The Daily for Thursday Mar 25, 2021

richwmn

We have 11 native pee-con trees in our backyard.  For those who don’t like pecans try toasting them lightly first.   Besides baking and candy they are delicious in salads.  They are also heart healthy.  

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

We have 11 native pee-con trees in our backyard.  For those who don’t like pecans try toasting them lightly first.   Besides baking and candy they are delicious in salads.  They are also heart healthy.  

My sweet (RIP) MIL told me to take 1/2 cup of pecans and microwave for 45 seconds to use in salads or snacking. My sweet husband grew up in south Georgia on 250 acres. They had many pecan trees. My favorite was money makers, Allen loved paper shells. We would spend many hours shelling the nuts after having them cracked by a local processing company.  We still order Georgia pecans although Texas grows many varieties. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

My sweet (RIP) MIL told me to take 1/2 cup of pecans and microwave for 45 seconds to use in salads or snacking. My sweet husband grew up in south Georgia on 250 acres. They had many pecan trees. My favorite was money makers, Allen loved paper shells. We would spend many hours shelling the nuts after having them cracked by a local processing company.  We still order Georgia pecans although Texas grows many varieties. 

We grow Choctaws and Pawnees.   They are a very old variety, probably native according to our extension service.  The Choctaw are particularly oil rich and sweet.  Our 11 trees are enough to keep our friends and family flush with freezer pecans.  

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

We grow Choctaws and Pawnees.   They are a very old variety, probably native according to our extension service.  The Choctaw are particularly oil rich and sweet.  Our 11 trees are enough to keep our friends and family flush with freezer pecans.  

We get choctaw from Schwegmann Orchards in Georgetown.  They sell at Farmers markets here. Still nothing comes close to money makers..

• Like 3

The drama with the motorhome and the semi continues.  In the last three hours they have gotten the back tires of the motorhome on the edge of the trailer ramps.  It looked like they were going to move the motorhome when a heavy duty wrecker appeared.   Now, the wrecker seems to have gone and the motorhome’s engine and lights are off again,  it’s getting dark, so it’s anyone’s guess what will happen.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

✈️Just arrived home and looking forward to my own bed! We did have a nice "getaway" over to Maui and the plane ride home was only 4 1/2 hours ....think it takes us about 5 to Fort Lauderdale on a non-stop! Oh, how I miss flying over to FL and boarding a ship...especially love the TransAtlantics.🛳️

(Thank You for placing us on the Care List)🙏

No time to catch up--going to bed--midnight already!! 🥱🥱

1615443754234blob.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

Jacqui - I am not sure that this works in Canada.

Ray

Oh thanks.  I hadn’t heard of it so that might explain it but I am going to check into it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, garlictown said:

✈️Just arrived home and looking forward to my own bed! We did have a nice "getaway" over to Maui and the plane ride home was only 4 1/2 hours ....think it takes us about 5 to Fort Lauderdale on a non-stop! Oh, how I miss flying over to FL and boarding a ship...especially love the TransAtlantics.🛳️

(Thank You for placing us on the Care List)🙏

No time to catch up--going to bed--midnight already!! 🥱🥱

1615443754234blob.jpg

Mahalo🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Denise😊

• Like 1