrity website now has Gratuities as an extra add in?
I was checking the website for a TA & you can now choose to pay your gratuities ahead of time..

Is Celebrity doing away with Aways Included?  Funny thing is prices were even higher than last week,

it didn’t say anything was included other than meals.

Edited by If only

7 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

It's always been there. There are fares out there that will not include the gratuities. 

The website has gone back the way it was nothing other than meals are included, this for a cruise fall of 2022.

13 minutes ago, If only said:

Has anyone noticed that Celebrity website now has Gratuities as an extra add in?
I was checking the website for a TA & you can now choose to pay your gratuities ahead of time..

Is Celebrity doing away with Aways Included?  Funny thing is prices were even higher than last week,

it didn’t say anything was included other than meals.

This was already posted today 🙄

The reason is the same as the one for having to choose dining times despite having booked AQ or a suite... their IT simply sucks. No reason to interpret anything into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, If only said:

The website has gone back the way it was nothing other than meals are included, this for a cruise fall of 2022.

Agree, noticed the same. When I booked our September 2022 Summit cruise (January 2021) the AI (CBP, gratuities and WiFi) was part of the booking. Just did a mock booking for our cruise and there is a box to select to pre pay gratuities and the AI is no longer listed. Also the price is about $300.00 more than I paid.  

Edited by davekathy

I went through to the summary page and the rate code was still "Always Included NRD" so I suspect this is just another website problem.   Yet another example why I would never confirm a booking online.   I always just put it on hold, get the Guest Invoice then if all in order call Captains Club to get any questions answered/clarified and place the deposit.

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I went through to the summary page and the rate code was still "Always Included NRD" so I suspect this is just another website problem.   Yet another example why I would never confirm a booking online.   I always just put it on hold, get the Guest Invoice then if all in order call Captains Club to get any questions answered/clarified and place the deposit.

Their website is awful if you put in refundable there is nothing about All in. But I still love their ships.

Edited by If only

14 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you select refundable deposit the "Always Included NRD" doesn't show up on the summary page. Agree I would never book directly from the website. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

This was already posted today 🙄

The reason is the same as the one for having to choose dining times despite having booked AQ or a suite... their IT simply sucks. No reason to interpret anything into it.

It's probably a deliberate decision since it is possible to book without AI. Trying to build the sites to satisfy unique options for each individual booking condition for every country would cost a massive amount of money. 

If you know you have AI...don't prepay your grats. Easy.

4 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's the starting price NRD, then you are offered a refundable deposit at an upcharge.   I wouldn't trust anything you see on the Celebrity web site this weekend.   It appears they have things very messed up.

Agree, the website is CRAZY this weekend.  Tried to do a price comparison for a cruise we have booked for Oct 22, showed all available categories, when I clicked on each, "sorry this is not available"  

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's the starting price NRD, then you are offered a refundable deposit at an upcharge.   I wouldn't trust anything you see on the Celebrity web site this weekend.   It appears they have things very messed up.

Web site is usually bad , but  I have not checked it in awhile.  We have one booked cruise..not looking for anything else u til ships start to actually sail.  

Not sure of price differential but we are not interested in the NRD offers

Edited by hcat

I wasn’t looking to book, I was just checking out the pricing with cruises booked & noticed that NRD shows All In & refundable shows no perks.  I have been on many Celebrity cruises & know their website is strange but just wondering if they are upping the ante for NRD to get more bookings!

12 hours ago, If only said:

I wasn’t looking to book, I was just checking out the pricing with cruises booked & noticed that NRD shows All In & refundable shows no perks.  I have been on many Celebrity cruises & know their website is strange but just wondering if they are upping the ante for NRD to get more bookings!

It's been my recent experience that if you book with a TA, they will offer you a lower rate than is published on line and it will be with a refundable deposit at no additional charge.  I don't know if you can get an even lower rate with a NRD.

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It's been my recent experience that if you book with a TA, they will offer you a lower rate than is published on line and it will be with a refundable deposit at no additional charge.  I don't know if you can get an even lower rate with a NRD.

I need to find that TA. 

On 3/13/2021 at 4:56 PM, hcat said:

Are the all included prices all NRD?  

Not according to my TA.  I would never do a NRD especially when booking far ahead and my invoice shows the All In freebies.  I did go in and see about upgrading my drink package from Classic to Premium and was surprised to see the Premium package still listed as $69 pp per day.  As was already mentioned cruise line websites are not usually up to date.  CTBob