byo drinks

ron46936

I have to apologize if this is covered somewhere else, but I haven't been able to find anything. What is MSC's policy about bringing spirits, beer, wine, soft drinks, or bottled water aboard for cruises from Florida? 

No bottled water or soda. Absolutely, no liquor or wine.

But,

when embarking on Meraviglia in Barcelona, mentioned to YC concierge, we had bottles of wine purchased during our week prior to boarding cruise. 
asked if they could just “hold” it until disembarkation . 

We were in holding area prior to boarding. Went through embarkation, with wine in case, and nothing was said. Prepared for someone to come to cabin etc. nothing happened. We just put it in corner, as we had plenty to drink onboard.😋

1 hour ago, phissy said:

No bottled water or soda. Absolutely, no liquor or wine.

But,

when embarking on Meraviglia in Barcelona, mentioned to YC concierge, we had bottles of wine purchased during our week prior to boarding cruise. 
asked if they could just “hold” it until disembarkation . 

We were in holding area prior to boarding. Went through embarkation, with wine in case, and nothing was said. Prepared for someone to come to cabin etc. nothing happened. We just put it in corner, as we had plenty to drink onboard.😋

It always makes me laugh when I think of MSC refusing someone to bring in wine or spirits.  They’d save a ton of money by allowing YC pax to bring their own booze aboard.  LOL.  

• Haha 1

Officially the answer is a strict no.

Here in Europe they are more relaxed though, but just if you purchase things from the ports of call inside shops. I have had several bottles of water from those ports shops, but that was before the drinks packages have made their way. If you want to bring something aboard, buy it from the ports stores after security. They wont tell you nothing, but just in case verify if the bottles do have the port's shop stamp on it. Have a nice day!...

I have an extensive liquor collection of one bottle from every country I visit. Never opened. On cruises, if I visit a new country, historically I buy one, they take at embarking and they drop off evening before leaving ship.

When I've been on msc before there were no nee countries so never came up. I do have a couple booked now that have stops where I intend to buy a bottle. Will I have an issue bringing on one bottle?

21 minutes ago, thepla said:

I have an extensive liquor collection of one bottle from every country I visit. Never opened. On cruises, if I visit a new country, historically I buy one, they take at embarking and they drop off evening before leaving ship.

When I've been on msc before there were no nee countries so never came up. I do have a couple booked now that have stops where I intend to buy a bottle. Will I have an issue bringing on one bottle?

Absolutely not. The official protocol is that it will be taken from you and stored when reboarding in the port. It will then be returned to you on the evening before you disembark.

However, sometimes they do not and passengers retain the item. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2021 at 9:28 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

It always makes me laugh when I think of MSC refusing someone to bring in wine or spirits.  They’d save a ton of money by allowing YC pax to bring their own booze aboard.  LOL.  

Not if the passengers give the wine or spirits to someone without a beverage package.

5 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Not if the passengers give the wine or spirits to someone without a beverage package.

I think it highly unlikely that someone in the YC would be giving out booze to the pax...LOL.  I think that anyone in the YC should be able to bring whatever they want especially their own brand of tonic water, preferred wines, bottled water, etc.  MSC would only be saving money.  

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I think it highly unlikely that someone in the YC would be giving out booze to the pax...LOL.  I think that anyone in the YC should be able to bring whatever they want especially their own brand of tonic water, preferred wines, bottled water, etc.  MSC would only be saving money.  

I don't think it's highly unlikely. Haven't you seen the thread about some people in a family in Yacht Club and some in "regular" cabin?

11 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

I don't think it's highly unlikely. Haven't you seen the thread about some people in a family in Yacht Club and some in "regular" cabin?

Heaven forbid!  We’ll have to alert the Yacht Club Police for interloping Bellas who are looking for free drinks!  

• Haha 1