P&O vaccine update - both jabs required

Stu UK

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

I doubt if that would be good enough because it would be extremely easy to forge the information, it as got to be an official form like your passport drivers license etc

Your right,i've said before that a sure way out of this would be something similar to the new GHIC card.Anything on an i-phone isn't much use to us as we only have the flip top Doro type,pay as you go(£20 a year),more money for travels and not walking into things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Anything on an i-phone isn't much use to us as we only have the flip top Doro type,pay as you go(£20 a year),more money for travels and not walking into things

And I  don't think we should to buy I Phone at however much they cost just for the purpose of this one thing. I won't buy and I Phone just to show proof of vaccine.

Edited by ace2542

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

I doubt if that would be good enough because it would be extremely easy to forge the information, it as got to be an official form like your passport drivers license etc

I would have thought a digital app showing your NHS number and record would be far less easy to forge than a piece of paper>

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Your right,i've said before that a sure way out of this would be something similar to the new GHIC card.Anything on an i-phone isn't much use to us as we only have the flip top Doro type,pay as you go(£20 a year),more money for travels and not walking into things.

Because this will be a continually evolving vaccination programme  to cover new mutations and annual top ups, a physical card would likely not be feasible. I think it will have to be an online facility that can be used by both smart phone users and IT nitwits, like me, as well.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Because this will be a continually evolving vaccination programme  to cover new mutations and annual top ups, a physical card would likely not be feasible. I think it will have to be an online facility that can be used by both smart phone users and IT nitwits, like me, as well.

Agree,it should have a barcode or work similar to a touchless card to reveal just your gov. updated info. regarding your covid jabs and even covid history.I'm quite confident that the u.k. and europe will end up with this being rolled out soon.

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The time for P&O to be telling people what proof of vaccination they’ll accept is right  now, before booking opens. 

They cannot really until the government decides because what might be good enough for P &O might not be good enough for any country’s they visit.

4 minutes ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Agree,it should have a barcode or work similar to a touchless card to reveal just your gov. updated info. regarding your covid jabs and even covid history.I'm quite confident that the u.k. and europe will end up with this being rolled out soon.

Cards can be updated most now carry chips in them

1 hour ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I imagine that largely depends on what system the government has put in place for vaccine passports. P&O have likely been given info on what's expected to happen but I doubt they're able to say yet.

The government may not have anything in place at all by June. It’s only three months away. 

with that in mind, who are people booking need to know what proof looks like . If there’s no government scheme in place, what documentation will P&O accept. This really needs to be made clear - it’s  not fair to ask people to book on assumptions or hopes. Although people probably will book, and then risk having stress about producing proof nearer the time. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I would have thought a digital app showing your NHS number and record would be far less easy to forge than a piece of paper>

Sorry I meant the new type driving license not the paper variety and an app can be hacked, hence why the EU are going down the physical I’d route

5 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

They cannot really until the government decides because what might be good enough for P &O might not be good enough for any country’s they visit.

In other words, P&O have stipulated a special condition but are unable to say how people will be able to confirm that they have fulfilled the requirement.

I would not be happy to book at this time on that basis.

which is one of the reasons why I’m not booking 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

The government may not have anything in place at all by June. It’s only three months away. 

with that in mind, who are people booking need to know what proof looks like . If there’s no government scheme in place, what documentation will P&O accept. This really needs to be made clear - it’s  not fair to ask people to book on assumptions or hopes. Although people probably will book, and then risk having stress about producing proof nearer the time. 

I answered earlier if P&O came out and told you what’s acceptable to them now but had to change because of government guidance later would you complain that they did not know what they are doing, just saying.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Given that everyone will be in the same position, they'll have to come up with a reasonable solution. 

And as international travel might be able to restart well before P&O do, there'll have to be some sort of system in place to prove vaccination by then. 

I really don't think it's anything to be worried about. 

You're not booking anyway are you? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

I answered earlier if P&O came out and told you what’s acceptable to them now but had to change because of government guidance later would you complain that they did not know what they are doing, just saying.

It wouldn’t affect me, so I wouldn’t have a complaint.

If people are happy to book knowing that they have to provide proof of vaccination, but don’t know what the proof will be, that’s up to them. But it doesn’t seem like a good idea to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Given that everyone will be in the same position, they'll have to come up with a reasonable solution. 

And as international travel might be able to restart well before P&O do, there'll have to be some sort of system in place to prove vaccination by then. 

I really don't think it's anything to be worried about. 

You're not booking anyway are you? 

No, I’m not booking.

But I can comment.

I hope it’s not something that causes problems for people who have booked these cruises in three months time. Think about it. There’s  just three months to go, and this system needs to be developed to an internationally agreed standard from a standing start, implemented robustly and everybody  who wants to apply for the information needs to have time to apply for it. There’d likely to be a big initial rush of applicants.

But if people who are booking think there’s going to be no problem - that’s their choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

And I  don't think we should to buy I Phone at however much they cost just for the purpose of this one thing. I won't buy and I Phone just to show proof of vaccine.

You don't need an iPhone. Any old smartphone will do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

You don't need an iPhone. Any old smartphone will do.

How much will it cost me in terms of phone, minutes, gigs and bites  and all that stuff which I don't understand?. And how do I download it or upload the apps. I would not have a clue. Someone will have to do it for me. I send a 10p txt message to my mates and they text back. Works like a charm.

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How much will it cost me in terms of phone, minutes, gigs and bites  and all that stuff which I don't understand?. And how do I download it or upload the apps. I would not have a clue. Someone will have to do it for me. I send a 10p txt message to my mates and they text back. Works like a charm.

When I need advice on things I don't understand the solution I find often works is.............ask some kid.😂

• Haha 1

It's simple given latest news of delay , 95% of over 50s will be vaccinated  with two doses. Not much chance of under 50s. 

So basically p&O just needs to look at date of birth. 

Other wise  , One large group of Under 50s vaccinated will either work in NHS or care system easy to prove.

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

But they are only saying proof will be needed for the summer cruises, not the international cruises.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Out of curiosity, how old are you? 

32 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

If you use wifi, it won't cost you a penny!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sddsddean said:

If you have the Patient Access app on your smartphone, it should show up in 'medications' there too. At the bottom of the page there should be an 'export' button...hit this and it will say something like 'included in this export will be <your name , address etc>'. You could show this on boarding...maybe?

Simon

No good if you dont have the Patient Access app or even a smartphone.