Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

We are also having to cancel our July 20th sailing on Orion.  I had to have a somewhat emergency surgery on June 9th.  Dr has forbid flying and the cruise, so now the stress of dealing with the insurance company and getting reimbursed the money that is forfeited to Viking.  At least no more worries about jumping through hoops for the PCR test and all of the Health authorizations, etc.  Hope you all have a wonderful trip and cruise.  So sorry we will be missing this one.

Arlene & Ralph

Dothan, Alabama

1 hour ago, Crockett&Darla said:

Good question. If you plan on having cell service while in Bermuda...then either one would of course would work. The ship's phone number is included in our documents. IMO... if you wanted to ensure a message got to you...the "best" option might be the ship's number. FWIW...I don't know where the ship goes on it's two sea days... but if it's outside the range of cellular service then you won't receive any cellular service. We'll probably use the ship's number. 

WHen does one get their final documents?  We got our luggage tags etc, but it just had a card with general info.  Are those the ones that are now being emailed a week or so prior to departure?

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

WHen does one get their final documents?  We got our luggage tags etc, but it just had a card with general info.  Are those the ones that are now being emailed a week or so prior to departure?

Not on your trip but on the 26 June Iceland trip. We were advised that the e-docs would be sent out 14 days prior to the cruise and  I just received my e-docs ( this is all that they are doing at the moment) this morning.  So, right on time 14 days out.

24 minutes ago, vslparis said:

Not on your trip but on the 26 June Iceland trip. We were advised that the e-docs would be sent out 14 days prior to the cruise and  I just received my e-docs ( this is all that they are doing at the moment) this morning.  So, right on time 14 days out.

Thanks!  ANd have a BLAST!

Speaking of other media sites. I saw on Viking FB today a  wonderful Welcome from  the crew of Viking Orion. But I have no idea how to transfer a FB post to this thread. 

It warmed my heart, all were saying see you in four day!!!

Maybe some one can post the short video here. 

• Like 1

Hi all. I am scheduled on Viking Orion Bermuda for August 3. I am traveling as a solo and am not all that familiar with technology as it will relate to the requirements for this trip. I would greatly appreciate it if someone on any of the other dates could take a quick few minutes to jot down what you need and then what you do with it.  My support team for tech. (My family) will be away at that

time. Thanks again from this solo traveling senior 👵🏻

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

Speaking of other media sites. I saw on Viking FB today a  wonderful Welcome from  the crew of Viking Orion. But I have no idea how to transfer a FB post to this thread. 

It warmed my heart, all were saying see you in four day!!!

Maybe some one can post the short video here. 

https://www.facebook.com/VikingCruises   You may have to scroll a bit

Edited by bafinegan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

Hi all. I am scheduled on Viking Orion Bermuda for August 3. I am traveling as a solo and am not all that familiar with technology as it will relate to the requirements for this trip. I would greatly appreciate it if someone on any of the other dates could take a quick few minutes to jot down what you need and then what you do with it.  My support team for tech. (My family) will be away at that

time. Thanks again from this solo traveling senior 👵🏻

Hubbs and I dont cruise until July 13.  Pretty sure people from the earlier cruises will chime in, but more than happy to help if need be!

10 minutes ago, Still traveling said:

Has anyone received their BERMUDA TRAVEL UTHORIZATION APPROVAL back from  Bermuda yet??

We sent ours in Saturday morning at 8:00a.m.

Maybe they don't work on weekends

We also sent ours Saturday morning. Nothing, yet. We've probably overwhelmed them.

1 minute ago, Still traveling said:

Has anyone received their BERMUDA TRAVEL UTHORIZATION APPROVAL back from  Bermuda yet??

Same here. I saw where one person got their’s yesterday so I think they do work on weekends. 

37 minutes ago, Still traveling said:

Submitted ours around 1 am on Saturday and have not received them yet. Hopefully today since we are leaving for the airport tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Still traveling said:

According to Bermuda's web site, they work until 8 pm (Bermuda time) 7 days a week to approve those travel authorizations.  There is a Covid hotline (441-444-2498)  or the dept of health ((441) 278-4900).

35 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

According to Bermuda's web site, they work until 8 pm (Bermuda time) 7 days a week to approve those travel authorizations.  There is a Covid hotline (441-444-2498)  or the dept of health ((441) 278-4900).

My sister called the hotline, yesterday, and was like number 55 in the "q". 3 hours later she was #3 and was cut off. I think we have overwhelmed them.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Azulann said:

So sorry you had to cancel. Best wishes for a speedy recovery . 

Thank you.  I am anxious to read how the process is working for the cruises going here in June.  I am resting and and being treated with a Queen by my husband.  Sorry we had to cancel. 

I received the following reply from the Bermuda Corona Virus Hotline today, 13 June, at 3:07 pm (PDT):

”The reduction in testing time for pre-arrival tests has not come into effect yet.  We are expecting this to be announced later this week.

Please check local media and www.gov.bm for the updates as they will be made public and the website will reflect the changes.”

My question was related to where Bermuda has made the information available that defines how many days in advance we can get our PCR tests, and when will the requirement change?

Edited by What was that?
Clarity

Does anyone know why I can’t seem to be able to book one of these cruises?  Is it not open to Canadian citizens?  I called Viking and the agent couldn’t even get me pricing on the phone either….. she could not explain. 

12 hours ago, What was that? said:

I received the following reply from the Bermuda Corona Virus Hotline today, 13 June, at 3:07 pm (PDT):

”The reduction in testing time for pre-arrival tests has not come into effect yet.  We are expecting this to be announced later this week.

Please check local media and www.gov.bm for the updates as they will be made public Iand the website will reflect the changes.”

My question was related to where Bermuda has made the information available that defines how many days in advance we can get our PCR tests, and when will the requirement change?

It is is 9:00a.am. Monday morning. We leave for Bermuda in exactly 17 hrs. and 

HAVE HAD NO REPLY FROM OUR BERMUDA APPLICATION FORM??

They say it is pending. Now what do we do?

Wife having hysteria/husband cursing---

Just now, Still traveling said:

It is is 9:00a.am. Monday morning. We leave for Bermuda in exactly 17 hrs. and 

HAVE HAD NO REPLY FROM OUR BERMUDA APPLICATION FORM??

They say it is pending. Now what do we do?

Wife having hysteria/husband cursing---

call them at 1-441-444-2498. Not sure if they are open yet. I called yesterday and had it in five minutes