Air2Sea Question

It's my first time booking Air2Sea. I paid for my trip last week, called to get my free seat selections yesterday and asked about why American Airlines says pending and I still needed to pay for the trip.

I get an alert that says: Please call to book you trip and tells me to call reservations or TA to ticket and pay for my trip.

The Air2Sea person I spoke to yesterday didn't really answer my question, he just said they would not issue the ticket and was more concerned about me getting seats then my original question.

anyone else come across this?

I also have an A2S question. Booked the flight last night through A2S/ChoiceAir using my RCL Res ID. It said purchase completed with out prompting for payment on the payment page and I received confirmation email. When and how do I make payment?

4 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

I also have an A2S question. Booked the flight last night through A2S/ChoiceAir using my RCL Res ID. It said purchase completed with out prompting for payment on the payment page and I received confirmation email. When and how do I make payment?

You should have received a "DoNotReply..." email from Air2Sea confirming your reservation.  You may also request a copy of your latest invoice which should reflect the Air2Sea charges.  Payment for flights are due at the same time as the cruise final payment, usually 90 days prior to sailing date.

Hope this helps.

9 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

You should have received a "DoNotReply..." email from Air2Sea confirming your reservation.  You may also request a copy of your latest invoice which should reflect the Air2Sea charges.  Payment for flights are due at the same time as the cruise final payment, usually 90 days prior to sailing date.

Hope this helps.

I did receive the DoNotReply email. Just didn't see or receive anything about when/how to make payment. I will request latest invoice. Thanks for the information that it is due at final payment.

28 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

It's my first time booking Air2Sea. I paid for my trip last week, called to get my free seat selections yesterday and asked about why American Airlines says pending and I still needed to pay for the trip.

I get an alert that says: Please call to book you trip and tells me to call reservations or TA to ticket and pay for my trip.

The Air2Sea person I spoke to yesterday didn't really answer my question, he just said they would not issue the ticket and was more concerned about me getting seats then my original question.

You ARE booked and a plane ticket IS reserved.

However, Air2Sea has not PAID for your ticket yet. Therefore, your reservation hasn't been ticketed.

Normal procedure when using Air2Sea or any consolidator. Air2Sea may not "pay" for your ticket until 90 days out.

Just 1 of the pitfalls when booking Air2Sea or any consolidator tickets that you may or may not run into. (Just be prepared for the dozen or so responses who will say it's never happened to them. They won't be lying cause it probably didn't happen to them. You just happened to get caught up in this issue at this time.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, klfrodo said:

However, Air2Sea has not PAID for your ticket yet. Therefore, your reservation hasn't been ticketed.

Normal procedure when using Air2Sea or any consolidator. Air2Sea may not "pay" for your ticket until 90 days out.

Just 1 of the pitfalls when booking Air2Sea or any consolidator tickets that you may or may not run into. (Just be prepared for the dozen or so responses who will say it's never happened to them. They won't be lying cause it probably didn't happen to them. You just happened to get caught up in this issue at this time.)

Interesting, thanks for sharing that info. 

21 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

This has happened with me also.  Sometimes it takes a few days for the Air2Sea reservation to show up on the airline records, as was the case with our AA flights to Nassau for the ADV sailings.   Since my cruise/flight is this summer, the agent booked my seats when I made the reservation.

When I booked one of RC's "chartered" UAL flights to Barbados for the GR sailings, although I was able to book the flights, I had to wait the 330 days prior to flight departure to reserve our seats on United's website.

I also provide my frequent flyer # when booking via Air2Sea.

Hope you're able to select your seats timely!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Thank you! I swear - I get more information here than when I call to ask LOL.

4 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Hope you're able to select your seats timely!

Thanks! got my seats 🙂 I was happy to find out it was free to select seats and hubby and I can sit together!

• Like 1

To my understanding, if you pay for the flight at the time of booking (as I’ve done before), you should be able to go in and change/reserve seats immediately. If you wait until final payment to pay for the flight, you can’t change/reserve seats until you’ve made the payment. 
if you actually paid for the flight, I’d call A2S and discuss it with them. 

32 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

To my understanding, if you pay for the flight at the time of booking (as I’ve done before), you should be able to go in and change/reserve seats immediately. If you wait until final payment to pay for the flight, you can’t change/reserve seats until you’ve made the payment. 
if you actually paid for the flight, I’d call A2S and discuss it with them. 

Depending on the airline you can select seats before final payment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JKHawaii said:

I know British Air, American, Delta let you select seats before final payment ....................... any other airlines that allow pre-final payment seat selection?

I have an Air2Sea on American and cannot pick my seats at this time

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I have an Air2Sea on American and cannot pick my seats at this time

There is an old (but informative) thread over on Cruise Air about Cruiseline air purchases and/or consolidator purchases.

Bottom line,,, tickets purchased thru consolidators are NOT exactly the same as tickets bought directly from the airline.

Consolidators (Air2Sea) contract with/agree to purchase XXX number of tickets from an airline 3 or 4 years in advance at a set price. Along with that set price "may be" differences in the rules and regulations in that ticket. Some of those differences "MAY BE", no mileage accrual, no seat assignments, no changing airlines in case of mechanical problem, etc, etc.

That is not to say this is under every single air2sea ticket purchased. It is nothing more than an educated notice that this IS something to consider when buying consolidator tickets.

2 hours ago, JKHawaii said:

I know British Air, American, Delta let you select seats before final payment ....................... any other airlines that allow pre-final payment seat selection?

United lets you do it from their web site as soon as the record is in the system (i.e., immediately). American apparently doesn't but Air2Sea can do it for you. I'm only speaking out of experience for Business/First Class bookings.

If you booked thru cruise air and you enter your frequent flyer number you should be able to change and edit your seat assigment.  If you are a frequent flyer member with airlines;  you can pick your seat after logging into your account.  You don't have to wait for final pmt since you booked thru the cruise air program. 

Edited by AF-1

I booked an American Airlines flight thru A2S last night.  If I log in to my AA account, it says I have no flights booked. If I sign out and enter the Record Locator/Booking Reference, it shows up. If I then log in with the flight pulled up, it shows the flight on my account but the next time I sign in, it’s not there again. It states “ticket pending”. 
I had seats assigned at booking, but cannot change or upgrade online. 
I’m assuming it’s just on hold until Royal forwards the money so I can’t manage the booking. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

I did receive the DoNotReply email. Just didn't see or receive anything about when/how to make payment. I will request latest invoice. Thanks for the information that it is due at final payment.

Just like your cruise fare with air2sea you can reprice your airfare should the price drop.

Not sure airfare will lower any but you never know always worth periodically checking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I booked an American Airlines flight thru A2S last night.  If I log in to my AA account, it says I have no flights booked. If I sign out and enter the Record Locator/Booking Reference, it shows up. If I then log in with the flight pulled up, it shows the flight on my account but the next time I sign in, it’s not there again. It states “ticket pending”. 
I had seats assigned at booking, but cannot change or upgrade online. 
I’m assuming it’s just on hold until Royal forwards the money so I can’t manage the booking. 

I'm pretty sure if you need to make any changes/upgrade other than seat selection it has to be done by a2s.

5 hours ago, dswallow said:

United lets you do it from their web site as soon as the record is in the system (i.e., immediately). American apparently doesn't but Air2Sea can do it for you. I'm only speaking out of experience for Business/First Class bookings.

Yes, you are correct.  AA can be hit and miss with allowing seat selection.

I know scandanivian airlines, SAS allows seat selection as well as United.

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Just like your cruise fare with air2sea you can reprice your airfare should the price drop.

Not sure airfare will lower any but you never know always worth periodically checking.

I just repriced a clients air for the summer Adventure sailings.  dropped $60

• Like 1