Seabourn, Barbados Partnering To Launch Summer Luxury Cruises From July 2021

BlerkOne

On 4/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, BlerkOne said:

Interesting.  This article gives more details than were given the FB event of a few days ago.  It comes right out and says that face masks will be required and there will be social distancing and capacity cap for indoor venues.  

I think the key line in the press release is that "protocols are subject to change as work continues in collaboration with medical experts and government bodies to ensure the practices evolve in line with the latest advice." That translates as: "This is what we're saying now, to satisfy governments and regulatory agencies, and to prepare our customers, but restrictions may be tightened or relaxed as we get closer to the date of sailing." The less they emphasize details now, the less they'll have unhappy customers as things inevitably evolve.

I glanced briefly at the UK offers which my TA shows online for the July Caribbean cruises on Odyssey out of Barbados. What struck me is that economy airfare is included and business is £999 each way. This is very good! Last year we extended a cruise and disembarked in Barbados. The Seabourn fare one way back to London was over £2200 per person as I recall. Now I know this is how it is when you are a one way and more or less walk up, but this was a shock. (I don’t recall what economy would have costed.)

The Seabourn cruise package we have on Ovation this July also includes flights and in business class. A very good idea from Seabourn to make the booking easier and any cancellation with refund or alternative booking due to the virus etc less complicated.

Happy and healthy sailing!

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

If only for the easier journey this is good news for the UK;  less so I think for others, as travel to Barbados can be complicated.

Indeed.  I did some internet checking for US passengers.  One can fly directly to Bridgetown everyday from JFK New York on Jet Blue.  But the only other direct option is from Miami which American services only a couple of days per week.

In the “old days” American had at least 2 flights per day to/from Miami. I expect more generous schedules in the coming months. Of course it’s best to buy the Seabourn package these days.

1 hour ago, tv24 said:

Indeed.  I did some internet checking for US passengers.  One can fly directly to Bridgetown everyday from JFK New York on Jet Blue.  But the only other direct option is from Miami which American services only a couple of days per week.

If it helps, Jet Blue also offers direct flights from Boston to Barbados. During the high season is it daily (with a few Mint flights as well). I believe the rest of the year it’s offered 3x a week.

1 hour ago, Navis said:

If it helps, Jet Blue also offers direct flights from Boston to Barbados. During the high season is it daily (with a few Mint flights as well). I believe the rest of the year it’s offered 3x a week.

Thanks for the extra info, Navis!

20 hours ago, markham said:

In the “old days” American had at least 2 flights per day to/from Miami. I expect more generous schedules in the coming months. Of course it’s best to buy the Seabourn package these days.

Hello Markham,

I have been conversing with our TA.

Are you on the Ovation in July or the Odyssey.

I'm trying to get one in as you might imagine 

Mr Luxury,

It’s the Ovation starting 3 July for 2 weeks! With less than 60% capacity I know we will be very comfortable. Not at all concerned about what may or may not happen shoreside. The draw was/is the experience after way too long! 

Good luck with your travel arrangements, and hope to see you soon. Early on, for sure, if Handre and/or Ross are hosting their Signature Howdy Doody Git to Know Yer Neyber Block Party in some airy venue.

8 minutes ago, markham said:

Mr Luxury,

It’s the Ovation starting 3 July for 2 weeks! With less than 60% capacity I know we will be very comfortable. Not at all concerned about what may or may not happen shoreside. The draw was/is the experience after way too long! 

Good luck with your travel arrangements, and hope to see you soon. Early on, for sure, if Handre and/or Ross are hosting their Signature Howdy Doody Git to Know Yer Neyber Block Party in some airy venue.

Hi Markham,

That's one I am considering and a quick week starting on 3rd July.

Andrew Pedder is onboard driving the boat and is getting ready for July as we speak.

Glad to see that you are trying the Seabourn Mega gargantuan size again and not off to the Odyssey in the Caribbean.

The price is right as Leslie Crowther used to tell us and the Business class included is good and its not worth me using Avios to book flights only to be left high and dry if the sailing is cancelled.

I have a few things that need to be in place before we can come and join you.

Hope to see you Markham.

We were considering the July 03 from Athens 7 nights.

can someone tell me if we are limited to Seabourn excursions only or whether we can disembark and freely roam.

Also if Greece is on the green list but Cyprus is on the amber, and you don’t get of the ship in Cyprus, are you still Deemed to have gone there and thus self isolate upon return?