Jewel OTS July 2022 Iceland & Ireland

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/12-night-iceland-ireland-from-amsterdam-on-jewel/JW12AMS-3283638539?sail-date=2022-07-02&currency=USD&country=USA&dates_maxDate=07%2F31%2F2022&dates_minDate=07%2F01%2F2022

I had another thread on Ireland but now ( with the encouragement of my wife) I'd like to consider Jewel of the Seas

Departure July 2 , 2022

What say any of you about this ship and this itinerary?

I love the Radiance class and have sailed on Jewel several times although in a JS and above. Great itinerary.... I have done a similar one... I wouldn't think twice about booking this one.

• Like 2

We were originally booked on Brilliance for a 12 Night Norway & Iceland cruise for late summer/early fall 2020, but it really wasn't the best timing. So when the Summer 2021 itineraries came out (pre pandy), we changed to essentially the same 12 Night Norway & Iceland Cruise for June 9th this year on Jewel. Sometime last summer or Fall, as part of their COVID response, RCI Changed a number of cruises, and that one was dropped, so we rebooked on the 9 Night Ultimate Norwegian Fjords Cruise Anthem out of Southampton, June 11th. (no more Iceland). We also had a cancelled transatlantic that we changed to a 7 Night Scandinavia & Russia Cruise on Jewel a few days after the Norway one.  While it's not technically cancelled yet, there is no doubt that it will be, so we will also cancel the Scandinavia one.

In the mean time, last week we booked b2b 12 Night Arctic Circle Cruise on June 20th on Jewel, and then continuing on with the 12 Night Iceland & Ireland Cruise July 2nd that you are looking at. Even got the same Jr Suite.

Everything else equal, we would probably be on Anthem, or any other Quantum class ship, but we are very excited about being able to do both the Norwegian Fjords and Iceland, like we originally wanted. As a b2b, we will have a a number of additional Norway ports, and there will be more time in Iceland than on either of the original attempts. I realize that there are 2 or 3 Norway cruises on Anthem next year, but Anthem does not do the Arctic Circle part going all the way up to Honningsvag.

So I guess the way we are looking at it, for us, these 2 cruises are all about the destinations/ports of call, and the ship is the ship, and we are very excited either way. We love the Oasis ships, and have yet to do a Quantum class (have Odyssey booked for Feb). This will actually be our first Radiance class cruise.

I am still nervous about booking anything international next year, but still did venture out to  have Oct. out of Barcelona booked for 2022.  That is as early as I will dare for myself right now.  

However, summer of 2023...bring it!  🙂  I love, love the Radiance class of ships as my favorite, and Jewel is indeed a true Jewel!!  That series is more into the elegance of cruising IMHO.  

Very much want to do the Iceland/Greenland trip, and were actually supposed to do that this year...sigh.  😞 

• Like 1

We've sailed on Jewel 4 times and love this ship.  We did a Christmas back to back and the Panama Canal, both were 14 nights. I wouldn't hesitate

to sail on again on this ship.

Jewel is one of our favorite ships.

FYI, you may want to consider the 12-night Ireland/Iceland itinerary on the new Celebrity Apex at around the same time in 2022. Sails from Amsterdam in the Netherlands.

The Jewel of the Seas is a great ship for this itinerary as it has a lot of inside areas from which you can look outward to view the scenery and ocean.  It has lots of glass!  We did a transatlantic cruise on the Jewel that included Ireland and Iceland, and absolutely loved it!  

We’ve sailed six times on Jewel and currently have six cruises booked on her for next year, all in Europe!  We love Radiance class ships with all the windows that provide fantastic views and lots of natural light.  We have always had a Junior Suite or at least a Spacious Balcony.  Forgot to mention this class of ship usually has more interesting itineraries too as they can get into smaller Ports.

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nado44 said:

Jewel is one of our favorite ships.

FYI, you may want to consider the 12-night Ireland/Iceland itinerary on the new Celebrity Apex at around the same time in 2022. Sails from Amsterdam in the Netherlands.

We did Ireland, Iceland & Scotland on Eclipse out of Dublin...now that was an amazing itinerary.

21 minutes ago, SSBrickNJ said:

Celebrity Eclipse was nice?

It was in May 2018...it was our first Celebrity cruise...We sailed for this amazing itinerary (not the ship) that over nighted in Dublin...RCI offered nothing compared to this itinerary at the time....hard to find all these ports together.

• Like 1