Luminae on Reflection?

39august

I know there are more suites on Reflection than other S class ships. How does this impact Luminae, please? We eat early, usually around 5:45, if that makes a difference. Also, can we order from the MDR menu on RF as we can on other S class ships? I am seeing a lot lower price on RF than my previously booked Sky Suite on Equinox for Jan. 2022 so thinking of changing.  I am aware there is no Retreat sun deck on RF, but that doesn't matter to us. I would kind of like to see Michael's Club before it is changed, as it was on Equinox, to Retreat Lounge. Thanks for any informatiion on suites on Reflection. 

We would always go when the Luminae would open, as we always eat early, and usually got a table for 2 by the window. However, about 60-90 minutes later when we were leaving, they were lined up waiting to be seated. Yes, you can also order from the MDR menu; although we never did.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Because of the extra suites, we found Luminae to be noisier.  We usually eat late so not sure how it would be early.

Breakfast on port days and lunch on sea days were always very busy and almost always had a wait to be seated.  
Yes you can order off the MDR menu.

Jelayne, thanks, I had not thought about lunch and breakfast. Breakfast should probably not be an issue as we wake early anyway, so are  usually  there as soon as open for breakfast.  Or we could go to the buffet for both breakfast and lunch, as  we used to love it anyway for all the selection. Thanks to all for the information. Depending on how much less RF actually turns out to be, we may opt to change.

We also dine early in Luminae.  We find it fine.  No different then the other S class ships-  We also have daily breakfast at Luminae- and sometimes lunch. You can  also order  from the regular menu or customize your dish.  If possible, they will make you specially prepared dishes, especially  if you order in advance.

We also dine at least 3 times in the Specialty restaurants for dinner.  The equinox suite deck was a disappointment- no water feature- little shade- no bar   But the staff will bring you light lunch and drinks if you want.  We found it so hot, they we never stayed up on the suite deck.

Without a doubt, the suite deck on the Edge was wonderful!  Has great features. Full bar, light lunch menu, a pool and hot tub.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We found Luminae and Michael’s Club to be very crowded and noisier compared to the other Solstice Class ships.   If we sail on the Reflection we now only eat in the Specialty restaurants at night to avoid the crowds.   With the Premium Drink Package, we also found better lounges for drinks, some even had windows.

Covepoint, yes there certainly are some venues with windows! I have peeked into Michael's before the "revolution" and it did appear dark, especially when compared with the current Retreat. Why in the heck did they cover the windows in there anyway? Re: Luminae. We are going to take our chances with our early dining habits as the Reflection b2b we are looking at is $2500 per person less than the similar Equinox b2b we were originally booked on. Been on Reflection before, in fact it was our last cruise Feb. 2020, and have no issues with anything else on her. Never noticed any venue being more crowded than Equinox venues. Thanks to all who replied.