CDC will Destroy Cruising in the US

15 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

I think folks are misinterpreting wearing masks during meals. In NY state the servers wear masks, the patrons wear masks unless they’re seated at the table. No big deal. 

Actually reading the CDC rules it simply says to avoid extended times with masks off while eating. Nothing like is being promulgated about putting the mask on snd off with each bite or spoon full.   No definition of extended time or whatever exact word is in the order. 

typical reaction by people unhappy with a rule to misinterpret the rule to their benefit. 

30 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Actually reading the CDC rules it simply says to avoid extended times with masks off while eating. Nothing like is being promulgated about putting the mask on snd off with each bite or spoon full.   No definition of extended time or whatever exact word is in the order. 

typical reaction by people unhappy with a rule to misinterpret the rule to their benefit. 

This is the wording from that CC article that I posted elsewhere (emphasis mine):

'The CDC makes clear that it expects guests and crew, as well as port personnel, to wear masks in indoor and outdoor areas except for brief periods while eating and drinking and says that "removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order." '

Also interesting to read what they say about excursions--sounds dreadful, prohibiting self-exploration and limiting excursions to only certain ports.

I'm glad my one and only booking is in Europe.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 3

Thanks Wendy for the full wording. Still nothing like the misinterpretations being said by people in the know about the mask on and off while eating. 

in addition neither the words extended which I stated was not defined nor brief which also is not defined so impossible to enforce either situation while eating and also impossible too claim as violations. 

government employees writing rules do or should know better than to write rules using ambiguous terms without definitions. Also CEOs and other executives should not provide their own incorrect definitions of poorly written government rules. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Regent will NEVER sail in US waters with these restrictions.

My sister is on her first cruise on Splendor......  Holiday cruise from Miami. Is it likely that they would change the departure port? I would not want to sail with these proposed restrictions either. Maybe it's just too early to start agitating about it.

1 minute ago, fizzy said:

My sister is on her first cruise on Splendor......  Holiday cruise from Miami. Is it likely that they would change the departure port? I would not want to sail with these proposed restrictions either. Maybe it's just too early to start agitating about it.

I am on the same Splendor cruise as your sister; I just made air reservations today.  If this isn't settled by December, I don't think the air fare will be significant loss compared with all the ramifications of no cruise industry in USA.  

19 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I am on the same Splendor cruise as your sister; I just made air reservations today.  If this isn't settled by December, I don't think the air fare will be significant loss compared with all the ramifications of no cruise industry in USA.  

Agree!,😢