Well someone has to say it.... what is going to happen to Nassau cruises?

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

The only way to end it is to encourage your relatives, friends and neighbors to be vaccinated.

There is always another way vs giving in

15 hours ago, kearney said:

What seems odd on this.... the ave number of new cases/day in Bahamas over the past 7 days is 47, in a country of 373,200. Looking at the ave number of new cases/day in New York state over the past 7 days..it is 5,927 in a state with a population of 19,450,000. So the ratio of cases per 100,000... new cases in Bahamas is .1196 vs .3047... so ...perhaps people should be warned about going to NY state too. Now Bahamas did have a death in the past week vs 61 in NY. Not sure I understand this sudden concern... perhaps I am missing something....

Our friends in NY are completely safe and responsible. In fact, they are experts in giving advice to the rest of the country who need their moral superiority. Never mind the numbers, it's science that Bahamas = bad. Now go cram in a subway or Starbucks in NY.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Your travel insurance might not work if it's a Level 4...?

It's important to check your policy. Personally, we never get travel insurance. The only exception was when we had to cancel a trip to the DR at an all-inclusive due to Covid. I'm glad we had it for that, although the resort would have given us the opportunity to rebook for free, and the airlines would have let us use the credits later. For us, the main components would be the cruise and the airfare, and in these times, they're being very flexible with credits and stuff. And our health insurance covers incidents that occur outside the country, so it's still not an absolute must. But YMMV, as always.

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

It's important to check your policy. Personally, we never get travel insurance. The only exception was when we had to cancel a trip to the DR at an all-inclusive due to Covid. I'm glad we had it for that, although the resort would have given us the opportunity to rebook for free, and the airlines would have let us use the credits later. For us, the main components would be the cruise and the airfare, and in these times, they're being very flexible with credits and stuff. And our health insurance covers incidents that occur outside the country, so it's still not an absolute must. But YMMV, as always.

Wait. You don't get coverage if you have to be medically air evacuated off a cruise ship?  wow!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I had just purchased travel insurance... which includes covid coverage... and it it still months away. Ironically I noticed that CDC had issued a warning about travel to NY about a month ago..it is not removed... only reason I can think..it that while their cases/100k is well about the 100 set for level 4.. the trend is slightly down..while Bahamas level about half NY level..they were trending up in past few weeks...now one reason could be the fact that Bahamas does not enter data every day...but every 2-3. days..which could skew trends a bit..... Anyway... there are now a number of policies that include covid coverage and some places require it...I think St Maarten may be one.... here is a link where I first read about it ..the article also has a link to insurance online vendor Forbes... best pandemic travel insurance

17 hours ago, yogimax said:

The only way to end it is to encourage your relatives, friends and neighbors to be vaccinated.

As long as up to 50% of the population refuses to be vaccinated, the longer it will be until sailing resumes.

My body my choice.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

My body my choice.

You know, that's fine. But there's no inherent right to enter a business or board a plane or a cruise ship. And at least during a pandemic situation (this is sort of an governmental declaration concept here so bear with me), there are going to be requirements upon people so as not to make the pandemic worse. And what's happening right now is that vaccination against this virus is one of those things that will loosen those safety restrictions. Now at some point enough people will be vaccinated that the restrictions are foreseen to be able to be loosened for everyone, vaccinated or not. But the way this infectious disease spreads, until we get there being vaccinated or not being vaccinated makes a difference in what you can be doing, for the safety of yourself AND for those around you.

We don't need to hear "slippery slope" nonsense. Right now this is science. It's really simple. These nasty situations have arisen before, though thankfully not all that often. And for this one we have had some amazing strides in understanding viruses like this which we have been able to leverage into ways to vaccinate and even to treat those who do get infected.

In all other times in this country we would be looking at 4 or 5 years before having even the slightest hope of ways to do things like vaccinate to prevent spread. Even with the reticence of you and others to use the current vaccines, you're still looking at a significantly reduced time to have to endure pandemic restrictions than we ever would have seen before. And yet all you can do is offer these stupid snippets of ignorance and petulance? Is it really necessary? Do you not even have simply the littlest bit of understanding of the science behind why these things are currently being asked for?

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, seabeew said:

Another person here telling you that you’re wrong about Southwest suspending service due to recent conditions. Southwest suspended service to the Bahamas over a year ago and never re-instated it. That announcement has been on their website for over a year. 

Southwest has hoped to get back to NAS this summer. In fact I'm surprised they haven't yet restarted it

1 hour ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

No need to panic.

Just watch Tony's video. CDC just added the vaccination info to each of the pages. He explains it all:

Tony has deleted that video and has a #short posted saying his information was incorrect.

18 hours ago, yogimax said:

As long as up to 50% of the population refuses to be vaccinated, the longer it will be until sailing resumes.

As of today over half of all American adults have had at least one shot of the vaccine.  

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/18/988574518/more-than-half-of-u-s-adults-have-gotten-at-least-one-covid-19-vaccine-dose

So... let us summarize.... on April 19 the CDC raises the travel alert to level 4.

“Because of the current situation in the Bahamas even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to the Bahamas. If you must travel to the Bahamas, get fully vaccinated before travel. All travelers should wear a mask, stay 6 feet from others, avoid crowds, and wash their hands.”  

Then on April 21 the Prime Minister of Bahamas says that "effective May 1, international travelers will be exempted from RT PCR testing once they have been fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period — in line with CDC guidelines."

Very mixed messaging on effectiveness of vaccination... CDC guarded.... PM seems to believe they actually work.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nemomof3 said:

Mexico is a level 4 and has been for a while. Thousands of Americans have been and will continue to travel to Mexico every day.

I can confirm this. I’ve been traveling to Mexico (for work) frequently during the entire pandemic. Within the last few months, passenger loads have exploded. In fact, several airlines have upgraded service from narrow body 737’s and A320’s to wide body 787’s, 777’s and A330’s to accommodate the demand. The airport looks as busy (if not busier) than before the pandemic. Flights are packed, resorts are packed, beaches are packed, people are celebrating destination weddings, etc.

You’d never know that Mexico is at level 4 with a warning to avoid all travel. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Now we need the US for not require a COVID test in order to return if you are vaccinated

my TA told me that the ships are equipped to administer the PCR tests for their guests so they can reenter the USA

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, M&A said:

As of today over half of all American adults have had at least one shot of the vaccine.  

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/18/988574518/more-than-half-of-u-s-adults-have-gotten-at-least-one-covid-19-vaccine-dose

that's funny because over on YouTube, Dr John Campbell in the UK showed data that only 23% of eligible US citizens have been fully vaccinated. His data comes from the CDC website. 

11 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

that's funny because over on YouTube, Dr John Campbell in the UK showed data that only 23% of eligible US citizens have been fully vaccinated. His data comes from the CDC website. 

You are quoting 2 different statistics. Individuals having had one shot VS fully vaccinated. 

17 hours ago, Smq123 said:

It has been updated. I’m going to Atlantis in the Bahamas on Sunday. 

If you're able I'm sure many people here would appreciate it if you could get some photos of the current state of construction over at the Cruise Pier area in Nassau.

• Like 3