Devalued Club Membership

sailbynite

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I can’t remember when I got that chart.

The second chart is still available on the Oceania website [found it by googling]:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Images/EmailAssets/domestic/Sales/81604468085/MAR183971_OceaniaClubFlyer_new2.pdf

MAR183971_OceaniaClubFlyer_new2.pdf

Loyalty isn’t what it used to be.  Rewards for returning guests costs cruise lines money. Many cruise lines are cutting out some benefits. Oceania did that a few years back. Did it really make a difference?  In the short term, there were likely some disappointed guests. Did they stop booking on Oceania because they lost some loyalty feature? I doubt it.   If they like the product, they will return. If they don’t, they find other options.  While an extra perk is nice, it’s not anything that will convince me to keep coming back.  It’s the cruise experience that does it.  On another cruise line, I had very high loyalty status. It got me many nice benefits. However, the cruise experience kept going downhill.  I don’t book on that line anymore.  My favorite cruise line did not have any loyalty program. They did offer repeat guests a standard discount on booking more cruises.  It was the same discount offered after the first cruise to everyone repeating.  They also had an onboard cocktail party for repeat guests.  On many cruises, there are an overwhelming number of repeat guests.  I wouldn’t be surprised if loyalty programs go away after the pandemic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORV said:

No return by the op.

As far as the actual revamp of the new perks for the OC I’m pretty sure it only had about 5 months of actual operation. 

With apologies for my possible erroneous memory:

The only removed/altered O Club perk that returned after several months was the spa credits (though they were reduced to $150?/pp). But, that was because the spas were temporarily closed when O changed from Canyon Ranch to  their own Aquamar.

O Club perks still modified include reduced SBC amounts and the elimination of economy air from the complimentary Platinum cruise. This latter item is not that significant if you are a DIY air person since there was never an option to take the air credit with the comp cruise. 

IMO, primarily because of the gratuities coverage, SBC and the complimentary cruises, O remains the best “loyalty” (Personally, I call it a “preferred partner”) program in the cruise industry.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

With apologies for my possible erroneous memory:

The only removed/altered O Club perk that returned after several months was the spa credits (though they were reduced to $150?/pp). But, that was because the spas were temporarily closed when O changed from Canyon Ranch to  their own Aquamar.

O Club perks still modified include reduced SBC amounts and the elimination of economy air from the complimentary Platinum cruise. This latter item is not that significant if you are a DIY air person since there was never an option to take the air credit with the comp cruise. 

IMO, primarily because of the gratuities coverage, SBC and the complimentary cruises, O remains the best “loyalty” (Personally, I call it a “preferred partner”) program in the cruise industry.

I agree it’s still one of the best out there, but it’s still hard to take losing what you once had. It’s not going to keep me from cruising with them. Actual availability of cruises going is a bigger impediment to me cruising with them. 

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

I agree it’s still one of the best out there, but it’s still hard to take losing what you once had. It’s not going to keep me from cruising with them. Actual availability of cruises going is a bigger impediment to me cruising with them. 

IMO:

What remains unchanged about Oceania is that it started with a focus on a niche market I like to describe as “accomplished/well traveled/decorous adults who have worked hard for their money and appreciate unusual extended itineraries.”

Though, obviously, the line serves a broader passenger base with differing ideas of an ideal itinerary, I remain convinced that the line’s “regulars” still fit my description and will dominate their passenger base for many years to come.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 7:27 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

The second chart is still available on the Oceania website [found it by googling]:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Images/EmailAssets/domestic/Sales/81604468085/MAR183971_OceaniaClubFlyer_new2.pdf

Thats great Jazzbeau.  Could you also give the webpage link that has the PDF file  (generally the Australian site basically mirrors the US but I cant find it)

many thanks

Hilary

14 minutes ago, HilsTas said:

Thats great Jazzbeau.  Could you also give the webpage link that has the PDF file  (generally the Australian site basically mirrors the US but I cant find it)

many thanks

Hilary

The link in my email is the PDF file [notice that the link ends in .pdf]

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The link in my email is the PDF file [notice that the link ends in .pdf]

understood - but I presume you found the PDF file on another webpage - it was the previous page that I was looking for

many thanks

1 hour ago, HilsTas said:

understood - but I presume you found the PDF file on another webpage - it was the previous page that I was looking for

many thanks

Nope - The Google sent me direct to this page, which downloads the PDF without showing the 'page'

Parse the URL:

/Images/ – a directory of image files

/EmailAssets/

/domestic/

/Sales/ - these are all subheads for a directory of files, not a true webspage

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 4:02 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

The numbers in that chart are not the number of “cruises.” Rather, it is the number of “cruise credits,” which vary by itinerary length.

The second of two charts (each in a separate post) states the number of nights in any given “itinerary” (I.e., single or multi-segment with a single booking number) required for 1 or more cruise credits. 
For example, If I remember correctly: if your first O cruise is ATW, you automatically get enough cruise credits to be “gold.” 

Again, O Club level depends on number of “credits” -  not number of “cruises.”

You've done a great job clarifying fellow Brooklynite!!!