Is anyone still booking cruises from the US for this year??

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

So true...and so sad that nefarious types will knowingly endanger themselves and everyone around them with their lies.  

Their house...their rules.  Don't like it...don't go there.  🤨

Classified Ad................Buy one fake Covid vaccination card and get one "comfort animal" certificate FREE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

A vaccine passport is a updated digital version of the WHO yellow card, which is proof of a vaccine. The current CDC cards are easily forageable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/18/scams-coronavirus-vaccination-cards/

Thanks for the link but I am not a subscriber - so denied access (unless I wanted to pay and I'm too cheap).

28 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Classified Ad................Buy one fake Covid vaccination card and get one "comfort animal" certificate FREE.

OMG...happy I was already done with my cup of tea...would be all over the keyboard.  Good one Gary.  😄  Now where did I park my Peacock?  😄 

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

OMG...happy I was already done with my cup of tea...would be all over the keyboard.  Good one Gary.  😄  Now where did I park my Peacock?  😄 

AMEN!!!!! Glad that you didn't have an accidental drowning of your keyboard.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Thank you. Fake ID's are everywhere, so fake vaccination cards are just an extension of criminal intent. I am surprised that the US Government didn't think this scenario through and have a verifiable card (holographic imaging) for recipients. Isn't there a record of who received the shots, lot #'s and names to do tracing? All of the personal data had to be filled out on forms and verified with a drivers license or similar documents that proved your age and residency. 

8 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you. Fake ID's are everywhere, so fake vaccination cards are just an extension of criminal intent. I am surprised that the US Government didn't think this scenario through and have a verifiable card (holographic imaging) for recipients. Isn't there a record of who received the shots, lot #'s and names to do tracing? All of the personal data had to be filled out on forms and verified with a drivers license or similar documents that proved your age and residency. 

Yes, the CDC though of a better system, but they were knee caped by the previous administration. The CDC wanted to make a vaccine verification system, aka vaccine passport.

Each of the states already have records of the vaccination, but it's not setup for individual verification from requests outside the healthcare system.

25 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Yes, the CDC though of a better system, but they were knee caped by the previous administration. The CDC wanted to make a vaccine verification system, aka vaccine passport.

Each of the states already have records of the vaccination, but it's not setup for individual verification from requests outside the healthcare system.

Can the States process the data and produce a verification card? 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

CDC has to approve that.........................

The CDC actually has nothing to do with deciding that, other than perhaps they could also choose to do that since the data vaccination gathered by the states could be (but may not be) forwarded to them. The states have the data by individual and can choose to provide methods that it could be authenticated readily such as by a smartphone app.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

The CDC actually has nothing to do with deciding that, other than perhaps they could also choose to do that since the data vaccination gathered by the states could be (but may not be) forwarded to them. The states have the data by individual and can choose to provide methods that it could be authenticated readily such as by a smartphone app.

I was kidding ! besides if CDC was involved in that, it would take another 18 month before they get to it.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

Or the could do something crazy, like, use the existing MVA/DMV system to provide free IDs or use an existing DL #s + a pin, with linking to the vaccination data on the back end. But to do that, the MVA/DMV would have to be accessible to everyone. When the business scans your ID, it would bring up a picture and name for positive identification and then a Green check or Red X.

I don't like the idea of having the vaccination info directly on a physical card, since how long the vaccine lasts hasn't been established.

2 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Or the could do something crazy, like, use the existing MVA/DMV system to provide free IDs or use an existing DL #s + a pin, with linking to the vaccination data on the back end. But to do that, the MVA/DMV would have to be accessible to everyone. When the business scans your ID, it would bring up a picture and name for positive identification and then a Green check or Red X.

I don't like the idea of having the vaccination info directly on a physical card, since how long the vaccine lasts hasn't been established.

Yeah !  I want to require Covid19 vaccinations to vote 😘

45 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

New York's app appears to use the concept of requiring an action to obtain the information, either from vaccination records or from a test record. The result is a token that will expire, either about a month after in the case of vaccination, or some shorter period if from a test. So it provides for a way in which a vaccination record wouldn't be enough proof if it were determined after a certain time it wasn't effective enough, and something new would've needed to be done, like a booster shot. And it simultaneously provides negative testing as another method, with a much shorter period such that a new test would need to be performed to continue getting the OK via the app.

The generated token is encrypted and verifiable as genuine and will carry the valid-to and type of authorization (vaccine or test), and some identifying info, thus the business verifying it doesn't need access to anything but some traditional certificate-based decryption.

The concept seems sound in general. We'll see how their implementation works over the next few months, I suppose. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

The vital information of everyone receiving this vaccine has been recorded at various health departments 

On 4/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, lrm1964 said:

Hello All,

We booked a cruise out of Cape Liberty for this September. We had one canceled last year and now that we are vaccinated we wanted to cruise again. We chose this one because we live in NJ and did not want to fly yet.

You cannot be serious .There will not be any cruises leaving from Bayonne in 2021.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, lrm1964 said:

Hello All,

We booked a cruise out of Cape Liberty for this September. We had one canceled last year and now that we are vaccinated we wanted to cruise again. We chose this one because we live in NJ and did not want to fly yet.

Hoping you got an unbelievable low price so you can Lift and Shift this cruise to 2022...........No chance of Royal sailing from Bayonne this year.

For us its worth a shot. I agree its a slim prospect of going in Sept. If we get further in the summer and it gets canceled we will just get our money back. But if it does were going. As far NJ banning a vaccine passport that was all about politics. The representative that proposed it is in the minority party trying to make points with the voters. There is no way that would pass at the moment. If after the election in November the minority party is in power that could change.

Just booked a 7-night WB Caribbean from Port Canaveral. Hoping COVID will be non-issue by September. It's been two years since we went last on a cruise and all four of us in my family are longing for a cruise really badly. Just keeping our fingers crossed it won't be cancelled and the on-board experience won't be too limited.

Edited by coldflame

1 hour ago, lrm1964 said:

For us its worth a shot. I agree its a slim prospect of going in Sept. If we get further in the summer and it gets canceled we will just get our money back. But if it does were going. As far NJ banning a vaccine passport that was all about politics. The representative that proposed it is in the minority party trying to make points with the voters. There is no way that would pass at the moment. If after the election in November the minority party is in power that could change.

There is a better chance of the NY Giants winning the next Super Bowl than a cruise ship leaving from Bayonne in 2021.

• Like 1