Sail Safe Policy

4 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

Regent has spelled it all out. When cruises start sailing, vaccinations and masks will be mandatory. The choice whether to cruise or not is yours. Cruising as we all remember it may never return. 

This is not true....masks and their usage is still being decided for Regent as they are not starting when NCL does.

• Like 1

Just saw this posted by Regent on Facebook

"If you’re eager to explore & set sail for an unrivaled experience once more, we ask that you join us & make your voice heard by reaching out to your elected & regulatory officials today, asking them to allow cruising to resume in the U.S.A. "

Yeah, let's all get back on a cruise and not wear a mask....that's really smart!  Lol.  What are people thinking?  What bubble do they live in?!  I'll sit back and watch. 

Just now, JVNYC said:

Yeah, let's all get back on a cruise and not wear a mask....that's really smart!  Lol.  What are people thinking?  What bubble do they live in?!  I'll sit back and watch. 

If you can't be mask-free in an isolated community that is 100% vaccinated, where and when do you expect to no longer need a mask?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LakeLifeTexas said:

Read their policy.  It clearly says vaccines and mask are required onboard.

We will see what happens on the first Regent sailing...it will not be the same as the first NCL.

• Like 1

The minute you step back onboard from a trip ashore in a port of call you and everybody else onboard are potentially not longer an isolated 100% vaccinated community. That assumes that vaccination gives 100% immunity which I understand it does not. We are happy to sit back, wait to see what happens, then consider booking.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JVNYC said:

It sounds like you want to continue to put your life on hold, and that is fine for you.  Some of us feel comfortable with our vaccine protection and desire to start living again.  It doesn't mean we live in a bubble, it means we are aware there are risks to our lives everyday.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jjs217 said:

It sounds like you want to continue to put your life on hold, and that is fine for you.  Some of us feel comfortable with our vaccine protection and desire to start living again.  It doesn't mean we live in a bubble, it means we are aware there are risks to our lives everyday.

I certainly am not putting my life on hold....I'm putting cruising on hold.  Big difference.  Cruising is not my life.  There are plenty of other enjoyable travel options for me that don't involve mass crowds, testing, lines, etc.  That is not a vacation for me.  I'm glad you feel comfortable with it....that's all the matters. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

I certainly am not putting my life on hold....I'm putting cruising on hold.  Big difference.  Cruising is not my life.  There are plenty of other enjoyable travel options for me that don't involve mass crowds, testing, lines, etc.  That is not a vacation for me.  I'm glad you feel comfortable with it....that's all the matters. 

Okay - got it.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JVNYC said:

Hear, hear! I love cruising, but it's not my life, in fact becoming less so by the minute.