Indy or Mariner????

We have a 4 night on Indy booked for Dec 27-31, 2021. I have been checking my flight prices for this trip, and they're crazy high. So I started looking at alternative cruises. I found a 5 night on Mariner for Dec 31-Jan 4. It's a little higher in price than the Indy cruise, but the flights are much more reasonable for this cruise. Plus it has an extra night. The port is the same, the stops are the same. Extra cruise day with Mariner cruise. Pretty much the same room is available. Biggest con would be having to take a few days off work for DH and myself. DD will be good, she has an extra week off for college than we get.

How does Mariner compare to Indy? Would you switch ships for the extra cruise time?

Ships are almost the same in terms of amenities.  Indy is a bit bigger with an additional kids pool, and as a personal preference, I preferred Indy's shows over Mariner (Grease, and their production show Once Upon a Time...or something like that). Having said that, if you can take the extra vacation day, then I'd go with the 5 night.  Loved both ships.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

All things being equal I would pick Indy over Mariner. But in this case I would take Mariner for the extra day. The ships are very similar.

This is where I am leaning... just have to convince DH to take a few days off work 🙃

22 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

We have a 4 night on Indy booked for Dec 27-31, 2021. I have been checking my flight prices for this trip, and they're crazy high. So I started looking at alternative cruises. I found a 5 night on Mariner for Dec 31-Jan 4.

Both those are 4 night cruises.  Surprised that no one has caught that yet.

The Mariner Dec 31 has now been changed to a 4 night departing Dec. 28

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Both those are 4 night cruises.  Surprised that no one has caught that yet.

The Mariner Dec 31 has now been changed to a 4 night departing Dec. 28

That was my mistake. It was supposed to say a 5 night from Dec 31-Jan 5 (not the 4th)...but now when I look for it, I can't find that sailing! It was just there yesterday!

• Like 1

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today. Yesterday when I searched Bahamas Dec 21, I had lots of Mariner options. Today, nothing shows up that way. When I narrow it to just Mariner any destination in Dec 21, it only shows 5 night Eastern Caribbean cruises on Dec 4 and 18, and nothing else in December for Mariner... guess I should check to see if I missed something big today while I was busy...

16 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Changing flights to switch from Indy to Mariner wouldn't save any money now that the dates switched. So I think we are sticking with Indy. Until they switch the Indy dates around too 😆

At least, I don't think, you will be at all disappointed with the ship.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

At least, I don't think, you will be at all disappointed with the ship.

I know I will love Indy... I just thought I was scoring a good deal to switch ships and end up with a 5 night instead of a 4 for the same total price (including airfare). I always like to think I've got a good deal, lol!

51 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today. Yesterday when I searched Bahamas Dec 21, I had lots of Mariner options. Today, nothing shows up that way. When I narrow it to just Mariner any destination in Dec 21, it only shows 5 night Eastern Caribbean cruises on Dec 4 and 18, and nothing else in December for Mariner... guess I should check to see if I missed something big today while I was busy...

Hi,

I just got 3 Mariner cruises cancelled today by Royal. 

Might be the reason for crazy website.

They claim redeployment of Mariner.

In my case, the three Mariner cruises dropped Cozumel as a port of call.

They are focusing on Coco and Bahamas.

Good luck.

Indy is great ship, my favorite class. Enjoy 'Grease' and

don't miss the ice skating show.

3 minutes ago, Rocket3D said:

Hi,

I just got 3 Mariner cruises cancelled today by Royal. 

Might be the reason for crazy website.

They claim redeployment of Mariner.

In my case, the three Mariner cruises dropped Cozumel as a port of call.

They are focusing on Coco and Bahamas.

Good luck.

Indy is great ship, my favorite class. Enjoy 'Grease' and

don't miss the ice skating show.

Sorry about your cruise changes! Thanks for the good wishes. Honestly, at this point, I would be thrilled with any ship, any cruise. 

• Thanks 1